Paypal Issues

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Attention customers: Due to strict regulations with Paypal, we are unable to accept funds at this time. Sorry for any inconvenience.

RSX-S

Board Supporter
Awards
I'm just gonna go ahead and say it..... Paypal sucks.

moklepaul

moklepaul

Awards
  • Established
Hope you didn't lose any funds, stryder.

Stick with CC processors ;)

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Got several hundred dollars locked in there at the moment :( ...luckily made a transfer the day before they locked it down.

PVSkyHigh

PVSkyHigh

Awards
  • Established
My girlfriend send somebody money using paypal over 4 months ago, and she has been trying to get her money. Still nothing....

moklepaul

moklepaul

Awards
  • Established
Got several hundred dollars locked in there at the moment :( ...luckily made a transfer the day before they locked it down.

They can stop all transfers (probably will), and they've been known to go into your bank account and get funds if they need to.

Did someone lodge a complaint against you?

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
They can stop all transfers (probably will), and they've been known to go into your bank account and get funds if they need to.

Did someone lodge a complaint against you?
No complaints, just not happy with some of the items we were selling...

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
PP doesn't like businesses who sell ph type products. Good luck ever getting you account restored or even establishing a new one. I think Custom had similar issues as well.

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You're right! They reversed my transfer and now I've got a couple G's locked in the paypal vault :aargh:

moklepaul

moklepaul

Awards
  • Established
I've had run ins with them myself, and many people I know have too.

The bad news is there's nothing you can do, they have every right to do this, you agreed to it in the terms of service.

The worse news is they take their sweet time resolving these issues, and have been known to just cancel your account and not return your money...(sometimes refunding the purchasers, depending on if there were complaints).

Call a lawyer if you really want it ;)

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the pointers moklepaul...looks like I'm at their mercies. That's alright though...all part of life's lessons. Live and learn :)

gresh

gresh

Awards
Thanks for the pointers moklepaul...looks like I'm at their mercies. That's alright though...all part of life's lessons. Live and learn :)
Did you give up on paypal or are you still accepting it?

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Paypal blocked our business account and even my personal account. I guess they don't like me anymore :sad:

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Since you were jsut selling items of a questionable nature you should be able to recover your funds. Since you weren't breaking any laws or regulations they really can't keep your funds. No one is contesting charges either so they don't have much ground to stand on. Sure you were selling products they might not like but they can't freeze your assests because of it. Hell they can't even prove the money in the account was from the sale of those questionable items. I had a co-worker who was in a similar situation and Paypal froze his account with around $3300USD. A letter from a lawyer quickly got his funds wired to his bank account though his account was still terminated. You might also consult a lawyer and get the several grand they owe you.