Bulk alcar

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yes, it should be here before the 19th...will email our supplier and see if we can get an ETA for you.

gaberox

Awards
I have ALCAR waiting to be capped because the taste is so horrible. I do recommend it all the time too.
Mixing it with crystal light works very well.Also adding it to a nice flavored product like Xceed or Xpand works to mask the taste completly.Alcar+r-ala+Xceed=:thumbsup:

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have ALCAR waiting to be capped because the taste is so horrible. I do recommend it all the time too.
I had been mixing it with xceed, cant tell much then :) But now I will try it with the primed, which has a very strong sour sorta flavor.

gaberox

Awards
Yes, it should be here before the 19th...will email our supplier and see if we can get an ETA for you.
Any ETA as of yet.Also will the citrulline be in stock same time as the alcar?

jrkarp

Awards
  • Established
I like ALCAR but it gives me the nastiest, most foul farts. I'm going to try lower dosages.

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
How much do you take in at one sitting?And daily total?
I would start out at 3-4g/day, in split doses. I would not go too far over, or at least assess your "tolerance."

The reason I say "tolerance" is that some people may be predisposed to Trimethylaminuria - Usually a genetic disorder in which you cannot efficiently metabolize trimethylamine. Trimethylamine is what causes fish to, well smell like fish. People with Trimethylaminuria generally will excrete it through bodily fluids (sweat, saliva, etc.), causing them to reek of fish (Fish Odor Syndrome).

Even if you are not clincally classified as genetically having Trimethylaminuria, it is possible to "aquire" it from precursor overload - Carnitine being one of the precursors. I found this out the hard way, taking 3-4g doses at a time. Had no F'in clue what was causing it... til I did a little research :study: . I had been dosing at 1g 3x/day with no problem, and started to smell after bumping the doses to 3-4g at a time. :gas: Quite embarrassing, I must say, because I couldn't even smell it (and I hate fish), but others pointed it out.

Trimethylaminuria: The Fish Malodor Syndrome -- Mitchell and Smith 29 (4): 517 -- Drug Metabolism and Disposition

Trimethylaminuria

ripped218

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I would start out at 3-4g/day, in split doses. I would not go too far over, or at least assess your "tolerance."

The reason I say "tolerance" is that some people may be predisposed to Trimethylaminuria - Usually a genetic disorder in which you cannot efficiently metabolize trimethylamine. Trimethylamine is what causes fish to, well smell like fish. People with Trimethylaminuria generally will excrete it through bodily fluids (sweat, saliva, etc.), causing them to reek of fish (Fish Odor Syndrome).

Even if you are not clincally classified as genetically having Trimethylaminuria, it is possible to "aquire" it from precursor overload - Carnitine being one of the precursors. I found this out the hard way, taking 3-4g doses at a time. Had no F'in clue what was causing it... til I did a little research :study: . I had been dosing at 1g 3x/day with no problem, and started to smell after bumping the doses to 3-4g at a time. :gas: Quite embarrassing, I must say, because I couldn't even smell it (and I hate fish), but others pointed it out.

Trimethylaminuria: The Fish Malodor Syndrome -- Mitchell and Smith 29 (4): 517 -- Drug Metabolism and Disposition

Trimethylaminuria
:goodpost: