What can I do now ?!

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
Well....If the FedEx site is correct, they delivered my package today @ 2:35pm, and left it at the front door.

At 5:45pm when I got home, nothing was there. They usually put packages behind a chest/bench I keep on the front porch out of sight. I'm guessing somebody saw them put it there?
I don't know. I've never had a problem before.

Question is, anyone ever have this happen? If so, what can I do?
Words cannot express how upset I am right now.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Do they have any responsibility to have someone sign for it to verify that they actually did drop it off. Are you sure they dropped it off.

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
No sig was requested, they just have on the FedEx tracking site,
"Status: Delivered"
"Left at front door, signature service not requested."

Every other time it has said that, I have just gone out front and its right there.

To say the least, I'll be looking for a mailboxes, etc. or some such thing tomorrow to have all my future items shipped to. Or maybe just have it shipped to my work.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Call Fed Ex and ask them.

CROWLER

D

diamonddave

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Do you have any other external doors? Sometimes I find them at my back or side entryways.

dd

G

GrossSizeRocks

Awards
One of the problems with the US Postal Service's "Delivery Confirmation" is that, in truth, it just confirms that the pkg. got delivered somewhere, not that it got delivered to you. The mailman scans the bar code on the pkg and his hand-held electronic thingie records that he delivered it at such and such a time and date. If he leaves your pkg next door, or across the street, or at the same number on a different street, or any other dumb-mailman mistake you can dream up, the system just records it "delivered" and does not recognize that it was delivered wrong. If you or a customer service rep pulls this up on the computer, all you'll see is that it was indeed delivered and so recorded by a system that was never designed to allow for deliveries to wrong addresses. I know this **** cause one of my fellow gym rats is a mailman, but I am guessing UPS and FedEx have similar tracking systems with similar cracks through which old fashioned human error can slip.

I don't deal with MailBox, etc, which was renamed The UPS Store a coupla years ago, but check to make sure they will accept delivery from non-UPS carriers before you rent a box.

E

eGhost

Awards
I was a contractor for FedEx a few years ago and owned a delivery route. What you need to do is call FedEx and report that you did not get your package. They will launch an investigation and if the package does not turn up then they will have to pay for it, up to $100 assuming no insurance for a larger amount was taken out by the shipper. The bad news is that will take several weeks to complete on their part.

The shipper (not you) will actually get reimbursed for the mishap unless the shipper sends an authorized letter to FedEx asking them to release the funds directly to you. I suggest contacting the shipper and work togeather with them so it gets resolved on all ends without a problem.

On a side note, FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery routes are owned by independant contractors who deliver to your door. Should a package come up missing and FedEx covers the cost of said package then it comes directly out of the contractors paycheck. These guys are under allot of pressure to release packages without a signature because if they bring them back at the end of the day they get penalized. Never take advantage of claiming not to have recieved your goods. These guys work hard and get the short end of the stick from FedEx. I know this is not the case with you but I wanted to put it out there for future reference everyone can see. Good luck getting this resolved.

eGhost.

M

meowmeow

Awards
  • Established
Very informaive post eGhost. Thanks for taking the time to explain how it works....information we all need seeing as we are constantly getting packages delivered while at work.

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I'll give em a call today and let them know what happened so they can get the claim underway.

I should have just done that in the first place, but I guess I just needed to vent. Having your supps snagged from your doorway is pretty disturbing.
Thanks again guys.

E

eGhost

Awards
Very informaive post eGhost. Thanks for taking the time to explain how it works....information we all need seeing as we are constantly getting packages delivered while at work.
No problem at all. To say I'm not a big fan of FedEx is an understatement. Ever since putting my time and money into working along side the company my eyes were opened to several things I had no clue about. I actually have a UPS account to handle all my shipping needs. I could go on in detail but I don't want to hijack this thread or it's original purpose.

eGhost.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
well start a thread, people should know what they are dealing with esp, when rc's are involved...

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
-2z- email me your first and last name and an order # if you have one and I'll help you resolve this issue.

I apologize for the inconvenience and understand your frustration.

To FedEx's credit though, we must remember that leaving a package at a doorstep is common practice amongst all the shipping carriers. Someone could have just as easily stolen it had UPS delivered the package.

Shoot me an email and I will personally look into it for you: [email protected]

E

eGhost

Awards
well start a thread, people should know what they are dealing with esp, when rc's are involved...
When I get some free time I will start a thread on it and link you to it.

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
Ok....this is odd. But at this point I'm O.K. with it.

I decide to check on my front porch this afternoon and the box is setting there! You can see it's been opened, then scotch taped back shut, then taped over with clear packing tape (I guess after they found some packing tape ???). Bizarre. I need to call Fed Ex and find out if it was them or if it was just put back after "whoever" found out it was nothing of value to them. Fed ex was doing an investigation so maybe it was dropped at the wrong place.

Thanks Stryder for being so helpful. Customer service at it's finest. Especially when it wasn't even your end ...lol.

All's well that ends well....I guess.
I guess for future deliveries I'll have to put a lock on the chest I have on the front porch and leave it unlocked with a message to put my packages in there and lock the padlock.
Riggin' a porch cam might be good too.

Again, thanks for all the replies. My precious supplements have been safely returned...:woohoo:

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
So, I will contradict Sam on this.

My lifting buddy and I both live at the same apt. complex. We've both had packages sent via FedEx (both from NP and Island) and both have had this stunt pulled.

I was fortunate enough to have the package(s) left undisturbed. But, my buddy wasn't so lucky. He had a >$200 order taken. AND he had left a note telling the driver not to leave the package at his door. Sam (major props) ended up resending the package.

I've had stuff sent via Priority, DHL, and UPS - all of these carriers have left packages at the apartment rental office (where I can pick it up the next day).

For some reason, the FedEx drivers will only leave packages at the apartment office if a signature is required.
It worked out fine when I had my last order from Sam require a signature.

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
Well...when I called FedEx to let them know I had the pkg, they said there was a note on there from today that I had the pkg.
Looks like it was probably delivered to wrong address and they had to re-deliver. Which I think is odd, since I occassionally see the driver, and it's always been the same person.
Ah well.

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Glad to hear all worked out in the end...-2z- thank you for your honesty and integrity ;)

I

IRISHRYG

Board Supporter
Awards
also had this happen to me and sam went above and beyond customer service to help me out! nutraplanet rocks and fed ex sucks! glad everything worked for you