AX Perfect Cycle literally stinks, FEDEX SUCKS!

screwbol

Banned
Awards
Just picked up my package at the Fedex hub (more on that) which contained a bottle of Perfect Cycle and Phera-plex. The moment I opened the perfect cycle bottle, my girlfriend and I both gagged and thought that there was a sewage treatment plant nearby causing the smell. I took 2 of the pills and they tasted faintly like the smell--so I closed the bottle, rolled down the windows to let some fresh air again, and realized it was the Perfect Cycle that literally smelled like ****! It definatly works (at least the ala) as my blood sugar dropped like a rock in 30 minutes, but what is it that makes this stuff smell so bad?? Or did I get a bad batch? I've used milk thistle, ala, and NAC year-round for the last few years and NEVER experienced this. What gives?

Also, is a signature REQUIRED for Fedex? My friggin fedex driver didn't even bother to stop by the house today--I was waiting for my package, sitting at my cpu after work ( I got off at 3) and low and behold at 5 o'clock I check the tracking and it says "delivery exception, customer not available or business closed". So I went upstairs and there was NO DOOR TAG! I called Fedex and they told me the driver DID attempt delivery but DID NOT leave a door tag--THAT IS BULLSHIT. I was able to drive (40 miles, of course) with my tracking # and ID to pick up the package, according to the lady at fedex. I asked her why he didn't leave a door tag or ring the door bell and she couldn't answer me. I know for a fact he didn't even stop by my house b/c I was upstairs at the cpu from 3 to 5. Bullshit. When I got the box at the fedex building, part of the door tag was on the side of it! To top all of this off, when I asked if I could sign a "signature waiver" the customer service woman at the counter told me I already had one on file! And that the shipper MUST HAVE REQUIRED a signature. I just want to get to the bottom of this so I know whether or not I should switch supplement stores or what. I refuse to wait for shady Fedex drivers who don't deliver stuff because it is late on a friday NOR am I willing to drive 40 miles to pick the stuff up. I'd rather spend the money and buy from 1fast400, DPS, or BB.com. They offer USPS and UPS shipping, which are oddly more reliable in my area and NEVER require signatures.

So what's the word on the Fedex/signature requirements, Stryder?

BTW< the order number was 6041.

EDIT: Now that I am level headed, I read the above post and it came out a little angrier than I would've liked. I should have waited to cool off before posting.

My main issue was whether or not NP was going to stick with FEdex ONLY delivery (I placed my order on the ONE day that Fedex was the only option, because there was a problem with the USPS shipping). I was basically trying to say that I'd have to switch to another supplement store if Fedex remained the only shipping option because their behavior in my area is terrible. Now that I am aware of the USPS option, however, I will definately stick with NP. I am an asshole for posting that second paragraph, but hey, we all have our fault's, right?

Sorry, Sam.
You still :head: (rock)

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
I don't know what the "perfect cycle" is, but if it contains NAC, that would explain the nasty rotten egg smell. My NOW nac always smells like poo.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It's the NAC.. Wait until you take a leak after taking it for afew days.. :D

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Screwbol, I apologize for the insane hassle you had to go through to pick up your package. I PERSONALLY shipped out that order and so I am 100% positive we did not require signature service for that order.

Sounds to me like the woman at customer service obviously didn't know what she was talking about and is trying to pass the buck for their error. I mean even if there was a signature requirement, how can they explain the driver not even stopping and ringing the doorbell?

I hate to lose your business over the mistake that FedEx made, but in all honesty it's not really even FedEx's fault but rather the driver at that moment.

screwbol

Banned
Awards
Screwbol, I apologize for the insane hassle you had to go through to pick up your package. I PERSONALLY shipped out that order and so I am 100% positive we did not require signature service for that order.

Sounds to me like the woman at customer service obviously didn't know what she was talking about and is trying to pass the buck for their error. I mean even if there was a signature requirement, how can they explain the driver not even stopping and ringing the doorbell?

I hate to lose your business over the mistake that FedEx made, but in all honesty it's not really even FedEx's fault but rather the driver at that moment.
Sam, I am going to file a complaint with Fedex about the driver and this situation. The cust. service lady blatantly lied to me about the signature requirement and plainly stated that there is a signature waiver on my address/account, and that the ONLY reason the driver would not leave it there was b/c of a shipper's request/requirement.

Obviously, she had NO explanation as to why there was no door tag left, although I have a pretty good idea (it was friday afternoon, the driver said "**** it, I'm done for today" and headed back to the Fedex building to clock out early).
BTW, thank you for your email explanation, I really appreciated it, I was a little overzealous in my first post. What really bites my nuts was that this was the 2nd day air service, which should recieve MUCH MORE priority than regular ground. Those fucks.

screwbol

Banned
Awards
It's the NAC.. Wait until you take a leak after taking it for afew days.. :D
I will take your word for it, but not only do I use Now brand NAC caps (2-3 per day) year round, I have also done a cycle of "Clout", which provides 4 grams of NAC per day, And never have I experienced this (I am starting to get BAAAAAAD gas that smells EXACTLY like the Perfect Cycle caps) nor have I noticed a bad smell to any type of NAC until now. I guess I will try taking 1 cap at a time with meals to eliminate the gas I have been expiencing from it (I took 2 caps at a time on an empty stomach). How do you all take it and do you get these types of side-effects? If so, how are they dealt with?

enimity

Awards
I'd rather spend the money and buy from 1fast400, DPS, or BB.com. They offer USPS and UPS shipping, which are oddly more reliable in my area and NEVER require signatures.
Hey bro, since when hasnt np offered USP and USPS shipping options?

That sucks about the service you got from fedex though, strangely enough the exact same thing happened with my order last week. Got home at 2.50pm on friday and was home from then on waiting for the delivery. At 5.30pm I checked the tracking number on the internet it said "delivery exception, customer not available or business closed"

I checked the mail box and there was nothing there, then the next day there was a tag in my letter box dated the previous day saying delivery attempted 3pm, ok mabey I missed it the prevous day but I also have on 2 occasions signed forms giving fedex authorisation to leave packages unsigned for. Just in case I also left another signed note on my front door as well and they still didnt leave it. To top it off I was home when they came.

f^^k knows what is going on with them.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I will take your word for it, but not only do I use Now brand NAC caps (2-3 per day) year round, I have also done a cycle of "Clout", which provides 4 grams of NAC per day, And never have I experienced this (I am starting to get BAAAAAAD gas that smells EXACTLY like the Perfect Cycle caps) nor have I noticed a bad smell to any type of NAC until now. I guess I will try taking 1 cap at a time with meals to eliminate the gas I have been expiencing from it (I took 2 caps at a time on an empty stomach). How do you all take it and do you get these types of side-effects? If so, how are they dealt with?
ya man your lucky summer is over, not only do farts smell like the stuff but you sweat enough and itll be reakin through your pores!!! but ya i got the same thing with pro liver too stinky smell in the bottle= stinky smell in/out of my body, but it works:blink:

screwbol

Banned
Awards

That sucks about the service you got from fedex though, strangely enough the exact same thing happened with my order last week. Got home at 2.50pm on friday and was home from then on waiting for the delivery. At 5.30pm I checked the tracking number on the internet it said "delivery exception, customer not available or business closed"

I checked the mail box and there was nothing there, then the next day there was a tag in my letter box dated the previous day saying delivery attempted 3pm, ok mabey I missed it the prevous day but I also have on 2 occasions signed forms giving fedex authorisation to leave packages unsigned for. Just in case I also left another signed note on my front door as well and they still didnt leave it. To top it off I was home when they came.

f^^k knows what is going on with them.

When I was going through the ordering process, Fedex was the ONLY delivery option available for my order. I don't know if this is standard or what. I needed the package by the end of the week, and since it was late Tues when I ordered, I decided to pay the extra few bucks for 2nd day air. Anyway, it has been resolved but I would really like to see Stryder offer more than one type of shipping service so customers with notoriously bad fedex, ups, or usps delivery people can order without having to worry about whether or not they are going to recieve the package.

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
NAC smells bad. If you open a bottle of NAC and it doesn't stink, then you need another brand because you're not getting efficacious product.

Perhaps due to poor quality product, non-airtight seal on the bottle, old... I don't know. But NAC, by its nature, smells strongly. Like sulphur.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Shootme - NAC smells like sulfur because cystine contains a sulfur atom.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
When I was going through the ordering process, Fedex was the ONLY delivery option available for my order. I don't know if this is standard or what. I needed the package by the end of the week, and since it was late Tues when I ordered, I decided to pay the extra few bucks for 2nd day air. Anyway, it has been resolved but I would really like to see Stryder offer more than one type of shipping service so customers with notoriously bad fedex, ups, or usps delivery people can order without having to worry about whether or not they are going to recieve the package.
My local Fedex hub does EXACTLY the same thing. Do you by any chance live near Union, NJ?

I can't tell you how many times I would be sitting downstairs reading a book right next to the door, looking out every minute or so for the Fedex guy, only for him to never show up, not leave a slip, and claim that he did stop by and that I wasn't there. I hate Fedex. Too many of their drivers are lazy sacks of ****.

screwbol

Banned
Awards
I filed a complaint on the fedex site this morning and got a reply. They are going to submit the incident for review and follow up with the driver once they get all the shipping information. I suggest to anyone that has had this happen to them do the same.

As far as the NAC smell is concerned, I have ALWAYS used the NOW Foods brand 600mg NAC capsules that are carried by Nutraplanet and my local whole foods. They have never smelled anywhere NEAR as bad as the "Perfect Cycle" tablets. I have never opened the NAC caps, however, so maybe the raw powder does smell horrific.

Also, I had no idea NAC makes you smell bad! I have been wondering why my clothes seem to get stinky sooner than they used to, and have been taking more showers since I upped my daily dose to 1800mg from 600-1200mg. What is everyone else's take on this??

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Screwbol is right, USPS has done an upgrade recently making it impossible for us to print shipping labels, so we had to disable USPS for a day to work on integration. USPS is back up as an option again...

screwbol

Banned
Awards
Thanks stryder, I will use USPS next time. I need to email you to get some information that Fedex requested from me so they can investigate the complaint I filed against the Fedex delivery guy.

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
Shootme - NAC smells like sulfur because cystine contains a sulfur atom.
Yes I know.

I did learn that sulphur (the way I spelled it) and sulfur (the way you did) are both correct. Learning is fun. WIKIPEDIA

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thanks stryder, I will use USPS next time. I need to email you to get some information that Fedex requested from me so they can investigate the complaint I filed against the Fedex delivery guy.
Got the email. Will have the requested info for you sometime Monday.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Screwbol, I apologize for the insane hassle you had to go through to pick up your package. .
e

A fine lesson for other businesses to learn. Accepting responsiblity even when it was NOT his fault.

WOW how refreshing to see this. :head:

I have never ordered from you but will certainly see if you offer products I use.

I commend you Stryder!

CROWLER

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
Unsolicited random kudos: Nutraplanet has terrific service and fast shipping.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Yes the P cycle does have that odor, I could smell it before I even opened the package, perhaps your Fedex driver could smell it. Also fedex has been oddball in my area too, I wouldnt file a complaint, they keep the same drivers on the same route, they DO NOT CARE about you as a customer. The PC is great though, Ive had no BO problems with it since I cut the dose in half, excellent product!

mmorpheuss

mmorpheuss

Awards
  • Established
My local Fedex hub does EXACTLY the same thing. Do you by any chance live near Union, NJ?

I can't tell you how many times I would be sitting downstairs reading a book right next to the door, looking out every minute or so for the Fedex guy, only for him to never show up, not leave a slip, and claim that he did stop by and that I wasn't there. I hate Fedex. Too many of their drivers are lazy sacks of ****.
The drivers are from a station, not a hub.

If the hub screws up they missort your package and the driver never even sees your box.

As Stryder said, it's not Fedex, it's the lazy sack of crap deceitful courier, who should be written up and have one foot placed forcibly out of the door. That, or demoted back to handler.

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
screwbol, sent the email to you with the requested info.

Although I still can't explain why the delivery guy didn't stop by or ring the doorbell, I called FedEx and discovered the mystery behind the signature requirement. When I shipped out your package, I elected the 2nd day service going to a residential address. Well, it turns out that when FedEx ships an express package to a residential location, it defaults to a signature requirement. So this mistake is actually a result of my ignorance of FedEx's shipping policies. Went ahead and credited back the shipping cost to your card.

FYI, there is a way around this which is to process the express package, but uncheck the residential delivery option and this should waive the signature requirement (at least that's what they are telling me).

Again I apologize for the screw up.

screwbol

Banned
Awards
screwbol, sent the email to you with the requested info.

Although I still can't explain why the delivery guy didn't stop by or ring the doorbell, I called FedEx and discovered the mystery behind the signature requirement. When I shipped out your package, I elected the 2nd day service going to a residential address. Well, it turns out that when FedEx ships an express package to a residential location, it defaults to a signature requirement. So this mistake is actually a result of my ignorance of FedEx's shipping policies. Went ahead and credited back the shipping cost to your card.

FYI, there is a way around this which is to process the express package, but uncheck the residential delivery option and this should waive the signature requirement (at least that's what they are telling me).

Again I apologize for the screw up.

Hey bro, It is not your fault!:) If the fedex driver would've done his job, I would have been able to sign for the package and this would be a non-issue. DOn't call yourself "ignorant" to Fedex's policies--they make things overcomplicated, again not your fault you haven't read the 1000 page shipping manual:).

When I placed the order and realized there was only fedex delivery to pick from, I understood that I had the responsibility to be at home and sign for the package (all fedex packages seem to require signature here, even though I live in a new housing development w/ no crime). I fulfilled this responsibility by being at home and ready to sign when the "fake" delivery (the Fedex driver never actually came to my house) was attempted. You fulfilled your responsibility by sending the CORRECT products in the CORRECT manner in a TIMELY fashion. The Fedex driver is at fault here, no one else.

I apologize for going a little overboard in the initial post--it was just an freak occurance that I ordered on the one day you could'nt send products via USPS. **** happens. You still have a loyal customer in me, though. You customer service is great, and the way you made this up to me is a perfect example of why you are going to remain a favorite of ours.

But I urge you not to take the blame. I don't mind you "making it up" to me, but it wasn't your fault. My next order is going to be placed later this week with USPS shipping, so hopefully both of us will get what we want--I'll get my supps w/o having to jump through hoops and you'll get my $$$ and business.

Thanks again, Sam.

RE: the fedex complaint I filed: They are going to review the driver's behavior, I didn't file a report against the company or anyone involved in the shipping process--it was the delivery guy who didn't do his job and I reported his behavior. I'm placing the blame where it belongs--on the guy who didn't even try to deliver the package. No doorbell was rung, no knocks were attempted, and no doortag was left. But he filed a "delivery exception: Customer not available or business closed" deal at 4:20 (how fitting) on that day I was at home waiting for him from 3 until 5. He FAKED a delivery attempt.

Fedex knows he didn't attempt delivery, too. He f'd up when he pulled his false delivery bs at 4:20, because he dropped off the undelivered package at the hub (which is 40 miles away) at 4:00 that day. They are going to fry him for that. Unless he can prove he has the ability to time-travel he is going to be disciplined (hopefully fired) for this.

And I am not afraid to report him b/c I have 3 different fedex guys. I don't give a **** if they try to **** with me b/c I'll keep filing reports and won't use fedex anymore.

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
haha... that's awesome. What an idiot to say he attempted at 4:20 but returned back at 4:00.

Awesome.