Filler in K-R-ALA?

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
Stryder, is there any filler in your bulk K-R-ALA? I ask because after lots of pestering Mike Mc, it was finally determined that his bulk K-R-ALA (from Gernova) was 50% filler.

Thanks,
bow

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Will get the details and let you know...in regards to Mike's K-R-ALA, I've been told that he did not get it from Geronova.

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Received word back from Geronova. Here is the deal with the "filler" in question. The inert ingredients are calcium silicate and microcrystalline cellulose.

The inert ingredients are added for the stability of the rALA after it has been converted to a potassium salt. The potassium salt alone is still not stable therefore it is necessary for the inactives to maintain the integrity and stability of the product.

I've attached a specs sheet of the K-R-ALA for more detailed information.

Attachments

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
So gram for gram its the same k-rala as that in the other commerical products (i.e. gxr).

Thanks for the quick response.

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
If it's 40% K-R-ALA, and I buy 100 grams, am I getting 100 grams of K-R-ALA plus 150 grams of filler, or am I getting 40 grams of K-R-ALA plus 60 grams of filler?
In orther words, is the filler included in the weight?

-Tinytoad

Last edited:
Chippewa

Chippewa

Awards
  • Established
In addition, if I am attempting to take a 100mg dose, do I need to use more than 200mg of powder to get it?

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
In addition, if I am attempting to take a 100mg dose, do I need to use more than 200mg of powder to get it?
Right.... if the powder is 40%, you need 250 mg of powder, to get 100 mg of K-R-ALA.

-Tinytoad

MorganKane

Awards
Right.... if the powder is 40%, you need 250 mg of powder, to get 100 mg of K-R-ALA.

-Tinytoad
If this is the case then GxR is much cheaper.

K-R-ALA costs $20 for 25grm. If its only 40% of KRALA then you only get 10 grm.

GXR is $30 for 90 caps. 250mg per cap x 90 comes out to 22.5 grm.

Plus GXR comes capped already plus a few other ingrediants.

I hope im not getting this right since I liked the price before I knew it contains only 40% K-R-ALA.

Chippewa

Chippewa

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, but how do you know that GXR isn't just measuring the powder itself--like we've ALL been doing--rather than the specific k-rala content within that powder?

MorganKane

Awards
Yeah, but how do you know that GXR isn't just measuring the powder itself--like we've ALL been doing--rather than the specific k-rala content within that powder?
I don't.
But I would assume that when someone list 250mg of a substance they acutally mean that it is 250mg of that substance. If thats not the case then the labeling is pretty much meaningless and a scam. if you can put someting on the label and deliver something else its fraud.

If they said 250mg @ 40% then it would be different.

But like I said - I don't know.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They didn't say 250mg ALA but 250mg K-ALA. And as per definition K-ALA is only 40% active RALA. As you can seen in the document sent by Stryder K-ALA is a TM. So when they say 250mg K-ALA it means that it contains 250mg of the product K-ALA which is 40% active RALA.
But I agree with you it would be nice to have this specification on the label.

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
They didn't say 250mg ALA but 250mg K-ALA. And as per definition K-ALA is only 40% active RALA. As you can seen in the document sent by Stryder K-ALA is a TM. So when they say 250mg K-ALA it means that it contains 250mg of the product K-ALA which is 40% active RALA.
This is really confusing, but any way you slice it, the NutraPlanet K-R-Ala is a good deal. I have no idea what the value of Quercitin is, however.

Just for fun, I measured out 100 caps of GXR, and weighted them on my scale. I came up with 66 grams / 100 pills, or 660 mg / pill.
The pills say that they are 250 mg of KRALA, which at 40% active KRALA powder, would be 416 mg of the 40% powder.
There is another 250 mg of Quercitin and the Q3D and Q4D analogs, which brings the total per cap weight to .666 mg, not counting the weight of the capsule.
So, given the innacuracy of my scale, and the unknown weight of the capsules, it's likely that GXR actually has around somewhere in the neighborhood of 416 mg of a weight, consisting of the weight of the 40% K-R-Ala powder plus the weight of the empty capsule. Try it out for yourself. I really wish I knew the weight of the empty capsules though. As a side note, I'm also assuming that the calcium silicate, potassium bicarbonate, and microcrystalline cellulose are part of the KRALA powder.

I guess we've all just about beaten this one to death now.

-Tinytoad

Last edited:
Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
count more or less 100mg per empty "0" caps.

riskarb

riskarb

Ron Paul... phuck yeah!
Awards
  • Established
If this is the case then GxR is much cheaper.

K-R-ALA costs $20 for 25grm. If its only 40% of KRALA then you only get 10 grm.

GXR is $30 for 90 caps. 250mg per cap x 90 comes out to 22.5 grm.

Plus GXR comes capped already plus a few other ingrediants.

I hope im not getting this right since I liked the price before I knew it contains only 40% K-R-ALA.

GXR contains 100mg of the active + the Quercetin analogs.

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
BINGO! Hit the nail right on the head :hammer:

wookie429

Awards
ok, so when will k-r-ala be back in stock?

iven been keeping an eye on it for a while and have been holding off ordering until it is in.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How do you measure the K-R-ALA powder when 1tsp = 3.5grams and you would want to take 250mg doses.

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
How do you measure the K-R-ALA powder when 1tsp = 3.5grams and you would want to take 250mg doses.
1/14 of a teaspoon would equal 250 mg...and if you can measure out 1/14 of a teaspoon, you are quite skilled :lol:

I'd invest in a scale for those types of measurements.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What tool does everyone use to measure the dosing for KRALA powder seeing how you would only use about 250mg of KRALA at one time. It would seem like pinch of the powder. I will be taking it without capping it, and it would seem that you would have to lick whatever you measured it with.