Nutraplanet to charge sales taxes soon unless we act now!!!

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There is a bill on the floor right now named "The Marketplace Fairness Act" which recently was endorsed by Obama that will affect how much you spend at Nutraplanet as well as all other internet purchases. Second article below can inform you on what you can do.

===========================================================

Internet sales tax advances after Obama endorsement

By Brendan Sasso and Bernie Becker - 04/22/13

Legislation that would empower states to tax online purchases cleared a key hurdle in the Senate on Monday after winning an enthusiastic endorsement from President Obama.

Senators advanced the bill in 74-20 procedural vote on Monday evening, just one vote short of the backing it received in a test vote last month. Twenty-six Republicans joined Democrats in moving forward with the bill.

Read more: Internet sales tax advances after Obama endorsement - The Hill's Hillicon Valley

======================================================================================

eBay CEO enlists users' aid to defeat online sales tax bill

John Donahoe e-mails eBay users, seeking their help in preventing the enactment of a national Internet sales tax.

by Steven Musil
April 21, 2013 2:20 PM PDT
CNET

eBay is trying to marshal its users to change federal sales tax legislation pending in the Senate that could usher in the first national Internet sales tax.

eBay CEO John Donahoe began sending e-mails to the online auctioneer's users on Sunday, asking they contact their federal representatives to express their opposition for the Marketplace Fairness Act. The proposed legislation, which the Senate is expected to vote on this week, would allow states to require online vendors to collect sales and use tax on certain out-of-state purchases. Only businesses with less than $1 million in annual U.S. sales would be exempt.

Donahoe, who argued that the proposed tax places an unreasonable burden on small retailers, singled out ***** Amazon, which supports the legislation.

"This legislation treats you and big multi-billion dollar online retailers -- such as Amazon -- exactly the same," Donahoe wrote in the e-mail, which was first reported by Reuters. "Those fighting for this change refuse to acknowledge that the burden on businesses like yours is far greater than for a big national retailer."

Read More: http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57580648-93/ebay-ceo-enlists-users-aid-to-defeat-online-sales-tax-bill/

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
they just keep fukin us up the arse daily, dont they? lol

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
yea im startin to get sick of this ****

guess it doesnt really matter since most of us will be going to the black market for our gear in the near future

MIGUEL1J

MIGUEL1J

Awards

guess it doesnt really matter since most of us will be going to the black market for our gear in the near future
The way the FDA is going everything healthy or used to bodybuild will be illegal. I'm getting sick of it to.

AlexErdellan

AlexErdellan

Awards
  • Established
jesus christ lets just make everything more expensive. thanks Obama!!!!

Punisher187

Punisher187

Awards
Thats why I didn't vote for Obama. He just keeps making everything worse for Americans. He doesn't even salute our flag..what a joke

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I am totally prepared to be buying my protein through online sources and sending money to pay via western union lol.

Mike

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thats why I didn't vote for Obama. He just keeps making everything worse for Americans. He doesn't even salute our flag..what a joke
Just keep in mind that Obama did not even start this, this started in the Senate (which was lobbied) and is only now endorsed by Obama.

But yes...the endorsement is just another reason Obama gets an F in my books, buts lets be sure not to single him out.

purebred

Just keep in mind that Obama did not even start this, this started in the Senate (which was lobbied) and is only now endorsed by Obama.

But yes...the endorsement is just another reason Obama gets an F in my books, buts lets be sure not to single him out.
This entire system of politics needs to be aborted.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Internet sales tax bill passes Senate, headed to the House

By Mike Flacy — May 7, 2013
digitaltrends

Detailed on USA Today, the possibility of a national Internet sales tax is one step closer after the U.S. Senate has passed the Marketplace Fairness Act of 2013 by a margin of 69 to 27. This act gives states the right to collect sales tax from all online business selling more than one million dollars of product per year. Assuming the act becomes law, the physical location of a business will no longer be the determining factor if a state can collect sales tax on purchases. In addition, the act requires state lawmakers to provide retailers with software that will allow them to collect sales tax in addition to simplifying the tax code for all businesses.

Axillist

Axillist

Awards
Yet many large Corporations pay effective tax rates of 0%. In a consumer based economy increasing the cost of consuming is not likely to improve our stagnating economy. Let's all take a moment to thank our congress as well as the lobbyists and corporations that own them.

Aznmonk

Aznmonk

Awards
agreed i hated him since the beginning but over the years i just plain despise him worse president ever un american and horrible for the country

another reason for people to look into bitcoin as a payment system by reducing the monetary power of our government

Nooshefx

Nooshefx

Awards
  • Established
The marketplace fairness act was put in place by local retailers to get us back into their stores. The argument is internet stores have an unfair advantage by not charging sales taxes resulting in lower purchase price that retailers cannot compete with. Besides blaming your government like we always do these days point your finger at your neighbor. If shoppers had some tact and didn't shout off at the mouth inside of a business how they are going to go online and save money on sales tax this possibly wouldn't be an issue. But we love to tell a business owner how we can find something cheaper somewhere else and you just missed out on my hard earned money. Now introduce the fairness act!

purebred

The marketplace fairness act was put in place by local retailers to get us back into their stores. The argument is internet stores have an unfair advantage by not charging sales taxes resulting in lower purchase price that retailers cannot compete with. Besides blaming your government like we always do these days point your finger at your neighbor. If shoppers had some tact and didn't shout off at the mouth inside of a business how they are going to go online and save money on sales tax this possibly wouldn't be an issue. But we love to tell a business owner how we can find something cheaper somewhere else and you just missed out on my hard earned money. Now introduce the fairness act!
It's called "free market". The consumer is always going to go for the business offering the best quality product and services at the lowest price. It's nothing too punish the consumer over. But then again, a free market does not exist in America.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In all honesty, even if the taxes pass I doubt your local store will still be competitive to the internet. In addition, this only will drive me to shop less at a local store, far less than I used too only to stick it back at them. In the past Ive thought whats a few more bucks anyways to shop local, that will change.

Jcweinsx

Awards
this will be a nightmare for online retailers because they will have to file and remit taxes in 1,000s of different tax districts. I have to deal with sales tax in my professional life. WA state has a different rate in every major city because there are state, county and city taxes rolled into the rate that the consumer pays. Each county and city is allowed to set different rates. So you pay 8.4% in Vancouver and 30 miles away the rate is 8%. What a disaster. I don't think this will pass because of the tax compliance issues it would case for online sellers. I'm pretty confident the online sellers like Amazon have more lobbying money than your local retailers. The real loser is the American tax payer because even though i don't think it will pass Congress will spend a lot of money exploring the issue. I'd rather have that money spent fixing roads, feeding kids, and providing medical care for injured veterans.

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
How much tax?

We pay 10% on everything in Aus and it might go up to 15% after the next election.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How much tax?

We pay 10% on everything in Aus and it might go up to 15% after the next election.
Your getting a 50% increase? Damns that sucks.

They usually dont read the bills when they vote for them here in the US. Voting is based on how much lobby money you throw at the politicians or if your office is being flooded with phone calls.

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Your getting a 50% increase? Damns that sucks.

They usually dont read the bills when they vote for them here in the US. Voting is based on how much lobby money you throw at the politicians or if your office is being flooded with phone calls.
Its not a guaranteed increase but our government has created a huge deficit. Some say its the only way they can make the money back.
Our national budget gets released tomorrow, i'll guess we'll find out how screwed we are then.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
this will be a nightmare for online retailers because they will have to file and remit taxes in 1,000s of different tax districts. I have to deal with sales tax in my professional life. WA state has a different rate in every major city because there are state, county and city taxes rolled into the rate that the consumer pays. Each county and city is allowed to set different rates. So you pay 8.4% in Vancouver and 30 miles away the rate is 8%. What a disaster. I don't think this will pass because of the tax compliance issues it would case for online sellers. I'm pretty confident the online sellers like Amazon have more lobbying money than your local retailers. The real loser is the American tax payer because even though i don't think it will pass Congress will spend a lot of money exploring the issue. I'd rather have that money spent fixing roads, feeding kids, and providing medical care for injured veterans.

I'm pretty sure how much lobby money on libe retailers have isn't going to help much in this case, think where the tax money goes and you will have your answer.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
In addition, this only will drive me to shop less at a local store, far less than I used too only to stick it back at them. In the past Ive thought whats a few more bucks anyways to shop local, that will change.
you really didn't think that one out did you, not supporting your local economy is not a good idea.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you really didn't think that one out did you, not supporting your local economy is not a good idea.
I have to support wallet first above all, thats my #1 priority over worrying about my local economy.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is supporting your wallet first
I save thousands every year shopping online (plus save alot of gas money.) Local stores need to modernize and expand into the global market or be left behind.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I save thousands every year shopping online (plus save alot of gas money.) Local stores need to modernize and expand into the global market or be left behind.
Your missing the point.