4-ad into PENATRATE

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
i did my buddy a favor and ordered him some 1-test and 4-ad because he knows he **** about lifting, training, and dieting, but knows nothing about computers or the internet

anyway the 1-test and 4-ad arrived along with the penatrating gel and i decided to be a sweetheart and mix them up for him since i was mixing up nolva for myself anyway
i got 10 grams of 1-test into one of the bottles of PENATRATE no problem
i tried adding 10 grams of 4-ad to a DIFFERENT bottle of penatrate, and i've been shaking the hell out of it, given it several heatbaths and i CANNOT get it to dissolve completely, there looks to be at least 3 grams left, any advice?

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Heat and stir....but even then, supersaturated solutions are unstable, so it'll probably come back out...I can't believe 10g of 4AD is this much trouble for 8oz of PENETRATE....

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
I'll let you guys know. I've got four bottles coming and I'm putting 4-ad in them.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
i can't believe it either! especially given how easily the 1-test went in ... i can't figure out what the hell is going on

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established
Have you tried some type of agitator, like a ball bearing?

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
no, that's a good idea, i'll try to find something to put in there with it

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
4AD is known for this. It has a very tough time dissolving in large amounts. Test base is the same way. Sometimes you have to literally stick a toothbrush in there to break up the large clumps then heat repeatedly.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
oh pinning is not a problem for me in the slightest :)
i'm doing a non-computer saavy friend a favor and decided to be extra nice by mixing it for him

TUCKER

Awards
my 4ad went in easy with smashing it thin, but the formastane wont dissolve for the life of me, plus the damn thing leaks like a bitch..i shake and **** spills out everywhere!!! i wonder if it would be better to use a sprayer so it wont leak everywhere..i've prolly wasted a days worth of 4ad, 7keto and formastane...:mad:b ut if i use a sprayer top instead of what is given with this bottle, how would i figure out how many sprays i would need to do?

edit: since the penetrate is 8oz it would be 240 mls correct?

Last edited:

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
bump for more help, i tried adding a penny (couldn't find a marble or ball bearing) and tried using a toothbrush to smash the 4-ad up more
still can't get it all dissolved, there is still a decent amount undissolved

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
bump for more help, i tried adding a penny (couldn't find a marble or ball bearing) and tried using a toothbrush to smash the 4-ad up more
still can't get it all dissolved, there is still a decent amount undissolved
did you try the hot water bath????

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
oh pinning is not a problem for me in the slightest :)
Well...i've still got my IM cherry, so I was just kiddin' around anyway :D
i'm doing a non-computer saavy friend a favor and decided to be extra nice by mixing it for him
That's nice of you....but, like the old saying goes "give a man a fish and you've fed him for a night. teach a man to fish and you've fed him for a lifetime." Or, my interpretation put into context of the subject.....it's 2005 (nearly). Make his lazy ass learn how to use a damn computer! :D

speakle

DONT F$*# WITH MY NUTS!
Awards
Go to your nearest toy store and buy some marbles. I saw someone say that they dumped it into a bowl and microwaved it (dont know if this is a good idea though).

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do not microwave. You just have to keep using a VERY hot water bath and do it slowly. If it doesn't all go in then he probably gave you more than 10g to begin with.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
yeah i've tried hot water baths, i dumped it all in at once since the 1-test went in so quickly and easily
i guess i'll just keep trying

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
He may either have to invest in more penetrate or some DMSO....

dg806

dg806

Awards
  • Established
I would think 12 g should go in. I've gotten 12 g in T-gel before without too much trouble. Just a little heat and shaking. But this is different, so we'll see.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
As Tucker stated breaking the 4ad up or chopping it into very fine powder works well along with heating it using a glass bottle to reach higher temps.

Bobo it's funny that you mention Test Base. I got 10g in 4oz of Penetrate with the greatest of ease. I would put my life on the line that I could get 15g in 4oz (half the bottle) with no probs. Maybe I should start my own biz up, Mixing powders for people everyone seems to have so much trouble LOL

I guess once you master winny it's all down hill from there :cool:

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
As Tucker stated breaking the 4ad up or chopping it into very fine powder works well along with heating it using a glass bottle to reach higher temps.
sadly, this info could have helped me yesterday
lol, its too late to chop it up now i'm just gonna keep on at it, its had numerous LONG HOT HOT HOT water baths and i've shook and shook until i can't shook no more .... :blink:

got keep on keepin' on

TUCKER

Awards
the penatrate is 236 mLs not 240 ml correct?

so for 400mgs a serving i need 8.5 mls?

Sophomore

Awards
ive also had immense trouble getting my 4-ad into my penetrate. I tried to cram 20 grams into it because i heard it was easily possible. My 20 grams of 1-test went in easily. I put about a quarter tablespoon of 4-ad into my heated penetrate in a glass beaker and it wouldnt even dissolve after 10 minutes of mixing. I just poured all the rest in and hope it would settle itself out. Well after 8 heat-baths, mixing on high speed in my blender, and marbles, theres a huge clump of 4-ad on the bottom of my penetrate bottle that reaches about 1/4 way up the bottle.

pjsallday

Awards
You guys are making me nervous. I just got my penetrate and I am hoping to put 6 of test and 9 of 4ad. I hope it goes well. Looks like I am going back to the old days and choping up powder for a couple of hours. :twisted:

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
my advice is definitely cut up the powder first and put it in slowly after you've heated it, a little at a time
that probably would have kept me from this predicament

the 1-test should go in no problem, i got 10 grams in the other bottle in like 10 minutes

Sophomore

Awards
is there anything i can do to fix it or is it too late?

mass_builder

Awards
  • Established
try mix the 4-ad / 1-gel bottles, one with 1-t may dissolve some of 4-ad

R6Speed

Board Supporter
Awards
Well, I just finished making my trans. I got 10g 4AD and 10g 1-test in to one bottle. There are still is few particles that are floating around, nothing major, going to try another hot water bath to get those into solution. I am glad I read this thread about breaking up the powder, made it much easier. What I did was first made sure the powder was as fine as I could get it. Heated the penetrate in a water bath, hot but so hot that I could not hold it. Then dumped 2g in at a time, shaking for about 1 min after each addition.

Now I just have to get the 151 MDHT solution to dissolve, I did not break up the powder before making that. Multiple hot water baths and its still fighting me.

R6Speed

Board Supporter
Awards
I originally tried for 20mg/ml but could not get it to dissolve so I ended up with right around 15mg/ml. Had I cut the powder before making the solution I don't think 20mg/ml would have been much of a problem.

pjsallday

Awards
I'm glad I read this too. I am going to get my scale on tuesday so I will let ya know how it goes.

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
I have a two speed hand mixer lying around the house. Would this help get the 4-AD into solution a bit easier? I'm just weighing my options for mixing up the 4-AD. I was going to go with 15g in 240ml and 10g 1-Test 120ml.

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yes! I would recommend choping up the 4-AD as fine as possible, and cooking up 3 grams at a time. Just drop the powder into the hot solution and taking the mixer and go to town!

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
I have a ghetto thunderstick mixer that i had at school before I bought a blender and now it's just lying around the house and I figure I might as well use it.

Stryder, on the cutting of 4-AD... I know you mean cleaving the powder finer than it is, but how would you go about that? mortar and pestle? or something simpler?

pjsallday

Awards
I just use a card like my drivers license.Its hard to explain, but I cut 15 grams of powder to flour in like 15 minutes. It just takes practice.

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I just use a razor blade and chop it up into fine powder, just make sure no one sees you...they might get the wrong idea--LOL!

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
I just use a razor blade and chop it up into fine powder, just make sure no one sees you...they might get the wrong idea--LOL!
See, that's the thing...I still live with my parents, but will be using the 4-AD at school. I was just wondering if there might be a less conspicuous way. They freaked when my CEE came in (mom got me pretty good with that, saying she flushed my "cocaine" :icon_lol: ). The mortar and pestle they might be more keen on. But I'll see how it goes...:thumbsup:

pjsallday

Awards
This is not good guys. The 6 grams of test went in fine and the first 3 grams of 4ad went in now the next set of 3 grams is just sitting at the bottom of the bottle staring at me. This after numerous hot baths and cutting all my powder up. Better yet is there anything I can add to it to disolve it. So what is the main ingredient in penetrate that soaks up the powder?

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Did you just shake the bottle when adding the 4-AD? Your best bet is to use a mixer or marbles to break up the 4-AD. It's the mixing that breaks it up to help it dissolve better than just shaking in the bottle.

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
See, that's the thing...I still live with my parents, but will be using the 4-AD at school. I was just wondering if there might be a less conspicuous way. They freaked when my CEE came in (mom got me pretty good with that, saying she flushed my "cocaine" :icon_lol: ). The mortar and pestle they might be more keen on. But I'll see how it goes...:thumbsup:
LOL...yeah in that case it may be best to go with the mortar and pestle!

pjsallday

Awards
I did I actually put it in a beaker like recomended and mixed it with a mixer. Now another problem is I am down to like 7 oz. My guess is that the alcohol dissolved. What can I do. Stryder I also sent you an email if you would please respond. thanx

pjsallday

Awards
Can I just add some everclear to make up for the ??alcohol??(if that is what I lost) lost?

dg806

dg806

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to try 12g 4/ad tonight and see how it works.

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Can I just add some everclear to make up for the ??alcohol??(if that is what I lost) lost?
I'm not sure in regards to everclear as a substititute but if you left the Penetrate in the beaker for an extended amount of time in the heat than yes it was the alcohol that evaporated.

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm going to try 12g 4/ad tonight and see how it works.
Remember use small amounts of powder at a time, chop the powder up real fine, and use something to stir up the powder vigorously when pouring the 4-AD into the heated contents or marbles to shake it up with...let us know the outcome.

Redeemer

Awards
Recently I got greedy with the Penetrate. I have never mixed up a transdermal before, and just put the whole 15g into the bottle, shook, and all was well. But when I added the 10g of 1 test it just clumped and sank like a pebble. I feel like an ass for not doing a search on "clump" before proceeding. Well, off to get a marble and make a hot bath.

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
25 grams of powder is pushing it for the dermal. The most I've heard was 20...hope you can get the 1-Test to dissolve. Keep us informed of the outcome.

Redeemer

Awards
Update

I took a 3 cup measuring cup of water and microwaved for 8 minutes. water was 207 degrees F. Put the container of penetrate with my additives into the bath and let it sit for 30 minutes with the pump/cap on. My reasoning was that the pressure and heat together would enhnce solubility. The bad news is that the bottom bowed and the bottle will never stand up straight again. In addition, since the liquid expanded from the heat, I lost a few ml when I opened to stir. The good news is that all it took was a few minutes stirring with a chopstick to disolve it all. It has completely disolved and nothing has fallen out. It has only been a few hours though so we will see.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 13