My Penetrate Crashed

donk

Awards
Well today my order came 10g 1-test 10g 4ad and one bottle of penetrate.
I split it into 2 four ounce containers. The 1-test went in fine. I then tried to make
the 4ad I got 5g in fine then when i tried to get the 2nd 5 in and it crashed. I tried heating it
up a couple of times no good. Then I got a stupid idea and heated both containers up and
mixed them well that did no good.

So how can I recover my bottle. What could I add to fix it? Or should I order another bottle
to mix in, if that would help. If I cannot fix it I will still try to use anyways.

Cosmo

Awards
add dmso if you have it... if not isopropyl myristrate or even isoprop alchohol would work

GettinSwole

Awards
It says it holds 15g of powder in the first place... you shouldn't have tried to cram 20 in there lol

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
From my experience, 4-AD is a real pain to dissolve. I've done searches here and found a post from Chemo stating to use marbles or bearings. Simply put a few into the container and shake well. Then strain the marbles out or use a magnet and work the bearings out. The agitation from the marbles and the shaking breaks up and mixes the powder better...from what I hear.

Also, I've read some would leave it alone and the next day it would dissolve...go figure :think:

Strateg0s

Awards
  • Established
Ah, one of the many uses of a magnetic stirring hotplate

Buc4Life04

Awards
  • Established
Thought about that i need to swipe one out of class w/ a flask or beaker. Dont think UofH would care. :?

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
I really think 15 g is max unless you have a plate with a mixer. Just pouring the powder in a bottle and shaking, 4/ad is a pain. 1-test is better to mix.

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I really think 15 g is max unless you have a plate with a mixer. Just pouring the powder in a bottle and shaking, 4/ad is a pain. 1-test is better to mix.
Ain't that the truth!

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
I'm almost tempted to buy some 4ad powder to see what I can do with it. 4ad is beating you guys up :whip: LOL

Donk how did you heat it up?

diamonddave

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'll be mixing up some 4ad in some penetrate in a couple of weeks, but I think I'll be doing 15g into 8oz. I'll post if I have any problems with that. Are you just having a little fallout gathering at the bottom? Or is it a major fallout?

dd

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
dd, make sure you put in small amounts of 4-AD at a time...it definetly takes patience when homebrewing 4-AD trans.

Also from doing some reading here, the proper mixing is what dissolves the powder more so than the heat--suprised to read that--so break out the marbles.

One thing I would also suggest doing is maybe taking the powder and chopping it up real fine before cooking it up. I noticed the 1-Test powder is very fine and fluffy whereas the 4-AD is a little harder and grainier.

Good luck!

diamonddave

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'll use all of those tips and report back when I mix it. My last time I used 2 bottles of t-gel and measured out 10g of 4ad (same batch) for each. One mixed very easily and was very smooth. The other (again same batch of powder & mixed at the same time) never did get all the way dissolved. It stayed a little gritty. I couldn't get it to dissolve properly so I just applied a little extra when using that batch to make up for the powder that I was missing out on. Since I'm not going over 15g/8oz, I hope it all goes smooth. Thanks.

dd

TUCKER

Awards
any word on if the Penetrate abrorbs well like tgel or the dermabolics carrier?

donk

Awards
The 4ad has a lot of fallout. I boiled water took off heat put jar in let sit for 5min. added 5grams 4ad scooped it out a little at a time. Put lid back on jar got the water boiling again. took off heat let sit 5 min. added rest. This is my 1st time useing or making transdermal. I am gonna add some dmso to it and the ball bearings to break up the clumps.

Anyways I already started using it. I will just have to redo my calculations when I add the dmso. I shake the hell out of it draw out 4ml with a oral syringe and appy. It goes good I see little chunks floating the syringe I smear it and it dries fast with no residue though an hour later I have itched my arm then rubbed my eye and it will burn like hell.

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
...an hour later I have itched my arm then rubbed my eye and it will burn like hell.
Yeah, it's best to apply it to an area that you will have very little contact with since it does stay on the applied area for up to a couple days; maybe apply it on the tops of your feet or on your hamstrings, etc...

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
The 4ad has a lot of fallout. I boiled water took off heat put jar in let sit for 5min. added 5grams 4ad scooped it out a little at a time. Put lid back on jar got the water boiling again. took off heat let sit 5 min. added rest. This is my 1st time useing or making transdermal. I am gonna add some dmso to it and the ball bearings to break up the clumps.

Anyways I already started using it. I will just have to redo my calculations when I add the dmso. I shake the hell out of it draw out 4ml with a oral syringe and appy. It goes good I see little chunks floating the syringe I smear it and it dries fast with no residue though an hour later I have itched my arm then rubbed my eye and it will burn like hell.
Sounds good, my bold base was real gritty in the Tgel and it still worked just fine. And yes watch the eyes. LOL