Exclusive Protein Sale: Secret Coupon Inside!

Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. Registered User
    houstontexas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,212
    Rep Power
    181609

    It may just be me, but this kind of thing pisses me off. Makes me want to contact them and bitch about how they are messing up my macros and my money. "Don't play with my money Smokey!!"

  2. Board Supporter
    Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,667
    Rep Power
    136022

    Quote Originally Posted by houstontexas View Post
    It may just be me, but this kind of thing pisses me off. Makes me want to contact them and bitch about how they are messing up my macros and my money. "Don't play with my money Smokey!!"
    Honestly, that is why I posted it. The discrepancy is quite big.

    It says there are 60 x 38g(2280g total) servings. At 60-62g servings, there is only 36-38 servings.
  3. Registered User
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,184
    Rep Power
    3734502

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds
    Honestly, that is why I posted it. The discrepancy is quite big.

    It says there are 60 x 38g(2280g total) servings. At 60-62g servings, there is only 36-38 servings.
    How packed was the scoop that you weighed? Maybe shaking the tub in an attempt to "fluff it up" would help the scoop accuracy. I doubt it would make up the difference you're seeing though.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
    •   
       

  4. Board Supporter
    Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,667
    Rep Power
    136022

    Quote Originally Posted by breezy11

    How packed was the scoop that you weighed? Maybe shaking the tub in an attempt to "fluff it up" would help the scoop accuracy. I doubt it would make up the difference you're seeing though.
    No more packed than any other scoop of protein I've ever scooped. Heh.

    I just repeated it with chocolate after "fluffing" it and gently scooping and got 60g.
  5. Registered User
    houstontexas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,212
    Rep Power
    181609

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    No more packed than any other scoop of protein I've ever scooped. Heh.

    I just repeated it with chocolate after "fluffing" it and gently scooping and got 60g.
    I just used 2 scoops of MGN and weighed it to see what happened. 1 scoop is labeled at 29.7g and my scoop came out to 36 grams. I didn't do any "fluffing" or whatever tricks you guys might use. I just scooped it flat and poured it in.

    These next comparisons are just b/c I'm bored lol.

    MGN gives me 1.2x the labeled amounts per scoop based on this test.
    120 cal to 144 cal
    3g fat to 3.6g fat
    3g carbs to 3.6g carbs
    22g protein to 26.4g protein

    Ultimate Flurry gives me 1.6x the labeled amounts per scoop.
    170 cal to 272 cal
    5g fat to 8g fat
    6g carbs to 9.6g carbs
    25g protein to 40g protein

    That is a huge increase in calories and macros as far as Ultimate Flurry is concerned if you track them and are actually shooting for certain #'s. At least now I know that I need to weigh out my powder every time. Thanks Frank!!
  6. Registered User
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northeastern United States
    Posts
    15,475
    Rep Power
    4173039

    Quote Originally Posted by houstontexas View Post
    I just used 2 scoops of MGN and weighed it to see what happened. 1 scoop is labeled at 29.7g and my scoop came out to 36 grams. I didn't do any "fluffing" or whatever tricks you guys might use. I just scooped it flat and poured it in.

    These next comparisons are just b/c I'm bored lol.

    MGN gives me 1.2x the labeled amounts per scoop based on this test.
    120 cal to 144 cal
    3g fat to 3.6g fat
    3g carbs to 3.6g carbs
    22g protein to 26.4g protein

    Ultimate Flurry gives me 1.6x the labeled amounts per scoop.
    170 cal to 272 cal
    5g fat to 8g fat
    6g carbs to 9.6g carbs
    25g protein to 40g protein

    That is a huge increase in calories and macros as far as Ultimate Flurry is concerned if you track them and are actually shooting for certain #'s. At least now I know that I need to weigh out my powder every time. Thanks Frank!!

    Seriously, you're gonna weigh out your protein every time now?. This isn't a stab at you or anything, but that's just anal as hell.
  7. Registered User
    Geoforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,876
    Rep Power
    1188909

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Seriously, you're gonna weigh out your protein every time now?. This isn't a stab at you or anything, but that's just anal as hell.
    It is pretty anal, but no denying the scoop discrepancy is pretty damn huge, especially when you factor in the fact that many people are going to take anywhere from 2-3 "servings" a day. You're looking at over 300 "extra" calories a day. Hardly an insignificant amount if someone is trying to cut or bulk.
    EvoMuse Products Rep

    PM me with any questions!
  8. Board Supporter
    Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,667
    Rep Power
    136022

    I always weigh protein for some reason..hah Think it is just force of habit. I just put my cup on the scale when I make a shake. It's really no extra effort. The cup is either going to be sitting on the counter or scale.
  9. Registered User
    Geoforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,876
    Rep Power
    1188909

    Yeah I don't really see that adding a bunch of extra time even though I don't do it. I'm just glad you guys figured this one out. I usually take about 3 "servings" of protein powder a day and we are talking about an extra 2100 calories with this discrepancy in a week for me. That's a pretty huge amount to be figuring wrong. Especially knowing that I would eat "extra" thinking I was a bit low off my calories mark which makes it even more off.
    EvoMuse Products Rep

    PM me with any questions!
  10. Registered User
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northeastern United States
    Posts
    15,475
    Rep Power
    4173039

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoforce View Post
    It is pretty anal, but no denying the scoop discrepancy is pretty damn huge, especially when you factor in the fact that many people are going to take anywhere from 2-3 "servings" a day. You're looking at over 300 "extra" calories a day. Hardly an insignificant amount if someone is trying to cut or bulk.

    300 extra calories really isn't going to be that significant either way. Anyway if you've got 10 pounds of this stuff and are drinking it everyday I'm sure you'll adjust fine. In the grand scheme of things it is fairly insignificant. I weigh some stuff out, like pre-workouts I weigh out sometimes, but that is because of the strong stimulants included and if that's all messed up...Totally different story and outcome than if your protein powder is off by a few carbs or calories. Oh and I weigh all my food also, just not protein powder. I don't drink very much protein powder anyway. One-Two servings a day, but not everyday either. Usually only one serving to mix my creatine in post workout.


    Edited and such.
  11. Registered User
    houstontexas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,212
    Rep Power
    181609

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Seriously, you're gonna weigh out your protein every time now?. This isn't a stab at you or anything, but that's just anal as hell.
    I'm pretty anal about counting calories man. I'm going for certain ballpark numbers every day and something like this could really throw me off. I follow LG for the most part and have lower cal and higher cal days and like to be on point vs just hoping I get it right.

    I weigh everything pretty much already. I have a scale in my kitchen and a scale at my desk at work if you really wanna know how important I feel it is for me. If I add dextrose to a shake I weigh that 20g. I weigh my chicken, meat, vegetables, coconut oil, etc. I never just think "oh that looks about right". I can do that pretty well, but I'd like to be more precise.

    In the end the better control I have over the long term will yield me better results.
  12. Registered User
    houstontexas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,212
    Rep Power
    181609

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    300 extra calories really isn't going to be that significant either way. Anyway if you've got 10 pounds of this stuff and are drinking it everyday I'm sure you'll adjust fine. In the grand scheme of things it is fairly insignificant.
    I think 300 calories on a cut is pretty significant for someone who has specific plans to reach a goal.
  13. Board Supporter
    Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,667
    Rep Power
    136022

    Quote Originally Posted by houstontexas View Post
    I think 300 calories on a cut is pretty significant for someone who has specific plans to reach a goal.
    Especially if you are eating say 1500 calories on a low day.

    Macros aside, going through protein almost 40% quicker is crazy. Tbone, you are pretty frugal, you should understand that.lol
  14. Registered User
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northeastern United States
    Posts
    15,475
    Rep Power
    4173039

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    Especially if you are eating say 1500 calories on a low day.

    Macros aside, going through protein almost 40% quicker is crazy. Tbone, you are pretty frugal, you should understand that.lol
    Yes I understand why you guys are upset but I think this kind of thing is quite common with protein powders. Seriously I doubt any are exact with the measurements/weights of the powders. I might even venture to say that it may vary from batch to batch. Now I'm just waiting for one of you to weigh out the entire jug and see if it is exactly five pounds!.
  15. Board Supporter
    Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,667
    Rep Power
    136022

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Yes I understand why you guys are upset but I think this kind of thing is quite common with protein powders. Seriously I doubt any are exact with the measurements/weights of the powders. I might even venture to say that it may vary from batch to batch. Now I'm just waiting for one of you to weigh out the entire jug and see if it is exactly five pounds!.
    lol.. I won't go that far.

    And they are off, that is for sure, but I have never seen one even remotely close to this margin. It is clear they are using a scoop that is far too big.

    Good way to get people to buy more protein though..
  16. Registered User
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northeastern United States
    Posts
    15,475
    Rep Power
    4173039

    Besides I'd rather be ignorant about it, instead of weighing it out and making myself crazy about it. Like they say, ignorance is bliss.
  17. Registered User
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northeastern United States
    Posts
    15,475
    Rep Power
    4173039

    What flavors are you talking about?. Maybe they don't count the cookie pieces in the cookie lovers, and just the powder...Did you separate the cookie pieces first before weighing out the protein?.
  18. Registered User
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northeastern United States
    Posts
    15,475
    Rep Power
    4173039

    Sorry...I just had to!
  19. Registered User
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northeastern United States
    Posts
    15,475
    Rep Power
    4173039

    Remember to always wash your hands guys!


  20. Board Supporter
    Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,667
    Rep Power
    136022

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    What flavors are you talking about?. Maybe they don't count the cookie pieces in the cookie lovers, and just the powder...Did you separate the cookie pieces first before weighing out the protein?.
    Of course I separated them. That goes without saying.
  21. Registered User
    Geoforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,876
    Rep Power
    1188909

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    300 extra calories really isn't going to be that significant either way. Anyway if you've got 10 pounds of this stuff and are drinking it everyday I'm sure you'll adjust fine. In the grand scheme of things it is fairly insignificant. I weigh some stuff out, like pre-workouts I weigh out sometimes, but that is because of the strong stimulants included and if that's all messed up...Totally different story and outcome than if your protein powder is off by a few carbs or calories. Oh and I weigh all my food also, just not protein powder. I don't drink very much protein powder anyway. One-Two servings a day, but not everyday either. Usually only one serving to mix my creatine in post workout.


    Edited and such.
    Mmm, agree to disagree I'd say 300 calories is pretty dang significant especially like houston said if aiming for a low number on a cut. Over time that could really add up. If it was 50 calories personally I'd say that's pretty unimportant, but 300 is quite a bit for a day.
    EvoMuse Products Rep

    PM me with any questions!
  22. Registered User
    Sourdough's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  212 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,137
    Rep Power
    198479

    considering i have an extremely tight supplement budget this is a HUGE problem. I didn't pull the trigger on some no name brand for 10lbs of flavoring or wasted protein in too big a scoop...

    So the real question is, is it really 38g a serving or is it a rounded scoop a serving?

    Either way it's annoying.

    NP cust service.... can we get a definitive answer to this issue from the manufacturer please?

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Am.com
    iForceHemavol=He-man?-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/187487-hemavol-heman-doughs.htmlCompound 20 Beta log-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/185396-molding-dough-compound.html
  23. Board Supporter
    Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,667
    Rep Power
    136022

    Quote Originally Posted by Sourdough View Post
    considering i have an extremely tight supplement budget this is a HUGE problem. I didn't pull the trigger on some no name brand for 10lbs of flavoring or wasted protein in too big a scoop...

    So the real question is, is it really 38g a serving or is it a rounded scoop a serving?

    Either way it's annoying.

    NP cust service.... can we get a definitive answer to this issue from the manufacturer please?

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Am.com
    It says there are 60 servings. There is no way there is 60servings with a rounded scoop, at least not that scoop.lol

    I hate to be a "conspiracy theorist" but it is almost like this is done on purpose.

    It says to mix a rounded scoop into 14-16oz of liquid. That is A LOT of liquid for one serving of protein, even with a 38g serving size. Most are 4-8oz.

    If you mix a weighed 38g into 14-16oz of liquid it is beyond bland, and super thin. A full rounded scoop will give you a much more "typical" shake. It is probably why people are complaining about how thick it is. They are probably mixing a scoop into an amount of liquid they normally use. 38g should probably be mixed in 6-8oz.
  24. Registered User
    houstontexas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,212
    Rep Power
    181609

    Quote Originally Posted by Sourdough View Post
    considering i have an extremely tight supplement budget this is a HUGE problem. I didn't pull the trigger on some no name brand for 10lbs of flavoring or wasted protein in too big a scoop...

    So the real question is, is it really 38g a serving or is it a rounded scoop a serving?

    Either way it's annoying.

    NP cust service.... can we get a definitive answer to this issue from the manufacturer please?

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Am.com
    I would like some definitive answers as well.
  25. Registered User
    Sean1332's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11,020
    Rep Power
    2242790

    I second that ^
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  26. Registered User
    Geoforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,876
    Rep Power
    1188909

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    I second that ^
    Agreed!
    EvoMuse Products Rep

    PM me with any questions!
  27. Registered User
    Geoforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,876
    Rep Power
    1188909

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    Just over half, maybe?
    From now on I'm going to use just over a half per serving as per this suggestion.
    EvoMuse Products Rep

    PM me with any questions!
  28. Registered User
    jswain34's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,046
    Rep Power
    452979

    Same here
    Current Unsponsored XGELS log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/238229-jswains-run-xgels.html
  29. NP Supplement Pimp
    Board Sponsor
    NutraPlanet CS's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,060
    Rep Power
    136885

    Fellas, even though we did not produce the protein, nor make the label claims, we do apologize for this discrepancy. But, if the issue is use 1/2 of a scoop, I'd say use 1/2 the scoop. I feel they possibly weighed out the protein, before the candy pieces or something, IDK. The owner of this place started/sold ABB to Optimum, he knows his stuff I'd say, but I do understand how this could throw off the calories/macros. So, maybe they need to go with 1/2 sized scoops then. I'll pass on the info, but there is NOTHING wrong with the protein. I'd just use 1/2, if that is your preference in the mean time. Thanks for your attention to this matter, as well as patience and support!
  30. Registered User
    Legacykid's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    326
    Rep Power
    10346

    so is it still half a scoop in 14 oz water or half that as well?

    I wondered the other day while drinking there was no way it was 170 cals, i was half full
  31. Board Supporter
    Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,667
    Rep Power
    136022

    Quote Originally Posted by Legacykid View Post
    so is it still half a scoop in 14 oz water or half that as well?

    I wondered the other day while drinking there was no way it was 170 cals, i was half full
    No, I would use 6-8oz of liquid for a 38g serving.

    I would probably fill it up to that line inside the scoop, or slightly under.
    Last edited by Frank Reynolds; 11-05-2012 at 10:55 PM.
  32. NP Supplement Pimp
    Board Sponsor
    NutraPlanet CS's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,060
    Rep Power
    136885

    If the worst problem/complaint is that the scoop is too big, well then, I'd say it must be pretty good protein. Simple solution, use 1/2 a scoop, or get extra muscle feeding goodness, the choice is yours.

    I will however point this out to the manufacturer when I next speak with them.
  33. NP Supplement Pimp
    Board Sponsor
    NutraPlanet CS's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,060
    Rep Power
    136885

    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    Yes, it says a "rounded" scoop is 38g. I put a flat scoop and dumped in 38g, and still had half a scoop left..lol

    Edit....

    Thanks for the feedback. I changed it around on the supp facts to kill some confusion.

    Ultimate Flurry Supplement Facts

    Serving Size: (38 grams)
    ***(1/2 Scoop = 31 grams)
    Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
    Calories 170
    Calories from Fat 45
    Total Fat 5g 8%
    Saturated Fat 1g 5%
    Cholesterol 45mg 15%
    Sodium 170mg 6%
    Potassium 210mg 6%
    Total Carbohydrates 6g 2%
    Dietary Fiber 0.5g 2%
    Sugars 1g
    Protein 25g 50%
    Vitamin A 1%
    Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium 11%
    Iron 9%
    * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
    ** Percent Daily Values not established.
    ***As Per Measurement by Scale.
    OTHER INGREDIENTS: FMS Protein Blend: (Cross-flow Full Spectrum Whey Protein Concentrate [Providing Di-Tri-Oligo and Polypeptides which are the short and long chains of amino acids], Ultra Pure Hydrolyzed Protein Isolate, Micellar Casein), M&M'sŪ (Milk Chocolate [Sugar, Chocolate, Cocoa Butter, Skim Milk, Milkfat, Lactose, Soy Lecithin, Salt, Artificial Flavors], Sugar, Cornstarch, Less than 1% Corn Syrup, Gum Acacia, Coloring [Red 40 Lake, Yellow 6, Yellow 5, Blue 2 Lake, Red 40, Blue 1 Lake, Blue 1, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake], Dextrin), Cocoa Powder, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Maltodextrin, Xanthan Gum, Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs), Sodium Chloride, Acesulfame Potassium and Sucralose.
    Store in a cool, dry place.
    Supplement Facts for Chocolate Lovers flavor.
  34. Registered User
    niners4reggie's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  173 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    South Dakota
    Age
    42
    Posts
    6,130
    Rep Power
    3592139

    Sounds like good stuff to me!
    Life's a garden, dig it
  35. NP Supplement Pimp
    Board Sponsor
    NutraPlanet CS's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,060
    Rep Power
    136885

    Man it's great. I am not sure why people have ever complained about the taste (most say it's delicious!). A couple of complaints came in on the vanilla. Therefore, we popped one open and gave that flavor a whirl....one I had yet to try. I will say, while I can't vouch it's the best tasting I've ever had, it was very very good! I guess some people are more picky with protein than others, IDK. But, I will say this too, I have never seen ANY protein that EVERYONE liked. I have even heard people claim that Ultra Peptide 2.0 is gross....I laughed my a$$ off!!
  36. Registered User
    houstontexas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,212
    Rep Power
    181609

    I've been wanting to try UP 2.0 but I bought so much of this deal I'm all protein'd out...
  37. Registered User
    wesg49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    108

    So a 1/2 scoop is 25g protein and full scoop roughly 50?? Just curious as I saw it back on nutra planet and am interested
  38. Registered User
    jswain34's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,046
    Rep Power
    452979

    There's a line in the scooper that is the 25g serving. A full scoop would probably closer to like a serving + a third. So maybe 32-35 ish grams of protein.
    Current Unsponsored XGELS log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/238229-jswains-run-xgels.html
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Memorial Day Sale Coupon Inside!
    By stryder in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 06-01-2010, 06:52 PM
  2. Massive NutraPlanet Protein Sale & More!
    By stryder in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 08-04-2009, 01:48 PM
  3. $23.99 ATW Protein Sale: Part 3!!! Now Live!!!
    By Steveoph in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 05-20-2009, 11:10 PM
  4. $23.99 ATW Protein Sale: Part 3!!! Now Live!!!
    By Steveoph in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-12-2009, 06:12 PM
  5. BSN Lean Desert Protein SALE!!!
    By stryder in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-02-2006, 08:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in