Exclusive Protein Sale: Secret Coupon Inside!

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Sourdough View Post
    My question is there is a soy allergy warning on the container yet nothing soy mentioned in the ingredients... what's up?

It's not saying possible cross contamination like it says for peanuts but straight up
    that it contains soy???

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Am.com
    Please do not quote me on this, but I THINK that is b/c they too produce other products with Soy. It doesn't contain soy, but in case of a rare fluke occurrence where the slightest soy got in there and gave someone an allergic reaction....well, you know what I mean.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332

nice post dude..I was worried about the vanilla. I've tried vanilla muscle milk, Costco muscle milk, ON, and another and they all sucked. I had isolyze vanilla which was good but no one sells it.
    I was worried, thanks bud

I'm stuck at work till tomorrow. I don't think my package delivered because of the storm
    I seem to have enjoyed it more than the other guy that tried the vanilla. To specify, I mixed 1 scoop of the vanilla with 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk and filled the rest up with water. Tomorrow I will try it with plain old water and see, although 9 times out of 10 ill continue to drink it with the almond milk.
    Training log:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/267913-jswains-training-log.html
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by jswain34 View Post
    I seem to have enjoyed it more than the other guy that tried the vanilla. To specify, I mixed 1 scoop of the vanilla with 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk and filled the rest up with water. Tomorrow I will try it with plain old water and see, although 9 times out of 10 ill continue to drink it with the almond milk.
    That sounds amazing! Almond milk is SO good! I like it in my cereal too at times.

4. I'm trying to order three tubs but my order won't take. The code was accepted but it won't process my CC. I've tried two different CC's but it's giving me the same error. Time is running out!

5. Just received mine they don't have a plastic seal on the outside..anyone else?
    •   

6. no plastic seal
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

7. I got ten pounds of the cookie lovers as chocolate was sadly sold out at the time of the order.

It definitely mixes thicker than most other shakes. I don't think the cookie lovers tastes particularly well but it isn't bad. For the price I was going to be satisfied unless it was absolutely disgusting and it's not....just wish I could have tried chocolate at this price!
    EvoMuse Products Rep

PM me with any questions!

8. Anyone notice how ridiculously off the serving size of one scoop actually is compared to label claims?

9. Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    Anyone notice how ridiculously off the serving size of one scoop actually is compared to label claims?
    Are you talking about the weight in grams? I noticed that scooper is humongous and I couldn't figure out how there can be so many servings when each scoop looks as though it's just taken 1/4 of the jug lol.

10. Quote Originally Posted by houstontexas View Post
    Are you talking about the weight in grams? I noticed that scooper is humongous and I couldn't figure out how there can be so many servings when each scoop looks as though it's just taken 1/4 of the jug lol.
    Yes, it says a "rounded" scoop is 38g. I put a flat scoop and dumped in 38g, and still had half a scoop left..lol

Edit....

Last edited by Frank Reynolds; 11-03-2012 at 02:16 PM.

11. So how much of a scoop is a serving size? I'm away from my protein...weird!
    EvoMuse Products Rep

12. Quote Originally Posted by Geoforce View Post
    So how much of a scoop is a serving size? I'm away from my protein...weird!
    Just over half, maybe?

13. Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    Just over half, maybe?
    Much appreciated Frank. Really annoying when companies don't get the whole scoop thing right, but at least we have you to fix their problems!
    EvoMuse Products Rep

14. damn my calorie countin has been way off then! oh well, lil extra protein never hurt. at least I can get my correct servings out of the tub now
    [email protected]

15. I've noticed this is a problem across the board. I want to take a flat scoop and get exactly what the label says. End of story it should be just that easy. I've taken double servings a few times this week it seems by not measuring it. Thanks protein jerks!

16. So 1 scoop whole is really roughly 40 g prot instead of the 25 as the label claims? Damn...been wasting prot for like a week, that ain't cool.
    Training log:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/267913-jswains-training-log.html

17. Also if they can't get the scoop right how can we trust that the rest of the label is honest?

18. Quote Originally Posted by jswain34
    So 1 scoop whole is really roughly 40 g prot instead of the 25 as the label claims? Damn...been wasting prot for like a week, that ain't cool.
    not wasiting if you're gettin swole!!!
    [email protected]

19. Quote Originally Posted by Geoforce View Post
    Much appreciated Frank. Really annoying when companies don't get the whole scoop thing right, but at least we have you to fix their problems!
    NP. I weigh everything for this reason..lol That is a big discrepancy though. I mean if people are using a rounded scoop like they suggest on the container, they will go through the tub in about half the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    not wasiting if you're gettin swole!!!
    I mix all my protein in 1cup of pasteurized egg whites, so TBH I just want the xx amount from the powder.

20. I have that same scale at home!!

21. It may just be me, but this kind of thing pisses me off. Makes me want to contact them and bitch about how they are messing up my macros and my money. "Don't play with my money Smokey!!"

22. Quote Originally Posted by houstontexas View Post
    It may just be me, but this kind of thing pisses me off. Makes me want to contact them and bitch about how they are messing up my macros and my money. "Don't play with my money Smokey!!"
    Honestly, that is why I posted it. The discrepancy is quite big.

It says there are 60 x 38g(2280g total) servings. At 60-62g servings, there is only 36-38 servings.

23. Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds
    Honestly, that is why I posted it. The discrepancy is quite big.

It says there are 60 x 38g(2280g total) servings. At 60-62g servings, there is only 36-38 servings.
    How packed was the scoop that you weighed? Maybe shaking the tub in an attempt to "fluff it up" would help the scoop accuracy. I doubt it would make up the difference you're seeing though.
    PEScience Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

24. Quote Originally Posted by breezy11

How packed was the scoop that you weighed? Maybe shaking the tub in an attempt to "fluff it up" would help the scoop accuracy. I doubt it would make up the difference you're seeing though.
    No more packed than any other scoop of protein I've ever scooped. Heh.

I just repeated it with chocolate after "fluffing" it and gently scooping and got 60g.

25. Quote Originally Posted by Frank Reynolds View Post
    No more packed than any other scoop of protein I've ever scooped. Heh.

I just repeated it with chocolate after "fluffing" it and gently scooping and got 60g.
    I just used 2 scoops of MGN and weighed it to see what happened. 1 scoop is labeled at 29.7g and my scoop came out to 36 grams. I didn't do any "fluffing" or whatever tricks you guys might use. I just scooped it flat and poured it in.

These next comparisons are just b/c I'm bored lol.

MGN gives me 1.2x the labeled amounts per scoop based on this test.
    120 cal to 144 cal
    3g fat to 3.6g fat
    3g carbs to 3.6g carbs
    22g protein to 26.4g protein

Ultimate Flurry gives me 1.6x the labeled amounts per scoop.
    170 cal to 272 cal
    5g fat to 8g fat
    6g carbs to 9.6g carbs
    25g protein to 40g protein

That is a huge increase in calories and macros as far as Ultimate Flurry is concerned if you track them and are actually shooting for certain #'s. At least now I know that I need to weigh out my powder every time. Thanks Frank!!

26. Quote Originally Posted by houstontexas View Post
    I just used 2 scoops of MGN and weighed it to see what happened. 1 scoop is labeled at 29.7g and my scoop came out to 36 grams. I didn't do any "fluffing" or whatever tricks you guys might use. I just scooped it flat and poured it in.

These next comparisons are just b/c I'm bored lol.

MGN gives me 1.2x the labeled amounts per scoop based on this test.
    120 cal to 144 cal
    3g fat to 3.6g fat
    3g carbs to 3.6g carbs
    22g protein to 26.4g protein

Ultimate Flurry gives me 1.6x the labeled amounts per scoop.
    170 cal to 272 cal
    5g fat to 8g fat
    6g carbs to 9.6g carbs
    25g protein to 40g protein

That is a huge increase in calories and macros as far as Ultimate Flurry is concerned if you track them and are actually shooting for certain #'s. At least now I know that I need to weigh out my powder every time. Thanks Frank!!

Seriously, you're gonna weigh out your protein every time now?. This isn't a stab at you or anything, but that's just anal as hell.

27. Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Seriously, you're gonna weigh out your protein every time now?. This isn't a stab at you or anything, but that's just anal as hell.
    It is pretty anal, but no denying the scoop discrepancy is pretty damn huge, especially when you factor in the fact that many people are going to take anywhere from 2-3 "servings" a day. You're looking at over 300 "extra" calories a day. Hardly an insignificant amount if someone is trying to cut or bulk.
    EvoMuse Products Rep

28. I always weigh protein for some reason..hah Think it is just force of habit. I just put my cup on the scale when I make a shake. It's really no extra effort. The cup is either going to be sitting on the counter or scale.

29. Yeah I don't really see that adding a bunch of extra time even though I don't do it. I'm just glad you guys figured this one out. I usually take about 3 "servings" of protein powder a day and we are talking about an extra 2100 calories with this discrepancy in a week for me. That's a pretty huge amount to be figuring wrong. Especially knowing that I would eat "extra" thinking I was a bit low off my calories mark which makes it even more off.
    EvoMuse Products Rep

30. Quote Originally Posted by Geoforce View Post
    It is pretty anal, but no denying the scoop discrepancy is pretty damn huge, especially when you factor in the fact that many people are going to take anywhere from 2-3 "servings" a day. You're looking at over 300 "extra" calories a day. Hardly an insignificant amount if someone is trying to cut or bulk.

300 extra calories really isn't going to be that significant either way. Anyway if you've got 10 pounds of this stuff and are drinking it everyday I'm sure you'll adjust fine. In the grand scheme of things it is fairly insignificant. I weigh some stuff out, like pre-workouts I weigh out sometimes, but that is because of the strong stimulants included and if that's all messed up...Totally different story and outcome than if your protein powder is off by a few carbs or calories. Oh and I weigh all my food also, just not protein powder. I don't drink very much protein powder anyway. One-Two servings a day, but not everyday either. Usually only one serving to mix my creatine in post workout.

Edited and such.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Memorial Day Sale Coupon Inside!
    By stryder in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 06-01-2010, 08:52 PM
  2. Massive NutraPlanet Protein Sale & More!
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 08-04-2009, 03:48 PM
  3. $23.99 ATW Protein Sale: Part 3!!! Now Live!!!
    By Steveoph in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 05-21-2009, 01:10 AM
  4. $23.99 ATW Protein Sale: Part 3!!! Now Live!!!
    By Steveoph in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-12-2009, 08:12 PM
  5. BSN Lean Desert Protein SALE!!!
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-02-2006, 10:13 PM