Unfair product ratings

sidoious

sidoious

Banned
Awards
  • Established
One of the things I've been noticing lately is that every time a new product is listed in the store, someone has already given it 1 star out of 5; even before it has been shipped and presumably consumed for a period of time that an accurate determination could be made regarding its effectiveness. Case in point: Muscletech's Neurocore. I'm not shilling for Muscletech; I just want to know who has a vendetta against Nutraplanet bringing ANY product to the market that they feel they have to sabotage companies before their products reach consumers? Wondering if Nutra has any way of logging customers' reviews, or if this is a violation of privacy. Neurocore is not the first product I have seen this happen to.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Happens to every product unfortunately. We listed AnaBeta on Nutraplanet for 2 days before we even sold it and it had 21 votes, with tons of 1 star ratings. Haters just hate I guess.

The correction would be to only allow people who have bought the product to be allowed to rate. Like on eBay, you cant leave feedback until youve done a transaction

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Happens to every product unfortunately. We listed AnaBeta on Nutraplanet for 2 days before we even sold it and it had 21 votes, with tons of 1 star ratings. Haters just hate I guess.

The correction would be to only allow people who have bought the product to be allowed to rate. Like on eBay, you cant leave feedback until youve done a transaction
If I'm not mistaken I believe amazon runs something similar. Rating only after purchase would cut down on a lot of this.

K

knightowl

Awards
If I'm not mistaken I believe amazon runs something similar. Rating only after purchase would cut down on a lot of this.
how about at the very least, you can't rate if you don't leave a 160 letter minimum review to explain your rating?

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
I like that idea. It's very unforunate for somebody new into supplements who is looking for advice. The current rating system is very poor.

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
I like that idea. It's very unforunate for somebody new into supplements who is looking for advice. The current rating system is very poor.
Very poor indeed, what about the products that have just come out and have a 5 star rating?? My girl always goes by the ratings, I get on the boards, I have started watching the reviewers and can spot the shills spotting the vendettas is another thing, Since its Muscletech I am claiming no foul on that one, Their claims are so outrageous that my brother and I often joke about them at work like if Muscletech marketed bottled water it's be like Musclewater rehydrates 500000% better than regular water lol

All kidding aside the ratings are hit or miss for real info you need to research it yourself and hit the boards

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Same with the Androseries. Unfortunately it happens and there is nothing we can do about it.

Eizbear

Eizbear

Awards
  • Established
Well rating over all pretty much sucks here in Sweden as well.. People can give a product a low voting cause they don't like the taste, even if the product is solid as hell! Also, they give it either 5 stars or 1 star and pop a question on the product as well...

Having a rating system that allows you to only rate it after you bought the product would certainly help out a lot..

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey all,
I'm liking the discussion. We have toyed with the idea in the past of restricting who can vote/reviews products. We had decided to let anyone review a product since people can legitimately try the product with it bought somewhere else. We have a bit of a tradeoff in # of votes vs only legitimate reviews. In the end we left it open and don't remove anything except for very inappropriate reviews.

I urge you guys to try reading the written reviews and also checking on the forums to get the best opinions. Search for threads, and if you're stuck you can always start a thread or ask someone in the know, like a rep :)

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Steveo in the house.

Steve you need to fix this asap!!! In all seriousness though, I'm sure something can be worked out in the system to were it only allows customers who purchased the product the ability to actually leave a product. Something like an automatic email server that sends and invite and/or reminder to review the products would help a ton.

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
Steveo in the house.

Steve you need to fix this asap!!! In all seriousness though, I'm sure something can be worked out in the system to were it only allows customers who purchased the product the ability to actually leave a product. Something like an automatic email server that sends and invite and/or reminder to review the products would help a ton.
Outstanding Idea!!!

natas9

natas9

Awards
Nah...

I hope none of these ideas so far come to bear.

If a guy has tried a product before and has something to say about it, I want to hear it. I don't care that he may not have bought it at the planet. This idea of purchaser rating exclusivity has a serious downside in that it automatically excludes possibly a lot of feedback that could be helpful. The fact they bought it at NP doesn't make their opinion any more valid. I get annoyed by haters and shills as much as anyone, but this idea of making everything so 'fair' for everyone really just ends up leaving out people who could have some valuable input.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmmm, I wonder if there's a way to have a little icon next to reviews from people that have purchased the product in question from Nutraplanet...
I like it

U

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hope none of these ideas so far come to bear.

If a guy has tried a product before and has something to say about it, I want to hear it. I don't care that he may not have bought it at the planet. This idea of purchaser rating exclusivity has a serious downside in that it automatically excludes possibly a lot of feedback that could be helpful. The fact they bought it at NP doesn't make their opinion any more valid. I get annoyed by haters and shills as much as anyone, but this idea of making everything so 'fair' for everyone really just ends up leaving out people who could have some valuable input.
What percentage of reviews are real at this point?

We release a product and the rating system at key sites are used against us.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hmmm, I wonder if there's a way to have a little icon next to reviews from people that have purchased the product in question from Nutraplanet...
I like this idea so far the best. It still allows people who may have bought from another store to voice their opinion. Yet lets others know to take the review at their own risk(which to be honest they should anyway).

WarcraftJJS

WarcraftJJS

Awards
  • Established
I know that the website newegg.com has it weather the person purchased the product from them or not. I'm sure some how you could link weather they bought the product from Nutraplanet or somewhere else.

I agree it is kinda dumb when you look at a product from a solid company and you have one 5 star and one 1 star review. Most of the time I know what I'm buying but when a new product comes out, I don't believe to may people have tried it out that would give it a bad review at that time.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
unfortunately, it happens to all companies products. even the reverse situation happens. reps will give 5 star ratings for a crappy product. makes me mad but it is what it is.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
I am not going to lie before I read some of the logs on this site the reviews of the androseries deterred me from looking into them or buying them. After reading the logs here I am going to give andromass a run for sure. I think the best way to do a review system is to have the person giving a vote out of 5 stars and REQUIRING him/her to justify their rating and explain the situation in which they ran the product...diet, training, etc. and if the MODS see that the description is full of crap or that the review is not legit because no description was given they should not allow the rating to be posted. These reviews seriously do affect what products people decide to purchase.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
EpiStrong Apex Alchemy 6
Prince Company Promotions 2
Prince IronMag Labs 0
Jbryfit1 Supplements 30
toughchick401 General Chat 6