Beta Alanine?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.07%

Beta Alanine?

Do you know when you will be getting more beta alanine in stock?

Need to pick some up soon and would prefer to go through you guys...

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.38%

Quote Originally Posted by N.Woods Giant View Post
    Do you know when you will be getting more beta alanine in stock?

Need to pick some up soon and would prefer to go through you guys...
    Curious on this as well. I think even the SNS line is out also.
    It's hard to get along with people. As much as you try to like them and accept them as individuals, it becomes difficult because they keep getting out of line and wasting your time. Henry Rollins
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.8%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I am waiting on a kilo to be in stock. bump- any idea when NP?
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.07%

I too am waiting for the beta alanine.

Any idea when it will be back NP?
  5. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.04%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

There are still lingering effects form a world-wide shortage of beta-alanine.

What was available, was contaminated with radiation and/or heavy metals and literally 5 times the cost of what it normally is.

Production will not catch back up for perhaps another month or so, and we are exploring other avenues including buying the CarnoSyn branded material in the interim, but that is in short supply as well.
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.8%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I actually ordered the last SNS beta alanine NP had in stock just now and hope that it is good.

when was this containmentation issues found out?

who caught this containmentation issue?
    Follow me on facebook, twitter and youtube, where I share information and videos to help you achieve your physique goals, John Smeton Ftness
  7. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.52%

Quote Originally Posted by John Smeton View Post
    I actually ordered the last SNS beta alanine NP had in stock just now and hope that it is good.

when was this containmentation issues found out?

who caught this containmentation issue?
    Our Beta-Alanine is still in stock at NP, and we have plenty in the warehouse to keep you all covered for quite some time. As with all of our products, the raws have been tested for both quality and purity. You won't be going wrong with SNS Beta-Alanine
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
    Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time
    antihero [@] SeriousNutritionSolutions.com
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.19%

Anyone look into betaine as an alternative to beta alanine?
  9. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.52%

Quote Originally Posted by RawStrength View Post
    Anyone look into betaine as an alternative to beta alanine?
    Apples to oranges.
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.8%

Quote Originally Posted by antihero View Post
    Our Beta-Alanine is still in stock at NP, and we have plenty in the warehouse to keep you all covered for quite some time. As with all of our products, the raws have been tested for both quality and purity. You won't be going wrong with SNS Beta-Alanine
    it actually said I got the last bottle on the Nutraplanet site

good to hear what you said.
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.19%

Quote Originally Posted by antihero View Post
    Apples to oranges.
    You take beta alanine mainly for strength and endurance correct?

Take a look at betaine ( I know they are different but I was merely suggesting an alternative)

A recent study from the University of Connecticut (Storrs) discovered that trained men who took betaine for two weeks had a 25% greater increase in bench strength and a 15% increase in bench press power than those who took a placebo.
    J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2010 Jul 19;7(1):27. [Epub ahead of print]
    Ergogenic effects of betaine supplementation on strength and power performance.
    Lee EC, Maresh CM, Kraemer WJ, Yamamoto LM, Hatfield DL, Bailey BL, Armstrong LE, Volek JS, McDermott BP, Craig SA.
    Abstract

ABSTRACT: BACKGROUND: We investigated the ergogenic effects of betaine (B) supplementation on strength and power performance. Methods: Twelve men (mean SD age, 21 3 yr; mass, 79.1 10.7 kg) with a minimum of 3 months resistance training completed two 14-day experimental trials separated by a 14-day washout period, in a balanced, randomized, double-blind, repeated measures, crossover design. Prior to and following 14 days of twice daily B or placebo (P) supplementation, subjects completed two consecutive days (D1 and D2) of a standardized high intensity strength/power resistance exercise challenge (REC). Performance included bench, squat, and jump tests. Results: Following 14-days of B supplementation, D1 and D2 bench throw power (1779 90 and 1788 +/- 34 W, respectively) and isometric bench press force (2922 297 and 2503 +/- 28 N, respectively) were increased (p < 0.05) during REC compared to pre-supplementation values (1534 +/- 30 and 1498 +/- 29 W, respectively; 2345 +/- 64 and 2423 +/-84 N, respectively) and corresponding P values (1374 +/- 128 and 1523 +/- 39 W; 2175 +/- 92 and 2128 +/- 56 N, respectively). Compared to pre-supplementation, vertical jump power and isometric squat force increased (p < 0.05) on D1 and D2 following B supplementation. However, there were no differences in jump squat power or the number of bench press or squat repetitions. Conclusion: B supplementation increased power, force and maintenance of these measures in selected performance measures, and these were more apparent in the smaller upper-body muscle groups.
    J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2009 Feb 27;6:7.
    Effect of betaine supplementation on power performance and fatigue.
    Hoffman JR, Ratamess NA, Kang J, Rashti SL, Faigenbaum AD.
    Department of Health and Exercise Science, The College of New Jersey, PO Box 7718, Ewing, New Jersey 08628, USA.
    Abstract

ABSTRACT: BACKGROUND: The purpose of this study was to examine the efficacy of 15 days of betaine supplementation on muscle endurance, power performance and rate of fatigue in active college-aged men. METHODS: Twenty-four male subjects were randomly assigned to one of two groups. The first group (BET; 20.4 +/- 1.3 years; height: 176.8 +/- 6.6 cm; body mass: 77.8 +/- 13.4 kg) consumed the supplement daily, and the second group (PL; 21.4 +/- 4.7 years; height: 181.3 +/- 5.9 cm; body mass: 83.3 +/- 5.2 kg) consumed a placebo. Subjects were tested prior to the onset of supplementation (T1) and 7 (T2) and 14 days (T3) following supplementation. Each testing period occurred over a 2-day period. During day one of testing subjects performed a vertical jump power (VJP) and a bench press throw (BPT) power test. In addition, subjects were required to perform as many repetitions as possible with 75% of their 1-RM in both the squat and bench press exercises. Both peak and mean power was assessed on each repetition. On day two of testing subjects performed two 30-sec Wingate anaerobic power tests (WAnT), each test separated by a 5-min active rest. RESULTS: No differences were seen at T2 or T3 in the repetitions performed to exhaustion or in the number of repetitions performed at 90% of both peak and mean power between the groups in the bench press exercise. The number of repetitions performed in the squat exercise for BET was significantly greater (p < 0.05) than that seen for PL at T2. The number of repetitions performed at 90% or greater of peak power in the squat exercise was significantly greater for BET at both T2 and T3 than PL. No differences in any power assessment (VJP, BPT, WAnT) was seen between the groups CONCLUSION: Two-weeks of betaine supplementation in active, college males appeared to improve muscle endurance of the squat exercise, and increase the quality of repetitions performed.
    Check these out for some more info on betaine

edit: I cant post links
  12. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.52%

Quote Originally Posted by RawStrength View Post
    You take beta alanine mainly for strength and endurance correct?

Take a look at betaine ( I know they are different but I was merely suggesting an alternative)

Check these out for some more info on betaine

edit: I cant post links
    If you're looking into alternatives, than it's an option. My statement was in relation to how they function in the body, not the end effect on increasing endurance.

But you can also go with Magnesium Creatine Chelate, Creatinol-o-Phosphate, and a couple other stand-alone ingredients.

But if you want Beta-Alanine, you don't need to find alternatives since we've got plenty.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Beta-Alanine
    By zombiemuscle in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-30-2010, 08:31 PM
  2. beta alanine
    By allstar504448 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-13-2009, 10:10 PM