NP Blender Bottle issue

jcalvert86

Awards
  • Established
I'm assuming the NP branded bottles are manufactured at the same place as the original Blender Bottle shakers?

I can't be the only one that's been having an issue.. it seems the black plastic tops are prone to seperating (cracking) just above the threads. I'm not sure if this is because they get washed in a dishwasher or what, but I'll post a couple pics later this evening as I've had two bottles do it in the last two days.

Rozman

Awards
I have several Blender Bottles that are several years old that get washed in the dishwasher at least twice a week and none of the lids have cracked! Do the NP bottles have "Blender Bottle" on the bottom? All of mine...even the iSatori MORPH one I got free at the Europa Supershow has Blender Bottle and blenderbottle.com stamped on the bottom. As I said, some are 4-5 years old and never had a lid crack.

jcalvert86

Awards
  • Established
I have several Blender Bottles that are several years old that get washed in the dishwasher at least twice a week and none of the lids have cracked! Do the NP bottles have "Blender Bottle" on the bottom? All of mine...even the iSatori MORPH one I got free at the Europa Supershow has Blender Bottle and blenderbottle.com stamped on the bottom. As I said, some are 4-5 years old and never had a lid crack.
That's part of the reason I'm mentioning this.. I've got atleast 6 bottles (half blender branded half nutra) some of which are a year or so old and have only had 2 of the Nutra ones crack... they aren't being over tightened or anything like that so i'm not really sure what's causing it

jcalvert86

Awards
  • Established
This cap was not like this at 3pm today when i put it on for my post workout shake on the way to work... it's been in my car untouched and I go out for lunch to find it with a seperating cap. It's not heat.. it's barely 70 degrees here today.

obvious

obvious

Awards
This cap was not like this at 3pm today when i put it on for my post workout shake on the way to work... it's been in my car untouched and I go out for lunch to find it with a seperating cap. It's not heat.. it's barely 70 degrees here today.

OOH can I join this club??

Seriously though what shaker cups aren't ****ing crap. I go through 4-5 of these things a year easy

jcalvert86

Awards
  • Established
OOH can I join this club??

Seriously though what shaker cups aren't ****ing crap. I go through 4-5 of these things a year easy

I wouldn't mind buying 4-5 new ones a year... but I'm very annoyed because I have 3 bottles and no caps lol, going to add a couple to my AnaBeta order and hope for the best :)

Rozman

Awards
Do you wash the lids on the bottom or top rack of the dishwasher? I wash the cups on the bottom rack and the lids on the top and as I said have never had a lid crack.

obvious

obvious

Awards
I don't use a dishwasher, and I really only rinse my cups. Soap here and there

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmmm hard to say what's going on. I've had probably 8 different blender bottles, mostly from NP over the years. They get replaced when they get lost, but I've never had a lid crack on me ever. I always hand-washed them but it says they're dishwasher safe.

jcalvert86

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm hard to say what's going on. I've had probably 8 different blender bottles, mostly from NP over the years. They get replaced when they get lost, but I've never had a lid crack on me ever. I always hand-washed them but it says they're dishwasher safe.
Can we remedy this issue in some way?

FWIW I've got 2 of the original blender bottles sold by NP (the blue cap and purple cap ones branded Blender Bottle on the side of the bottle) and I've had them for about 2 years with no problem. I've had about 6 of the NP branded with black caps and have had 3 break within a year. I'm not sure if it makes a difference but it seems the old style had a smaller/thicker lid, it certainly won't fit on the newer NP bottles.

I don't mind replacing them yearly but constantly ordering $6 bottles is a hassle.. some I've only had for a few months.

Colbert

Colbert

Awards
My lid cracked on me too. All my blender bottles are starting to lick which really is starting to piss me off. Somebody keeps wanting to help me so they keep putting my bottles in the dish washer, SIGH*

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Can we remedy this issue in some way?

FWIW I've got 2 of the original blender bottles sold by NP (the blue cap and purple cap ones branded Blender Bottle on the side of the bottle) and I've had them for about 2 years with no problem. I've had about 6 of the NP branded with black caps and have had 3 break within a year. I'm not sure if it makes a difference but it seems the old style had a smaller/thicker lid, it certainly won't fit on the newer NP bottles.

I don't mind replacing them yearly but constantly ordering $6 bottles is a hassle.. some I've only had for a few months.
I have had one of these for 10+ years, and another for 6+ years, and they work like the day they were new. I never even use my blender bottle, because for me it doesn't even compare.

http://turboshaker.com/