Shipping to Canada.

sluggy

sluggy

Banned
Awards
  • Established
How do you guys manage to jack up the shipping rates to Canada as well as you do?

40$ for 1-2 week shipping? Who are you kidding.
I can guarantee that the rate is no more than 50% of that from USPS.

Your deals and specials are just a scam to get the money back on shipping.

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Wow

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How do you guys manage to jack up the shipping rates to Canada as well as you do?

I am sorry you feel that way but I am sure that if you looked at other shipping threads you would see you are over reacting.

sluggy

sluggy

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I am sorry you feel that way but I am sure that if you looked at other shipping threads you would see you are over reacting.
I'm not "over reacting." I've been gouged for shipping ordering online from the US, granted. But you are without a doubt the most expensive company I've EVER ordered from.

I'd love to see an "explanation" as to why you're ripping us off to this extreme. Jokers..

When you select a "shipping speed" you aren't told what carrier it's going with, and you can't choose one unless you email directly and request it specifically. This is how I know it's a scam. Obvious rape is obvious.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Again, please feel free to take a look at the variety of other threads where Sam gives a detailed explanation on this on several occasions. Please note that there is no intent to "gouge" anyone.

fasttimes

Awards
I'm with you sluggy, I bought direct from iforce last order, shipping was half of nutraplanet, read , discuss here buy somewhere else. I'm sure Canada is small potatoes anyway.

sluggy

sluggy

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm with you sluggy, I bought direct from iforce last order, shipping was half of nutraplanet, read , discuss here buy somewhere else. I'm sure Canada is small potatoes anyway.
I'm sure Canada is a small market for them.. Largely because of their prohibitive shipping rates.

I guarantee with you buying direct from iforce they didn't rape you with shipping.

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
I just placed am order with NP. Shipping was UPS $30, 4-6 days delivery. Fedex was same price I believe.

sluggy

sluggy

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I just placed am order with NP. Shipping was UPS $30, 4-6 days delivery. Fedex was same price I believe.
That's a trick since it doesn't say who the carrier is -- ever.

Also you're okay with that? Your tiny order is 30$ shipping? Rather than 50% of that which it actually costs? Good luck.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey sluggy,

As a fellow Canadian, I completely understand where you're coming from. The shippping prices seem (and are) ridiculous. As nricciar, our web guy, mentioned in this other thread, we used to offer FedEx Ground which was a bit cheaper but had so many problems with customers refusing packages we had to drop that method.

I know a cheaper way is flat-rate boxes from USPS. I've mentioned this before in the past, and there was a problem with implementing this. I can't remember the exact reason so I'll shoot Sam an email and try and get this explained.

At the end of the day, we honestly don't make any money on shipping. You can call in to discuss shipping options/providers at any time if you have questions; the toll free # works from Canada.

nricciar

nricciar

Board Sponsor
Awards
I'm not "over reacting." I've been gouged for shipping ordering online from the US, granted. But you are without a doubt the most expensive company I've EVER ordered from.

I'd love to see an "explanation" as to why you're ripping us off to this extreme. Jokers..

When you select a "shipping speed" you aren't told what carrier it's going with, and you can't choose one unless you email directly and request it specifically. This is how I know it's a scam. Obvious rape is obvious.
Just as an example if I were to checkout with one oxyelite pro (2lb package (product weight rounded up to the nearest pound + 1lb for box and packing material)) and ship it to Canada the rate I get back for International Shipping (1-2 weeks) is $23.75. Now how does our system calculate this rate. Well lets look at the raw shipping rates returned from FedEx and USPS...

-- [1..1] FedEx International Priority -- $25.62
-- [2..2] FedEx International Economy -- $24.21
-- [5..7] USPS Priority Mail International -- $23.75
-- [3..5] USPS Express Mail International (EMS) -- $37.0

All the system has done is found the cheapest option (USPS Priority Mail International) and charged you exactly $0.00 extra.

niCe99

niCe99

Awards
  • Established
slightly higher shipping costs plus payment of tax and duties at the door for Canadians....

i like to be wined and dined first before i get ****ed up the ass.

I feel you guys run a fine business but there are competitors that offer slightly lower shipping prices (or hell, even ridiculously lower prices) accompanied with NO taxes/duties at the door.

I am not complaining...more like giving my opinion. You can argue that i can shop elsewhere (which i do) BUT if the shipping at nutraplanet were much improved to Canadians (or slightly improved by somehow eliminating the fear of paying taxes/dutes at the door), I feel (and know) that you guys would have a lot more customers in the form of canucks.

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
nice99, first and foremost I want to thank you for stating your opinion in a more professional and mature manner than the previous poster...

It helps when people state their concerns with details rather than ranting on in generalities, because that doesn't give us anything to work with to improve. If someone wants to bitch, so be it...but I'm not going to take them or their complaint seriously.

Now when someone complains that we are doubling our shipping charge, that is completely false and untrue. We DO NOT pad our shipping rates...as nricciar stated, we charge EXACTLY what the rates come back from our couriers.

Yes, there are cheaper shipping options out there such as FedEx ground to Canada, but that bridge was burnt when customers in Canada neglected to pay the duties and taxes and we were hit with large bills at the end of the month. So when other companies charge ground rates and it's compared with our air rates, it will look inflated. NOTE: CURRENTLY WE ONLY SHIP AIR TO CANADA.

We have been working with FedEx and also exploring other options to reinstate ground to Canada which will offer rock bottom rates compared to air delivery, but duties and taxes are still the responsibility of the customer (this is common practice with most if not all other retailers).

We appreciate all our international customers and are always working on ways to improve our service for you...but there is a way to handle complaints that are constructive and helpful rather than complaining for the sake of complaining.

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Here is a direct shipping comparison going to the exact address in Quebec, Canada for 1 bottle of OxyElite Pro:

BB.com

1 bottle of OxyElite Pro going to Quebec, Canada
Priority (1-4 business days): $62.52
Economy (3-7 business days): $57.33
Super Saver (8-20 business days): $9.26

NutraPlanet

1 bottle of OxyElite Pro going to Quebec, Canada (exact same address)
International Shipping (2-4 days): $25.45
International Shipping (4-7 days): $24.95
International Shipping (1-2 weeks): $22.20

Other notes to mention: Our slowest option also provides trackability while competitors does not. Our slowest option is really more like 4-8 days (we believe in under-promising and over-delivering in the event of customs delays). Not to mention our price on OEP is significantly cheaper. Overall our slowest shipping option for $22.20 is the same delivery speed as the competitors charge of $57.33.

Attached are the screen shots for the skeptics...

Attachments

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

Remind Nutra to include some Tampax samples in your next order. That should help offset shipping costs.

niCe99

niCe99

Awards
  • Established
Hi Stryder,

I do appreciate the response. I was unaware about the Fedex ground situation. It sucks that a small amount of Canadians refuse to pay the duties/taxes. HOWEVER, I am under the impression that Fedex will simply not give over the package unless fees were paid by the consumer. Does Fedex simply ship the package back to you guys which would result in payment for the taxes/duties?

I think it is safe to say that BB.com would potentially get more customers with their "SUPER SAVER" shipping option regardless of the higher prices of products. Although comparison between the two shipping options where the packaged is promised to be delivered to the customer at the same range ($57.33 vs $24.95) shows that your option is significantly cheaper, I can safely say that MOST Canadians do not mind waiting perhaps a few more days if it means they can save a lot more money in the form of shipping costs.

I am glad that you guys are aware of the situation and are trying to improve it and if the this situation is dealt with where both Nutraplanet and the Canadian Customers can benefit, I will make 95% of my purchases in the form of supplements from you guys.

nricciar

nricciar

Board Sponsor
Awards
Hi Stryder,

I do appreciate the response. I was unaware about the Fedex ground situation. It sucks that a small amount of Canadians refuse to pay the duties/taxes. HOWEVER, I am under the impression that Fedex will simply not give over the package unless fees were paid by the consumer. Does Fedex simply ship the package back to you guys which would result in payment for the taxes/duties?

FedEx actually handles this differently for Ground packages. FedEx will hold Express packages until duties/taxes are paid, but with Ground shipments they do not hold the package they just leave a bill with the package. If the customer does not pay it FedEx turns around and gives the bill to us.

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I've got a follow-up meeting with a shipping solutions representative to get ground transit in place for Canada...hopefully this will result in some significant savings for our Canadian customers!

Will keep you guys posted :thumbsup:

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've got a follow-up meeting with a shipping solutions representative to get ground transit in place for Canada...hopefully this will result in some significant savings for our Canadian customers!

I hope we still have the choice of fast shipping, I don't like paying a lot for shipping, but at the end of the day ordering from Nutra is still cheaper then other supplement stores.

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
No worries Tommy, we'll still have 3 options total with faster service, just going to have the economical service a lot cheaper going ground instead of air.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No worries Tommy, we'll still have 3 options total with faster service, just going to have the economical service a lot cheaper going ground instead of air.
Awesome!

Nutra Rocks!

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
Just received my order. $231 plus $30 shipping UPS plus $15 customs brokerage.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thats actually not bad at all
I was thinking the same thing, my second last order was $40 and $60 at the door lol. I'm afriad for the order I have coming, it's my biggest order yet....should be here tomorrow. Damn customs.

Black Hat

Awards
The express option might as well be called 2nd day service, I had it 2 business days later by 4:30 and I'm not in a big city by any means, I find fedex the best, USPS is a complete joke, I waited 3 months for a f**king dropper to clear customs...

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well considering my Nutra order was $423 with heavy stuff $50 for shipping was a hell of a good deal. It ended being $60 at the door but thats customs fault, not Nutraplanets.

Nutra has amazing customer service, if anyone is to blame it's customs!

obvious

obvious

Awards

I PM'd Stryder a couple of days ago about this but no answer. Any update on getting cheaper shipping to Canada?

Thanks!

nricciar

nricciar

Board Sponsor
Awards
I PM'd Stryder a couple of days ago about this but no answer. Any update on getting cheaper shipping to Canada?

Thanks!
As of this morning UPS Standard Ground is now a possible shipping option for Canada customers. This will save anywhere around $1 - $10 in shipping costs for most customers. As pretty much always the discount gets better the heavier the package is.

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hey Obvious, sorry for not responding...no updates until today.

We've implemented ground service to Canada via UPS to provide more economical rates. As nricciar stated, because this is a new courier, the rates are at a lower tiered discount until the volume starts to kick in.

We've tested the rates and found Ontario to be 30% cheaper than our existing comparable rates (other destinations have less discount at this time). We will be working closely with UPS to ensure we get the best rates possible as the volume to Canada grows.

Thanks to all for your patience!

Macc

Awards
If "UPS Ground" is the same as "UPS Standard" service, it should be avoided at all costs for shipments to Canada. This is the one that does not include the brokerage fee in the rate. Also, from some of the posts here, there seems to be some confusion about what a brokerage fee is. All delivery methods and all couriers are required to collect GST (federal tax), PST (provincial sales tax) plus any additional duties or tariffs that apply to some product types (usually stuff made outside of the NAFTA zone has a duty on top of the taxes.) On top of these fees, some couriers charge a brokerage fee, which is a fee for filing the import paperwork with the government.

Anyway, because the brokerage fee is not included, UPS Standard service often ends up being more expensive for smaller shipments.

You can see the brokerage fees for UPS at the following table, and see which methods include the brokerage fee in the service:
UPS: Rates for Customs Clearance into Canada

So, for my typical order of $100-$200, UPS Standard would charge me $29 in brokerage on top of the GST, PST, etc.. I can pretty much guarantee NutraPlanet that they will get the highest level of customer dissatisfaction for orders shipped via UPS Standard.

The only shipping method that has any sort of cost advantage is postal mail, as Canada Post usually does not bother collecting duty or even taxes on small value shipments. (Though I can't recall offhand what the dollar amount is.)

These days, pretty much all other couriers include the brokerage fees in their rates. By the way, the DHL service was awesome.

obvious

obvious

Awards
Hey Macc - just saw this post and wanted to reply as the victims of this foolish move are about to start rolling in. I called UPS today and they made it clear that I'm going to be paying somewhere in the neighborhood of $40 on my package just for the brokerage fee. That's not including duty and taxes.

I sincerely hope that NP changes this immediately and implements some sort of refund for those of us who made these orders on their word that the new shipping rates would be less expensive but slower.

Madevilz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Here is a direct shipping comparison going to the exact address in Quebec, Canada for 1 bottle of OxyElite Pro:

BB.com

1 bottle of OxyElite Pro going to Quebec, Canada
Priority (1-4 business days): $62.52
Economy (3-7 business days): $57.33
Super Saver (8-20 business days): $9.26

NutraPlanet

1 bottle of OxyElite Pro going to Quebec, Canada (exact same address)
International Shipping (2-4 days): $25.45
International Shipping (4-7 days): $24.95
International Shipping (1-2 weeks): $22.20

Other notes to mention: Our slowest option also provides trackability while competitors does not. Our slowest option is really more like 4-8 days (we believe in under-promising and over-delivering in the event of customs delays). Not to mention our price on OEP is significantly cheaper. Overall our slowest shipping option for $22.20 is the same delivery speed as the competitors charge of $57.33.

Attached are the screen shots for the skeptics...
not bitching here, just sharing my experience, but the lowest BB.com shipping takes about 1 week to get to me (Quebec)
I also ordered from Nutraplanet, about 1-2 years ago before the shipping prices got jacked up, and it also took a week.

You guys have great prices, but can't justify ordering with such high shipping rates.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Strong Supplement Shop 2
MA Labs 2
clown007 Olympus Labs 4
Matthew1237 Anabolics 1
Anabolics 6