NP gets a facelift: New Beta Site Needs Your Feedback!!!

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Attention AM Members:

We've been working hard to bring you the dawn of a new PLANET: beta.nutraplanet.com

The new site has a cleaner aesthetic design, faster user interface, and new tools like the NutraPlanet Bulk Powder Lot Look-up.

We're adding tons of new features to make your shopping experience even better than before (stay tuned).

In the meantime, please feel free to explore the new beta site and even checkout with your order. We appreciate any comments regarding usability, bugs, and general feedback.

Thanks guys!

beta.nutraplanet.com

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looks pretty sweet!!!! I like

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Definitely lovin' it!

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Nice and clean, easy to navigate, definitely like it more, just feels better.

A

anabolicRyan1

Awards
  • Established
I love the old site... But I love the new site!

The new site seems more iPad friendly. Huge+

james122

james122

Awards
  • Established
it's awesome, makes me want to order. I love it.

KerplunkDS

KerplunkDS

Awards
Smash branded, nice. I like it a lot, they do great work!

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn...saw you got Revamp product, always wanted to try reset ad. 2 bottles coming. Dam you new nutra!!!!

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
it looks great. Seems a tad easier to navigate

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
it looks great. Seems a tad easier to navigate
It is, somewhat. But yeah, the new look is great. I also like how it doesn't look cheesy (I thought the old site does).

sluggy

sluggy

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Gotta disagree, too much text, too much clutter. The old page is much more effective with product spotlight.

On the positive side it does seem easier to navigate compared to the old categories.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
looks great! Like it a lot better then the current lay out.

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is there still no way to view the entire catalogue and list everything that costs less than 10 dollars... and then end up spending 150 bucks on things I don't need?!!?

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Great suggestions guys...let's see what we can do!

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
So it looks nice on my I pad.

I see you haven't fixed the problem that I cant visit with out ordering something...

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I feel the lines are much cleaner and is easier to navigate. Overall, much cleaner and easier on the eyes. Definitely a professional looking site.

I agree with the removal of dead companies or products that are no longer carried. One thing if it's a temporary thing, but if permanent then it should go.

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Also I'd say fix Anabolic Xtreme -> Athletic Xtreme or whatever they're called now

J

Janimba

Awards
search function needs some fixin typed in carn nothing came up in the search.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
WOW Sam the new site simply looks Awesome ;) the Fire Test is on New Years Sale!

note: maybe can replace the "herb" tab for other category?

C

crazym

Awards
Now that ive spent some more time on the beta, a few suggestions.

The majority of the top tabs pop up to the left, this seems unnatural to me, I expect them to popup directly underneath or perhaps to the right.

Also the titles are confusing, looking for testosterone boosters for example I wouldnt know whether to look under herbs or sports supplements, creatine I wouldave expected under endurance tab and divanex I wouldnt be sure as to whether it would be under bulk or herbs.

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
Like it a lot!!! It's better for getting quickly to products and options. Like an immediate catalogue page. Better for me at least, my connection is slo so If I have less clicking and browsing I'm happy

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

The majority of the top tabs pop up to the left, this seems unnatural to me, I expect them to popup directly underneath or perhaps to the right...
What browser and version are you using?

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I typically use FireFox and the drop boxes are working perfectly, but I was able to see the problem on IE8. Our webmaster is working on fixing this to get the drop boxes to render properly. Thanks for pointing this out crazym!

nricciar

nricciar

Board Sponsor
Awards

The majority of the top tabs pop up to the left, this seems unnatural to me, I expect them to popup directly underneath or perhaps to the right.

Also the titles are confusing, looking for testosterone boosters for example I wouldnt know whether to look under herbs or sports supplements, creatine I wouldave expected under endurance tab and divanex I wouldnt be sure as to whether it would be under bulk or herbs.
The tab behavior should be improved now, you might need to do a shift+reload but it now should now behave much better.

nricciar

nricciar

Board Sponsor
Awards
search function needs some fixin typed in carn nothing came up in the search.
Currently the one drawback with the current search system is its not immediately obvious how to search for a partial word. In the case of your example search "carn" to get what you expect you actually need to search for "carn*".

Also if you only wanted to search product titles instead of titles and descriptions you could search for "title:lean xtreme" for example. Currently you can specify title:, description:, and option_value: the last allowing you to search by flavor for example.... option_value:vanilla returning all products with vanilla in the flavor.

For more detailed information on search options one can use from the search box can be found at http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_4_0/queryparsersyntax.html

I am still working on making these features more obvious and easier to use, but it may take some time.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Site is nice, do yourselves a favor and get an updated clearance section as the same items are always in it and I don't believe they are even that good of deals. Also, it would be nice if you have a pre-sale area for all items on pre-sale so anyone who comes across doesn't miss a good deal who may not be an AM member or generally in the know so to speak.

D

duffmt6

Awards
Am I the only one who isn't seeing the deals that usually scroll in the middle of the screen (firefox, newest version)? It's just blank space.

Also, didn't see a direct link to the forum, but it could just be missing on my page, since it doesn't appear to be displaying correctly.

With that said, looks pretty good!

natas9

natas9

Awards
Not seeing a link to the forum. Am I overlooking it?

J

jacobcoile

Awards
BTW I actually love the new site layout! Looks great.

cbr1000rr

cbr1000rr

Awards
  • Established
i dont like the new site very much imo. homescreen is very clustered (tight looking).

J

jacobcoile

Awards
One thing I miss is the ease with which I could see the NEW PRODUCTS list on the main page on the old setup...