Annoying gimmick.

RexGrandis

RexGrandis

Awards
"Prices Too Low To Show!

You may be wondering why we're hiding the price for this product. Simple...Our price is so low the manufacturer won't let us list it! That's right, in order for us to continue offering this popular item at THE LOWEST PRICE, we can't advertise publicly how cheap it is.

To see our LOWEST price on this hot item, simply click the "Add To Cart" button and it will display the price in your shopping cart. So go ahead and add it now, and see how much you could really be saving at NutraPlanet!"

This is the kind of gimmicky crap I'd expect from USPLabs. That and your price is only $7 cheaper then the regular price on other websites. If you want to have a sale, fine, but none of this gimmicky rubbish.

end rant.

diablosho

diablosho

Awards
  • Established
I will NEVER put something into the shopping cart simply to see if I can afford it! I'll just find a new place to shop. Feels too much like buying a car.

freefall365

freefall365

Awards
  • Established
actually if prices go below what the manufacturer suggests they have to do this...

i wouldn't be complaining, it means if you purchase the product you're getting it probably as cheap as you can from a retailer.

have a look at what Amazon says about this and then stop your crying:

"Retailers like Amazon have the legal right to set their own prices independently, but some manufacturers place restrictions on how those prices may be communicated. Because our price on this item is lower than the manufacturer's "minimum advertised price," the manufacturer does not allow us to show you our price until you take further action, such as placing the item in your shopping cart, or in some cases, proceeding to the final checkout stage. The steps required depend on the details of the manufacturer's minimum advertised price policy. Taking these steps allows Amazon to show you our price consistent with our goal of always offering you the lowest possible prices on the widest selection of products.

This won't require you to purchase the product. You can easily remove it from your cart if you decide not to buy it."

diablosho

diablosho

Awards
  • Established
OR, you can just not play the ****ing game, and buy somewhere else. You mean to tell me that there are NO sites that play that game, and raise the price? No thanks. I love NutraPlanet, and I do almost all of my shopping there, but I just don't want to play games when shopping; It's not worth the hassle. I hate shopping, and like ripping off a bandaid, I want it done as quickly and painlessly as possible.

Would you buy a car that said, "price to low to show, ask inside"? Even if it was, in fact, CHEAPER than MSRP? Probably not. Same thing applies here. And your "stop your crying" comment is an incredibly douchey thing to say, considering this section on the forum is for suggestions/requests to Nutraplanet, which is what this thread is. And seeing as how there are MANY people that feel the way Rex feels, suggesting there may be a significant revenue loss on these products, I'd say it is a valid concern.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
OR, you can just not play the ****ing game, and buy somewhere else. You mean to tell me that there are NO sites that play that game, and raise the price? No thanks. I love NutraPlanet, and I do almost all of my shopping there, but I just don't want to play games when shopping; It's not worth the hassle. I hate shopping, and like ripping off a bandaid, I want it done as quickly and painlessly as possible.

Would you buy a car that said, "price to low to show, ask inside"? Even if it was, in fact, CHEAPER than MSRP? Probably not. Same thing applies here. And your "stop your crying" comment is an incredibly douchey thing to say, considering this section on the forum is for suggestions/requests to Nutraplanet, which is what this thread is. And seeing as how there are MANY people that feel the way Rex feels, suggesting there may be a significant revenue loss on these products, I'd say it is a valid concern.
I appreciate your feedback, and this part of the forum is in fact for suggestions.

I will question your statement that I bolded above, just curious how you cam to that conclusion

diablosho

diablosho

Awards
  • Established
Well, I know my entire family feels this way, and the rest of the population included in the "MANY" people statement were determined based on how many people would say yes to the statement:
"Would you buy a car that said, "price to low to show, ask inside"? Even if it was, in fact, CHEAPER than MSRP?"
seeing as how the concept is the same. So yes, of course I estimated the number of people included in my statement, but no, I don't believe I was very far off.

Look, you can take it as the helpful suggestion that it was, or argue the point, it really doesn't matter to me. I just wanted to second Rex's opinion, in an effort to make Nutra stronger and more competitive. I only want to see Nutra do the best that it can, and I wanted to voice agreement with a suggestion. I will still continue to shop at NP regardless, but will not purchase those items. That's all that was said...That it may be something for you guys to look into.

freefall365

freefall365

Awards
  • Established
what kind of A-hole complains about a retailer selling a product below the cost that the manufacturer wants them to? just sayin... :yikes:

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I received the same email and didn't perceive it that way. In fact the price they had on Maximize is/was a steal.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey everyone...

obviously this is about the Maximize v2 deal going on right now. I didn't understand this type of sale before I got involved with marketing/sales, however it honestly is the ONLY way I can get this product to you for this price.

I handle all sales with NutraPlanet, and am able to give them some amazing pricing due to their huge buying power, and how many awesome customers they have that love iForce Nutrition and other great companies.

Now...why is the sale set up this way?

iForce Nutrition sells to hundreds of different websites/stores, and they are all in a competition to offer our products for the cheapest price possible while still making enough money to pay their bills.

iForce employs MAP(manufacturer advertised pricing) that sets a minimum for what a product can normally be sold at. Maximize v2 has this in place, and it is WELL above the current price.

As a result, if NutraPlanet listed this product for less than our MAP, and it was visible to every other vendor/website on the planet, we would have a lot of angry vendors/websites telling us they need to get the same deal NutraPlanet got(in order to sell it this cheap), however they don't have the buying power that NutraPlanet does.

So...to try to save ourselves 50,000 phonecalls from vendors/websites, we allowed NP to offer this special type of sale so that while the product was sold for WAY too cheap, it was invisible through a google search.

Unfortunately, in the internet world we live in, things like this are necessary if you want a product for 20-30% below the MAP lol.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will NEVER put something into the shopping cart simply to see if I can afford it! I'll just find a new place to shop. Feels too much like buying a car.
Is it really that much effort to click "add to cart"? Its nothing like buying a car, there is no salesman involved, nobody pressuring you to buy, just 1 entire extra mouse click.

suresha

Awards
  • Established
Hey everyone...

obviously this is about the Maximize v2 deal going on right now. I didn't understand this type of sale before I got involved with marketing/sales, however it honestly is the ONLY way I can get this product to you for this price.

I handle all sales with NutraPlanet, and am able to give them some amazing pricing due to their huge buying power, and how many awesome customers they have that love iForce Nutrition and other great companies.

iForce Nutrition sells to hundreds of different websites/stores, and they are all in a competition to offer our products for the cheapest price possible while still making enough money to pay their bills.

iForce employs MAP(manufacturer advertised pricing) that sets a minimum for what a product can normally be sold at. Maximize v2 has this in place, and it is WELL above the current price.

As a result, if NutraPlanet listed this product for less than our MAP, and it was visible to every other vendor/website on the planet, we would have a lot of angry vendors/websites telling us they need to get the same deal NutraPlanet got(in order to sell it this cheap), however they don't have the buying power that NutraPlanet does.

So...to try to save ourselves 50,000 phonecalls from vendors/websites, we allowed NP to offer this special type of sale so that while the product was sold for WAY too cheap, it was invisible through a google search.

Unfortunately, in the internet world we live in, things like this are necessary if you want a product for 20-30% below the MAP lol.
good lookin out Vaughn. haven't gotten around maximize b4, but just might be able to this go round. payday is tonight...Thanks:dance:

diablosho

diablosho

Awards
  • Established
Is it really that much effort to click "add to cart"? Its nothing like buying a car, there is no salesman involved, nobody pressuring you to buy, just 1 entire extra mouse click.
Actually, I had no idea it was even for the Maximize deal. The email didn't bother me (although I didn't read it-nothing against IForce, I just rarely pay attention to those kinds of ads). And, I'm not referring to any amount of effort expended either. For me, it's simply based on principle and the feeling of something being wrong in the background that I don't yet know about. When I shop, I like all the information to be laid out in front of me before I even consider buying it. That was the point I was trying to make with the car salesperson statement (How many people consider buying a car that says, "Ask inside" for it's price, unless they were going to buy one like it anyways). Why think about buying something, and then find out you can't afford it! It's frustrating! It's a personal thing I guess, but I just find it annoying (unless I was going to buy it anyways, in which case I'd be willing to go through the hassle). It just FEELS gimmick-y, that's all!

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Actually, I had no idea it was even for the Maximize deal. The email didn't bother me (although I didn't read it-nothing against IForce, I just rarely pay attention to those kinds of ads). And, I'm not referring to any amount of effort expended either. For me, it's simply based on principle and the feeling of something being wrong in the background that I don't yet know about. When I shop, I like all the information to be laid out in front of me before I even consider buying it. That was the point I was trying to make with the car salesperson statement (How many people consider buying a car that says, "Ask inside" for it's price, unless they were going to buy one like it anyways). Why think about buying something, and then find out you can't afford it! It's frustrating! It's a personal thing I guess, but I just find it annoying (unless I was going to buy it anyways, in which case I'd be willing to go through the hassle). It just FEELS gimmick-y, that's all!
I understand exactly where you're coming from.

Unfortunately, it's literally the only way to get it sold for this price :(

diablosho

diablosho

Awards
  • Established

And I understand that, I really do! I wasn't trying to knock I-Force, hell, if you look at my past post history, I was going to do a run of Bold (things came up, still wish I could have!) And I've purchased MANY I-Force products! And Vaughn, you've been VERY helpful to me in the past, so this really was nothing personal, and I understand where everyone is coming from. But, no matter how it's sliced, it is what it is, and I was merely trying to agree with the OP. Hopefully we can all still be friends!

bakerderek0

bakerderek0

Awards
  • Established

Excellant Salesman. The customer is always right. Give this man a raise.

:kabong:

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I typed out a long response to this... but decided to opt for a simple question... if you were given a product to sell, and wanted to sell the most of it you could, would you fail to mention and hype up the fact that the price is so low that it cannot be listed?

james122

james122

Awards
  • Established
this. I am ashamed at myself for even reading this far. nutra rules.I force rules. Im going back to add more to my cart to spite this thread.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
"Prices Too Low To Show!

You may be wondering why we're hiding the price for this product. Simple...Our price is so low the manufacturer won't let us list it! That's right, in order for us to continue offering this popular item at THE LOWEST PRICE, we can't advertise publicly how cheap it is.

To see our LOWEST price on this hot item, simply click the "Add To Cart" button and it will display the price in your shopping cart. So go ahead and add it now, and see how much you could really be saving at NutraPlanet!"

This is the kind of gimmicky crap I'd expect from USPLabs. That and your price is only $7 cheaper then the regular price on other websites. If you want to have a sale, fine, but none of this gimmicky rubbish.

end rant.
I could never be a salesman of any kind. I would get fired the very first day. :crying:

RexGrandis

RexGrandis

Awards
Hey everyone...

I'll admit to being no business-man, nor do I care to be, but I don't understand, why couldn't you have just had a simple "blow-out sale"? I recall TT-33 being something like $15 during the new-year sale, a price which was CONSIDERABLY lower than everywhere else (not just a measly $7 difference).

Anyway, I'm not here to argue, or complain about the price. Just expressing my feelings, I had thought nutraplanet held a touch of class and were a cut above the rest, but I was somewhat dissapointed this time.

Xerxes

Awards
  • Established
Hey everyone...

That was an amazing price, wish I had more mola on hand this week, shouldn't have bought that new car:scool: But in all seriousness great price, nothing to gimmicky about it IMO, and its a great pre-workout supp. My favorite alongside Jack3d.

diablosho

diablosho

Awards
  • Established
That was an amazing price, wish I had more mola on hand this week, shouldn't have bought that new car:scool: But in all seriousness great price, nothing to gimmicky about it IMO, and its a great pre-workout supp. My favorite alongside Jack3d.
LOL! That made me chuckle! I needed that this morning, really brightened up my day! :D

DaJaP

DaJaP

Awards
Lol, i cant understand how someone is going to complain about a sale because they have to click "add to cart" in order to see the price. Are you that lazy? maybe bored and needed something to bitch about? You people are acting like they only dropped the price by like 5%. Yea its onlu $7, thats roughly a 25% discount. Go to a car dealership and see if you can get 25% off if they initially hide the price from you, lol. This retarded rant about the hardships of viewing the price in cart is absurd, and the deal on the maximize v2 is sick

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Hmm, this thread wasn't needed at all. We've done this several times with other products.

Thanks all for shopping at nutra! We appreciate your business and look to saving you all the money you can !

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
no credit check either LOL

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tt-33 was able to be sold so cheap bc there is no current MAP on it. We normally remove MAP about 1 year after release. The only reason it would still be attached if it's older than a year is it moves so quickly we have to keep it in place to make sure it doesn't get whored out by smaller companies who can survive on 5% profit(unlike legit websites UHF have actual employees to pay)

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks to Vaughn for taking care of this thread and clearing things up. Bottom line is if we want to have a killer sale on certain products, this is the only way to do it.

"Prices Too Low To Show!

end rant.
Yok3d at NP for 34.99 and 34.99 after you add to cart....

end of rant:nana:

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established