will shipping to canada ever be fixed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

login211

Awards
I check nutraplanet every 2-3 months to see if shipping has been changed.

It's not ok to charge >$20 to have i small item shipped and slightly more for another and even more for another....

Will NP ever change shipping prices to Canada?

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
I check nutraplanet every 2-3 months to see if shipping has been changed.

It's not ok to charge >$20 to have i small item shipped and slightly more for another and even more for another....

Will NP ever change shipping prices to Canada?
Wouldn't this rely more on what USPS, FedUps, and UPS charge? I'm just guessing because I don't know for sure.

Canuckguy

Awards
I doubt this will ever change. Just save up for a bigger order. That's what I do. I always make sure I spend $100-$200. The shipping isn't so bad when you compare with other sites. Sure you can find some better, but it's often not the case when shipping to Canada unfortunately. Anyways Nutraplanet offers usually some of the best deals anywhere.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
Ya im prety sure the prices of shipping are based on the carrier that delivers it however this may vary by company since i know some charge say 14$ for shipping within us while others only like 6$. Im not from canada so i can't comment on prices but the prices do seem rather high.

login211

Awards
Well I am from Canada, and buy 95% of my supps from the USA and this is the highest shipping i've seen.... much profit is being made here...

and no i'm not going to buy more just to make the high shipping count, i just won't buy from here

and to top it off, the selection isn't varied enough for my taste AND prices are not great so i can't make this my one stop shop...

great for supp junkies i can tell...

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
Well I am from Canada, and buy 95% of my supps from the USA and this is the highest shipping i've seen.... much profit is being made here...

and no i'm not going to buy more just to make the high shipping count, i just won't buy from here

and to top it off, the selection isn't varied enough for my taste AND prices are not great so i can't make this my one stop shop...

If it is anything like the etail computer market then I have a suggestion. Compile an order at NP and at any other place of your choosing that has much lower shipping prices. See if the supplement prices + NP shipping are higher or lower than the other store + their cheaper shipping. My guess is that they will come out VERY close in overall price.

They are going to get you one way or the other, shipping or pricing. You just have to decide which you'd rather pay.

login211

Awards
If it is anything like the etail computer market then I have a suggestion. Compile an order at NP and at any other place of your choosing that has much lower shipping prices. See if the supplement prices + NP shipping are higher or lower than the other store + their cheaper shipping. My guess is that they will come out VERY close in overall price.

They are going to get you one way or the other, shipping or pricing. You just have to decide which you'd rather pay.
Been there done that... NP lost big time...

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Firstly...I can assure you that there is no profit that is being made off of shipping.

On many occassions many reps from NP have expressed their own displeasure with this shipping problem, but have acknowledged that they go by what is offered to them from the shipping company. When there is a quote to NP for shipping, that is what we have to go with. We do try to make it the most ammenable for the consumer.

I am sorry that you are as frustrated as you have become over this, however, rest assured that if better options present themselves, NP will always look into them

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established

Been there done that... NP lost big time...
Read thread title son.
OK Dad, I read it......again. If some other place is beating NP "big time", why do you give a sh1t about NPs Canadian shipping policy?

imjuschillin

Awards
Hmm, I just got a package from them. I can see if I still have the packing and compare it (the charge stamped on it) to what I was charged.

I do this often with eBay just for the Hell of it. OFTEN I will order something there with 15$ ship and it gets here and it was $5.85. Lol. But I know lately a lot there have been inflating shipping rather than cost cuz I THINK it's a way they pay less to eBay for listing the item there...

Far as NP, well, I see it like the guy above said, itll be in shipping or put into the products' costs. Also, anyone ordering from Canada for any length of time now knows that we also have to be thankful they ship up to us, because not all companies will ship to Canada at all! I know there's been more than one time I'm like, "cool, great item, great price", but they will not even entertain the thought of shipping to Canada.

So, I guess use em or don't (Though I udnerstand OP, you were just asking if there's any plans in the futur for NP to be changing that.)

Cheers

Canuckguy

Awards
That is so true. There are many outfits that will not even ship to Canada. Thank you Nutraplanet!

Blacktail

Blacktail

Awards
  • Established
OK Dad, I read it......again. If some other place is beating NP "big time", why do you give a sh1t about NPs Canadian shipping policy?
Because he wants to support NP with his $? Who wants to support BB.com or somebody else? Not I. The fact is shipping is cheaper to Canada from other sites. SO it must be possible. What we need is a Canadian NP :afro:

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
Because he wants to support NP with his $? Who wants to support BB.com or somebody else? Not I. The fact is shipping is cheaper to Canada from other sites. SO it must be possible. What we need is a Canadian NP :afro:
I agree with supporting NP. However, I do buy supps they don't sell. Occasionally I see other sites with substantially better pricing on certain items. It's the nature of the game across pretty much all eTail. The sites are going to get you either on the shipping or on the product pricing. It's just like Safeway vs Kroger vs Publix in the grocery world or Newegg vs Amazon vs Buy.com in the computer world. Vote with your wallet.

Blacktail

Blacktail

Awards
  • Established
I agree with supporting NP. However, I do buy supps they don't sell. Occasionally I see other sites with substantially better pricing on certain items. It's the nature of the game across pretty much all eTail. The sites are going to get you either on the shipping or on the product pricing. It's just like Safeway vs Kroger vs Publix in the grocery world or Newegg vs Amazon vs Buy.com in the computer world. Vote with your wallet.
Yea for sure if they don't sell what I want or are always out of stock I have to look out for numero uno.

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
We used to ship FedEx ground to Canada and the rates were very economical compared to shipping it via air. Unfortunately, FedEx Ground doesn't collect the duties and the customers never paid, so we were slapped with hundreds of dollars in uncollected fees which forced us to stop shipping that method.

The only work-around I can see is charging these fees upfront, which requires a lot of programming work and up keep for the fees and accounting paperwork...

login211

Awards
Exactly. I WANT to shop here from time to time but the way things are, I cannot.

Thanks for your post AE14.

The only work-around I can see is charging these fees upfront, which requires a lot of programming work and up keep for the fees and accounting paperwork...
So stryder, passing the buck to the Canadian customers eh? tsk tsk

Good day gentlemen.

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
So stryder, passing the buck to the Canadian customers eh? tsk tsk

Good day gentlemen.
I told you above. It's either charge for the shipping or, mark up the product pricing to offset it. NP is great but of course they are in business to make money. Unfortunately, your location and the CAN government make it more difficult. They can't eat a loss for Canadian customers.

imjuschillin

Awards
Well, I checked my package.

It appears that Fedex doesnt mark the exact amount for shipping charge. It just says 'economy'. My package was 100$ value and 4 lbs. Shipping was 24$ from NP.

Do I wish shipping was less? Of course, but to be honest, other companies Ive order from in the past, the shipping is very close, like within a few dollars, really.

So, I guess if they can do anything in the future to make it cheaper, great, but they dont seem that out of whack to me.

Customs/duty... Thats where the real issue is, I had to pay another $22.00 at the door is taxes/duty fees that I don't always have to pay. Luck of the draw I guess. No one I ever talked with seems to be able to explain, for real, how customs picks what they charge/stop...

login211

Awards
Well, I checked my package.

It appears that Fedex doesnt mark the exact amount for shipping charge. It just says 'economy'. My package was 100$ value and 4 lbs. Shipping was 24$ from NP.

Do I wish shipping was less? Of course, but to be honest, other companies Ive order from in the past, the shipping is very close, like within a few dollars, really.

So, I guess if they can do anything in the future to make it cheaper, great, but they dont seem that out of whack to me.

Customs/duty... Thats where the real issue is, I had to pay another $22.00 at the door is taxes/duty fees that I don't always have to pay. Luck of the draw I guess. No one I ever talked with seems to be able to explain, for real, how customs picks what they charge/stop...
Another fanboy...

I had a recent order at trueprotein that weighed 12lbs and I paid $26...

If you're ok paying $19.26 for a bottle of penetrate, please feel free to do so...

imjuschillin

Awards
Another fanboy...

I had a recent order at trueprotein that weighed 12lbs and I paid $26...

If you're ok paying $19.26 for a bottle of penetrate, please feel free to do so...
Well, I def wouldn't call me a fanboy. Really, I just stated facts. Maybe the post looked odd because it didn't contain any opinions, just observations.

I'll check out this trueprotein site. My fanboy status goes with my bank account as Im sure most others do too. I was just providing info on my experience with NP

I'l check this website you mentioned though. Im interested to see if they have the variety that NP has.

Also I assume that maybe you were closer than I was to the shipping point. Meaning if you are in Windsor, ON, and I'm in Newfoundland, I'd be willing to bet that will influence the cost of shipping we're charged to us in Canada too.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Not a fan boy eh? lol

Here's a few sites that have cheaper shipping:
bodybuilding.com, www.gojiking.co.uk, swansonvitamins.com, trueprotein.com, vitacost.com, amazon.com, amazon.co.uk.... I could go on endlessly...

Enough fanboy, NP have fessed up to the issue... Answer is no; I can move on now.
Um you might have missed this

We used to ship FedEx ground to Canada and the rates were very economical compared to shipping it via air. Unfortunately, FedEx Ground doesn't collect the duties and the customers never paid, so we were slapped with hundreds of dollars in uncollected fees which forced us to stop shipping that method.
Sounds more to me that stryder is running a business which means it isnt his job to cover customers asses when they dont want to resposible for what they order. My suggestion is take your attitude to customs and see how far that gets you. please come back with video of your discussion with customs should be funny.

login211

Awards
Um you might have missed this

Sounds more to me that stryder is running a business which means it isnt his job to cover customers asses when they dont want to resposible for what they order. My suggestion is take your attitude to customs and see how far that gets you. please come back with video of your discussion with customs should be funny.
I think you missed this:

^^This is why shipping is so high. Other companies put the time, money and effort to keep shipping prices accurate and affordable.

Fanboys only see what they want to see...

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
I think you missed this:

^^This is why shipping is so high. Other companies put the time, money and effort to keep shipping prices accurate and affordable.

I have to ask again why you are STILL whining about this? You have listed multiple sites you say are cheaper product pricing and offer cheaper shipping. And yes, I do mean whining. It's gone way past the point of reasonable question, reasonable answer.

login211

Awards
I have to ask again why you are STILL whining about this? You have listed multiple sites you say are cheaper product pricing and offer cheaper shipping. And yes, I do mean whining. It's gone way past the point of reasonable question, reasonable answer.
Why do you keep bumping to the top?

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
as do haters, seriously...this has been answered for you already. I am sorry that it is evidently not to your satisfaction

login211

Awards
as do haters, seriously...this has been answered for you already. I am sorry that it is evidently not to your satisfaction
Love how you put the first part of that post in bold where as quite obviously the reason for high shipping is in the second part of that post.

And I'm no hater, just pointing to the truth that stryder laid out for us all to see.

It's perfectly fine for NP to do this, they have a right to run business as they please and I don't hold anything again'st them; I simply don't and won't shop here.

Love how the fanboys keep bringing attention to this issue though lol.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Love how you put the first part of that post in bold where as quite obviously the reason for high shipping is in the second part of that post.

And I'm no hater, just pointing to the truth that stryder laid out for us all to see.

It's perfectly fine for NP to do this, they have a right to run business as they please and I don't hold anything again'st them; I simply don't and won't shop here.

Love how the fanboys keep bringing attention to this issue though lol.
Once again, you entirely miss the point. This is not a one step problem. If you care to simplify it, that is your perogative, but it illustrates your propensity for both incorrect and argumentative behavior.

However, coming in here repeatedly calling people "fanboys" is immature and foolish. If you do not like the answer to your question...I am sorry to hear that. However, the truth has been stated several times, and you can feel free to accept it as you wish.

Furthermore, I would personally love for all AM members to shop at NP, however, I am sure that all of the great folks at NP know that, that is not the case nor is it possible. At the end of the day, you will shop where you find the best deals, and that is your right. The public is always fickle, and I would expect nothing less.

Have a great day

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I think you missed this:

Actually i think you missed this.

Reading comprehension, Im sure your local Community college can help you with this.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Oh by the way just looked at the Bodybuilding.com forums and just happen to notice that there are a bunch of threads from your fellow countrymen who are all complaining about the shipping to canada. Some of them are claiming that they had to pay over 20+ $ for small items.

Also curious as to why you dont order from supp. stores in canada? is it because the prices are to high? hmm I wonder why that is, is it because all the suppliers have to ship their products accross the border.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Strong Supplement Shop 2
MA Labs 2
clown007 Olympus Labs 4
Matthew1237 Anabolics 1
Anabolics 6