No Certificate of Analysis for Fish Oil

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. No Certificate of Analysis for Fish Oil


    So i contacted NP in hopes that they can send me a copy of their COA for their fish oil. Unfortunately, they do not have one.

    To those who are looking to buy fish oil, i would refrain from buying from a manufacturer who does not have their products analyzed. For all you know, it could contain harmful chemicals.

    I doubt i'll be purchasing any other products from them. I'd rather pay a little more and buy from a reliable manufacturer.


  2. I know this is always a concern for me when looking into fish oil. I like to know it has been tested and what kind of fish it came from -- especially when you start getting into high doses each day, which I'm sure a lot of us do.

    Nutra's fish oil are a good deal, so it would be nice to know a little more about them. Any input from the NP fellas is appreciated.
    •   
       


  3. Correct. It might not have any side effects now, but who knows in a year, 5 years, 10 years down the road?

    I e-mailed them asking for COA, this is the reply I got, which was very confusing to me and was rather irrelevant to my request:

    "Thanks for asking, we have it currently on order, making this up from
    scratch takes a couple months usually last update I see was 12/29/10 So
    check back with CS BI-weekly and the site, whenever you wish."

  4. I have the COA; I purchase this on behalf of Nutra.

    If you PM me your email, I will get it out to you.

  5. Thanks for emailing that to me as well although it did not contain the Arsenic,Mercury,Lead,Dioxins and PCBS, that to me are more important than if it conforms to being a yellow capsule lol.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by custom View Post
    I have the COA; I purchase this on behalf of Nutra.

    If you PM me your email, I will get it out to you.
    PM sent..

  7. Thanks for the quick e-mail.

    It's true though, there is no information on toxins, PCBs, or heavy metals.. : (

  8. can anyone from nutra comment on this?

  9. I have an inquiry in with our supplier to try and see if they have that documentation.

  10. I'd like to know this too as it's the reason I stopped buying Nutra's fish oil, and I used to get it religiously.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by custom View Post
    I have an inquiry in with our supplier to try and see if they have that documentation.
    Thank you custom. I'm sure you know my continued interest in this topic is not to stir the proverbial pot -- I'm a big Nutra fan -- It's just information that is extremely important to me (any many others) the customer.

    What it really comes down to is I mega dose fish oil and spend a lot of money on this particular supplement when I purchase it, and I'd like to drop that money off with nutra, but I can't unless I know a little more about the product.

    I'm looking forward to seeing what you can find.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by freefall365 View Post
    Thank you custom. I'm sure you know my continued interest in this topic is not to stir the proverbial pot -- I'm a big Nutra fan -- It's just information that is extremely important to me (any many others) the customer.

    What it really comes down to is I mega dose fish oil and spend a lot of money on this particular supplement when I purchase it, and I'd like to drop that money off with nutra, but I can't unless I know a little more about the product.

    I'm looking forward to seeing what you can find.
    ...........X2

  13. Yeah, no problem.

    I take 8-10 caps a day myself as well as give 4 daily to my dog. So this is of interest to me as well.

  14. hmmm i take quite a bit as well....any word on this?

  15. I would like to know what comes of this as well. I bought the big bottle last order and have been taking 6-8 a day.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by custom View Post
    Yeah, no problem.

    I take 8-10 caps a day myself as well as give 4 daily to my dog. So this is of interest to me as well.
    I was thinking about giving my dog some. Does yours not chew the cap? My dogs breath is bad enough as it is lol.

    Sent from my Android device

  17. Yeah, apparently my dog likes the taste.

    Our supplier did not have this requested information; they only validated what was on the COA through proper testing.

    We're contacting our lab to see if they can test for the proposed toxins on our subsequent batches of this product.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by custom View Post
    Yeah, apparently my dog likes the taste.

    Our supplier did not have this requested information; they only validated what was on the COA through proper testing.

    We're contacting our lab to see if they can test for the proposed toxins on our subsequent batches of this product.
    Much appreciated custom, I want to order the 1000 count bottle again anyways and if this checks out, I will be doing that.
    If my direct and cynical approach bothers you, just ignore it. I'm just saying what you need to hear ;).

  19. In for more info because I currently use the NP brand fish oil.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by custom View Post
    Yeah, apparently my dog likes the taste.

    Our supplier did not have this requested information; they only validated what was on the COA through proper testing.

    We're contacting our lab to see if they can test for the proposed toxins on our subsequent batches of this product.
    Hah! My golden just took two caps like a champ!

    Sent from my Android device

  21. Quote Originally Posted by custom View Post
    Yeah, apparently my dog likes the taste.

    Our supplier did not have this requested information; they only validated what was on the COA through proper testing.

    We're contacting our lab to see if they can test for the proposed toxins on our subsequent batches of this product.
    This question needs to be asked: what is Nutra testing for if not lead, mercury, etc in fish oil??? Who the hell sells fish oil that hasn't been tested for these things, when there is a long and well-known list of contaminents in the fish used for commercial fish oil???

    FTR, I do not use Nutra fish oil nor any other Nutra products anymore. I stopped after the release of the touted "Platinum Series", which promised COAs on every batch. Meanwhile, most products didn't have COAs on the website, and the few that did were from several years ago. Testing a product once does not exempt said product from all future testing.

    There are plenty of quality fish oils out there that are stringently tested and are not terribly expensive. I use Carlson now almost exclusively. Personally, I wouldn't come anywhere near Nutra fish oil.

  22. This news is really disappointing to me. I recently bought the one thousand count bottle based of NP's reputation for quality. This is what I get for lack of first hand research.

  23. Ya I used to use their fish oil but recently switched to the Controlled Labs fish oil due to the pricing on the new years sale. If a COA isnt put out looks like ill be continuing buying these too.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by bikeswimlive View Post
    This news is really disappointing to me. I recently bought the one thousand count bottle based of NP's reputation for quality. This is what I get for lack of first hand research.
    X2. This disappoints me as well. You would think this question would have been raised by Nutra when they were getting the material in the first place... I realize a lot of places out there don't show the COA, but in my opinion that's just sloppy and somewhat reckless with a supplement like fish oil.

    I had to completely stop using these. IDK why i thought i remembered seeing an analysis of these before that checked out, and i just purchased without looking into it during the sale. i must have got it confused with another brand.

    anyway, looks like i got a big ass tub of fish oil i won't be using...

    I feel bad complaining.. but...

  25. ............edit: hit post like 10 times because site was slow -- eventually it posted same thing a bunch of times....
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Security Certificate expiration
    By brugalou in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-25-2011, 09:41 PM
  2. gIFT CERTIFICATE
    By IRISHRYG in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-01-2011, 10:50 AM
  3. Gift Certificate
    By shinobidoode in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-19-2009, 06:17 PM
Log in
Log in