Nutraplanet regular bulk Cissus dose?

Gator762

Awards
What sort of dose should I take for the regular bulk Cissus? (5% Ketosterols). I am taking it for joint pain in my shoulders. Old rotator cuff and dislocation issues that nag me now and again. The bottle says 750mg 2-3 times a day before a meal containing fat. Will the scoop that is included dose out 750mg?

I'm doing rehab exercises with the Cissus. Hopefully that will get me good to lift again in a month.

I took the super Cissus before. Awful tasting stuff. I could stomach it for a while, later I couldn't swallow the stuff without gagging. Regular Cissus doesn't taste too bad at all, so regular it is for me.

Legacykid

Awards
  • Established
is it suggested to take cissus while doing PT. Im currently doing PT for a joint pain in RC. would i be optimizing my time taking cissus while, or after pt?

Gator762

Awards
I'd take it with PT, since it's supposed to assist with healing.

It's going OK... I think it was really starting to help after 2 weeks. Almost always when I wake, one shoulder is sore. After the 2 weeks that has diminished a lot. I got a little carried away raising reps with the rehab exercises, and did something to the dislocated shoulder. Been sore now for 1.5 weeks. I have been using heat & ice after the therapy exercises this past 1.5 weeks, but still this shoulder... If things aren't better real soon it's back to the doc.

I have been doing standing barbell curls with a light weight at 15 reps, but I doubt that's it. Was doing them before with strict form and there is no movement with the shoulder, other than picking the weight up.

I've been a little over double the dose at 2 scoops 4x a day.

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bump for quick question

Label says 750 mg 2-3 times a day.
Should I start out with this dose? And if so, how long before I can tell its working, you know, to access my dosage.

Oh yeah,Better on and empty stomach or not? Thanks before hand

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Herbals are best on an empty stomach in most cases, that's what I'd do. I think that's a good starting dose. It can takes week for you to start notice a difference; decrease in joint pain would be a good outcome to watch for. Depends what you're using it for

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah Joint pain mostly. Thanks Steveoph

owlicks

owlicks

Awards
The Nutraplanet Cissus is wonderful stuff. It really has done wonders for my shoulders. I'm finally able to do heavy flat bench again without any pain. I dose it three times a day, either in my protein shakes, or mixed in a water bottle w/ 32 oz of water and the Sweet Tea flavored Mio water flavoring. With the Sweet Tea Mio I've found that the flavors actually complement each other - it's pretty good.

ozc

Awards
I've had chronic sternum and intercostal joint inflammation,

At this point I've stopped working out in fear of aggravating and adding to the inflammation.

Is it best to go back slowly while on the cissus or is it fine to take it while im still away from the gym?

Probably a noob question, Sorry!

owlicks

owlicks

Awards
I've had chronic sternum and intercostal joint inflammation,

At this point I've stopped working out in fear of aggravating and adding to the inflammation.

Is it best to go back slowly while on the cissus or is it fine to take it while im still away from the gym?

Probably a noob question, Sorry!
Well first of all don't expect any miracles, but secondly, make sure to take it slow. From my understanding, the cissus takes a couple weeks to build up in your system. It was a bit over a week before I started feeling any difference.

To answer your question, I think it certainly would be fine to take it while you're still away from the gym.

ozc

Awards
Well first of all don't expect any miracles, but secondly, make sure to take it slow. From my understanding, the cissus takes a couple weeks to build up in your system. It was a bit over a week before I started feeling any difference.

To answer your question, I think it certainly would be fine to take it while you're still away from the gym.
when you say take it slow, do you mean dose it slowly?

If so in what increments?

owlicks

owlicks

Awards
when you say take it slow, do you mean dose it slowly?

If so in what increments?
Sorry, I should have been clearer. The cissus is perfectly fine to start dosing three times per day from the start, I just meant to take it slow returning to the weights to avoid further injury.

ozc

Awards
Sorry, I should have been clearer. The cissus is perfectly fine to start dosing three times per day from the start, I just meant to take it slow returning to the weights to avoid further injury.
oh ok,

Is it fine to mix this stuff with orange juice or even some soda to kill the taste or is it best with water?

Will the sugar/citric acid null the effect of the cissus?

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
I take two heaping scoops in the morning, and two heaping scoops post-workout or later in the evening.

It does a really good job at keeping my joint discomfort at bay. Most of my discomfort in my shoulders. I have a old thoracic nerve injury in my left shoulder.

I've experimented at different times, randomly discontinuing use for a couple of days. Just to see if I might have been experiencing a placebo effect. It really works, well.

I mix it with cranberry juice. Still tastes like ****, but its more tolerable. I reuse the NP containers, as mini shaker cups. I find tried to mix it with a spoon, but it does not break it down.

ozc

Awards
DO you guys cap it? Im considering capping it, if so what size are you guys using 00 or 0.

00 holds about 700mg full, 0 holds 450 i think.

Also how does this compare to the USPlabs super cissus rx.

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Customer feedback has been pretty consistent with our bulk Cissus and Super Cissus RX and Primaforce Cissus. Some claim better results with higher concentrations, while others have stated no difference. Because of the great cost advantage, I'd say start with the bulk powder and see if that works well for you. The real benefit is, you can mega dose if need be without breaking the bank.

I'd also recommend using the NutraPlanet Fish Oil caps to help with inflammation and joint lubrication.

ozc

Awards
Just wondering, I normally use Juice to mix the cissus, however I ran out on the weekend.

I mixed it with Coca Cola and it tasted really good. Just wondering if mixing with CC would make the effects/benefits of the cissus null?