USPS First Class - Possible?

  1. Registered User
    krebz's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    52
    Rep Power
    77

    USPS First Class - Possible?


    Since there are many complains about ship. rates, i am wondering if using their First Class shipment is a possible choice for NP.
    How about this possibility?

    As far as i know, it is really cheaper than Priority Mail or other categories. (and even more "accessible"/affordable for international buyers like me)

  2. Registered User
    criticalbench's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,829
    Rep Power
    767473

    Curious as well, as I would use this method!

    Mike
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  3. PESCIENCE.com
    Board Sponsor
    nattydisaster's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10,081
    Rep Power
    3164581

    Pretty sure first class is not possible with automated shipping. But i could be wrong
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    MacWanted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    41
    Posts
    250
    Rep Power
    15092

    I think it will be unlikely that we will get an answer from NP, they are too busy of their labor day sale that they do not care of us...
  5. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,327
    Rep Power
    922352

    Quote Originally Posted by MacWanted View Post
    I think it will be unlikely that we will get an answer from NP, they are too busy of their labor day sale that they do not care of us...
    I am sorry to hear that you feel that way. I would think that the sale alone would show how much Nutra Planet values and respects the wishes of their customers, and the customers themselves.

    In terms of the shipping, from my understanding all possibilities are being discussed and analyzed thoroughly. We always will offer the most competitive prices that we can. I am sure that if a new option becomes available, it will be offered asap
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  6. Registered User
    MacWanted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    41
    Posts
    250
    Rep Power
    15092

    Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    I am sorry to hear that you feel that way. I would think that the sale alone would show how much Nutra Planet values and respects the wishes of their customers, and the customers themselves.

    In terms of the shipping, from my understanding all possibilities are being discussed and analyzed thoroughly. We always will offer the most competitive prices that we can. I am sure that if a new option becomes available, it will be offered asap
    Thank for the feedback, as said in another thread Fedex is not an option for international customer as you have always custom fee that can be very expensive. So the only solution we have is US Postal but as said the cost is very high and can be half of the price of an order which is not acceptable. Do the simulation by yourself and see if you would accept to pay more than 40 USD for a small bottle of a product???

    So you offer cheap products and there is no doubt about this but for shipment you are not competitive at all as it can double the price of an order. So as a result for international customers, you are not competitive at all.

    See that if we, as international customers complain like this is that we have an emotional relationship with NP and as a customer since mostly the beginning of the adventure of NP this is hard to shift to another retailer as we know that you guys are doing a great job and have the best service even seen. But again we request you to find a solution for us and not simply hiding the shipment provider with the default choice of Fedex.
  7. Registered User
    atjnutrition2's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    609
    Rep Power
    382

    We will be happy to look at first class shipping, but after speaking briefly with my shipping guru, there is an issue with weight and the ability to track the package.

    As for international issues, we are still trying to work out the numerous issues. The problem lies in the fact that each country we ship to has different customs practices and duties/fees structures. We are currently in the process of launching DHL as another international shipping alternative. It is our understanding that they have an easier time through customs and are much less expensive for the larger packages.
  8. Registered User
    krebz's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    52
    Rep Power
    77

    Quote Originally Posted by atjnutrition2 View Post
    We will be happy to look at first class shipping, but after speaking briefly with my shipping guru, there is an issue with weight and the ability to track the package.

    As for international issues, we are still trying to work out the numerous issues. The problem lies in the fact that each country we ship to has different customs practices and duties/fees structures. We are currently in the process of launching DHL as another international shipping alternative. It is our understanding that they have an easier time through customs and are much less expensive for the larger packages.
    Thatīs really nice, that will be better for us.

    I donīt mind about tracking (sometimes small package without track is easier to bypass customs in our country....just saying)
  9. Registered User
    MacWanted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    41
    Posts
    250
    Rep Power
    15092

    Quote Originally Posted by atjnutrition2 View Post
    We will be happy to look at first class shipping, but after speaking briefly with my shipping guru, there is an issue with weight and the ability to track the package.

    As for international issues, we are still trying to work out the numerous issues. The problem lies in the fact that each country we ship to has different customs practices and duties/fees structures. We are currently in the process of launching DHL as another international shipping alternative. It is our understanding that they have an easier time through customs and are much less expensive for the larger packages.
    But what about if no tracking is not an issue for us? I still don't get you guys, small weight and no track ARE NOT AN ISSUE for us so why not offering that????

    At iHerb they offer this kind of limitation and this is fine.
  10. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,327
    Rep Power
    922352

    Quote Originally Posted by MacWanted View Post
    But what about if no tracking is not an issue for us? I still don't get you guys, small weight and no track ARE NOT AN ISSUE for us so why not offering that????

    At iHerb they offer this kind of limitation and this is fine.
    I hate to say this, but this might not be the case for the majority of international consumers. SOme might prefer tracking when available.

    NP has to look at what will benefit the majority
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  11. Registered User
    MacWanted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    41
    Posts
    250
    Rep Power
    15092

    Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    I hate to say this, but this might not be the case for the majority of international consumers. SOme might prefer tracking when available.

    NP has to look at what will benefit the majority
    I would be curious to know how you measure that? How would you be able to figure out that a potential international customer would not place an order because of the high price for shipment? Again we are your regular international customers and we told you that shipment prices are way too high. That is a valuable information.

    And again it is a question of choice, what would cost you to provide USPS first class? I still don't get it.
  12. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,327
    Rep Power
    922352

    Quote Originally Posted by atjnutrition2 View Post
    We will be happy to look at first class shipping, but after speaking briefly with my shipping guru, there is an issue with weight and the ability to track the package.

    As for international issues, we are still trying to work out the numerous issues. The problem lies in the fact that each country we ship to has different customs practices and duties/fees structures. We are currently in the process of launching DHL as another international shipping alternative. It is our understanding that they have an easier time through customs and are much less expensive for the larger packages.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacWanted View Post
    I would be curious to know how you measure that? How would you be able to figure out that a potential international customer would not place an order because of the high price for shipment? Again we are your regular international customers and we told you that shipment prices are way too high. That is a valuable information.

    And again it is a question of choice, what would cost you to provide USPS first class? I still don't get it.
    To answer your first part, there have been several international customer who have posted here in the past on this issue. Some were fine with not having tracking, while others felt it benficial and wanted it kept.

    In terms of your other point, please see the above post by ATJ. Hopefully this helps to explain it, and also to reemphasize the point that we are looking at all options presently in an attempt to give all customers (forein and domestic) the best possible rates
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  13. Registered User
    MacWanted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    41
    Posts
    250
    Rep Power
    15092

    Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    To answer your first part, there have been several international customer who have posted here in the past on this issue. Some were fine with not having tracking, while others felt it benficial and wanted it kept.

    In terms of your other point, please see the above post by ATJ. Hopefully this helps to explain it, and also to reemphasize the point that we are looking at all options presently in an attempt to give all customers (forein and domestic) the best possible rates
    As I told you such answer is not a solution and the result are simply that you loose customers and I am one of them... My next order will be in uk not at NP because of your shipping prices. And that are real facts not your bla bla bla...
  14. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,327
    Rep Power
    922352

    Quote Originally Posted by MacWanted View Post
    As I told you such answer is not a solution and the result are simply that you loose customers and I am one of them... My next order will be in uk not at NP because of your shipping prices. And that are real facts not your bla bla bla...
    the answer is not a direct solution, but it is information for you and other international customers about where NP s right now in looking at shipping alternatives.

    It is sad if you feel that this is bla bla bla,however, this is a process.

    Thank you for your business
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  15. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    Board Sponsor
    CROWLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,549
    Rep Power
    4829

    The problem is without tracking and the package gets lost or doesn't get delivered.

    Then the customer asks where the package is. This happens often when shipping to other countries.

    So without tracking no one knows what happened if it was or was not delivered.
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  16. Registered User
    MacWanted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    41
    Posts
    250
    Rep Power
    15092

    Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER View Post
    The problem is without tracking and the package gets lost or doesn't get delivered.

    Then the customer asks where the package is. This happens often when shipping to other countries.

    So without tracking no one knows what happened if it was or was not delivered.
    sorry I have to disagree with you, I have done many orders with iherb and never got any issue (35 orders to be exact) and if we choose without tracking number, we know the risk. Even with tracking number your order can be lost. So sorry your arguments have no value.
  17. Registered User
    Ninjo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    44
    Posts
    932
    Rep Power
    9060

    Hate to say it but because I can't always get my ass across the border to pick up my package in NY state, I have had to do a lot of business with that other BIG online retailer lately (over $1,000) because the end cost to me is lower (even given the cheaper product prices at NP) when you factor in the shipping. Too bad really because I'd love to make NP the only place I buy from.
  18. Registered User
    MacWanted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    41
    Posts
    250
    Rep Power
    15092

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjo View Post
    Hate to say it but because I can't always get my ass across the border to pick up my package in NY state, I have had to do a lot of business with that other BIG online retailer lately (over $1,000) because the end cost to me is lower (even given the cheaper product prices at NP) when you factor in the shipping. Too bad really because I'd love to make NP the only place I buy from.
    Thank you for your feedback, maybe by getting much more testimonial like that NP will change its mind.

    NP, isn't freaking to hear that you loose 1000 USD business and that might happen many times per month?????
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-03-2010, 08:48 PM
  2. wow usps
    By robxxxxxx69 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-02-2010, 08:55 PM
  3. USPS Help
    By Ubiyca in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-26-2009, 10:41 AM
  4. Need help distinguishing Class I from Class II
    By indianballer in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-11-2009, 06:29 PM
  5. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-07-2008, 01:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in