Canadian Customs Charges?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by lemmohr View Post
    got my package last thursday, I just had to pay taxes (HST) and that was it.. can't believe it took 2 weeks @ customs
    2 weeks at customs?? bruuutal. mine just got into customs, usually with fedex it only stays there a day, its a small shipment too, only 2 things so I hope USPS gets it through fast.

were u using usps?

2. Quote Originally Posted by TyePo View Post
    2 weeks at customs?? bruuutal. mine just got into customs, usually with fedex it only stays there a day, its a small shipment too, only 2 things so I hope USPS gets it through fast.

were u using usps?
    yeah, usps.. then canadapost...
    •   

3. USPS has finally started updating my tracking and my shipment was in and out of customs in 2 days so pretty stoked on that, I was worried after you said 2 weeks haha. hopefully i'll get it by tomorrow.

4. Hey, new to NP. When I get to my shipping option at checkout I am only presented with the option of paying slightly more for a faster delivery option, and a cheaper yet longer (1-2 weeks) delivery option.

Logically, I would expect faster= Fedex, longer=USPS/Canada. Could someone please confirm or deny this? I really don't feel like paying a % on top of my order, as it is roughly 500.00 USD.

Thanks

5. So what shipping option should i select International 1-2 weeks for usps? or 3-6 days?
    •   

6. From my experience with NP, even when you select the faster option, its still USPS. It usually takes just a bit under two weeks from the ship date till I get the package. As far as charges go ts usually about 15%.

7. I just got a package from nutra, this the 3rd in a raw with taxes....

it is 13% tax +$5 handling fee

8. Well I take back my statement of that I've never been charged more then $17 at the door because today they charged me $38 :|
    Core Nutritionals Representative

9. Damn I really don't understand the shipping, first time I used DHL from nutra it cost $8 at the door, 2nd time $18, 3rd time $34 and today $46, like WTF, Looks like I'll be going to USPS since it doesn't charge me at the door, I just don't understand why DHL charges me more everytime they come, the amount of my order has been about the same everytime.
    Core Nutritionals Representative

10. I will be getting my future orders shipped with USPS, I got raped by DHL last time.

11. I'll just say for now, so far my first order from NP took one month to get to me. Yes, 4 full weeks, Im not rounding up! And the customs charge on a 140$ order was 22$ CNDN.

Now, let me add though, I don't hold NP responsible for the shipping time or customs charges at all. I been ordering online long enough to know that it happens, it sucks, but it happens. Far as I can see, they shipped the package promptly. I think just coming off the Holidays and customs in general it just got stopped, and yes, it was sent via FedEx. so, customs got me too.

:O(

What can you do? The variety and COST of buying supps in Eastern Canada where I am is still much higher than the online route. MUCH HIGHER! less variety too.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Canadian Customs
    By ss01 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 07-05-2010, 10:23 PM
  2. 3-AD canadian customs ?
    By Devolift in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-11-2008, 06:55 PM
  3. GG Canadian Customs
    By Khyron in forum Nutraplanet