Alpha Lipoic Acid

bigsexy74

bigsexy74

Awards
  • Established
there was both versions last time i looked, the r-ala is a bit more but still a good deal, i just looked, they still have both versions. na-r ala and the s ala

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
oops! Thanks brah! I see it now. For some reason I skipped over the na-rala when I looked the first time.

I am looking to increase insulin sensitivity due to hyperinsulinemia, and the R form is supposed to be the better of the two, right? (just double checking before I start ordering stuff)

bigsexy74

bigsexy74

Awards
  • Established
ya, supposedly, the r (racemic) delivers the nutrients better than the s version which i believe is just the r form broken down so it's less potent( i am probably wrong) but yes, the r form is better. learned that lesson after i bought the s form lol

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
ALA is the 50:50 ratio of the R and S isomers.

For aiding in fat loss some are suggesting 100mg ALA for each 40 grams of carbs in a meal
blood sugar support 300-600mg. Some suggest taking 1mg biotin per 100mg ALA. Especially effective with CoQ10, ALC, & carnosine
Thanks.

Fat isn't my problem, too much insulin is. Type 2 runs in the family and I'm showing signs already. I need to try and overcome the insulin resistance by becoming more sensitive, thus my interest in ALA.

It actually pisses me off that I'm in good/decent shape (especially for my age) and I have this problem, but fatty beer gut guy doesn't seem to. :mad:

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks.

Fat isn't my problem, too much insulin is. Type 2 runs in the family and I'm showing signs already. I need to try and overcome the insulin resistance by becoming more sensitive, thus my interest in ALA.

It actually pisses me off that I'm in good/decent shape (especially for my age) and I have this problem, but fatty beer gut guy doesn't seem to. :mad:
Well you know the supplements can help im some cases but not can save or resolve the problem maybe if you change your diet do some cardio and weights?

please take a time to read this: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/135213-best-insulin-mimicker.html

I recommend read this articles is a GREAT and VALUABLE info here so hope this can help you.