Frosted Cinnamon Bun & CGC NutraPro

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'3"  135 lbs.

Thumbs up Frosted Cinnamon Bun & CGC NutraPro

Got my huge order today and couldn't wait any longer to try the two new flavors. Mixed 1 scoop with 6oz cold water/skim milk

Frosted Cinnamon Bun

I was a bit skeptical about this one based on not so great reviews but to my surprise it's absolutely fantastic! Dissolved after a few spoon stirs and smells like fresh cinnamon rolls ahhh...

Taste 10/10 definitely a keeper! Sweet enough to enhance the cinnamon flavor and I'm sure it's gonna be delicious in oats.

Digestion 10/10 no gas or bloating, but that's just NutraPro

Chocolate Graham Cracker

This one, I had high hopes for but...the powder looks like vanilla mixed with chocolate, I was hoping for a more chocolatey flavor and perhaps even a piece of a cracker...oh well

Taste 7/10 very weak flavor, could use more chocolate for sure. Other that that, it's OK but I'm not excited about it and won't buy it again.

The frosted milk chocolate is the best of them all! Cinnamon Bun is really good, what a nice treat

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  222 lbs.

good review. i love the idea of the cinnabun flavor, so i'm probably gonna get a tub based on your review--

and the CGC flavor i had high hopes for too.. maybe i'll come across a sample of that so i can try before i buy..
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  158 lbs.

Just curious if you have ever tried ATW's CinnamonBun flavor?
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'3"  135 lbs.

No....not ATW

Quote Originally Posted by traxiz View Post
    Just curious if you have ever tried ATW's CinnamonBun flavor?
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  158 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by rottie76 View Post
    No....not ATW
    That might be why you like it better than me. I'm using what I remember of their version as a benchmark.
  6. NutraPlanet Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

I hated their Cinnamon. Tasted horrible, way too weak.
    Nutraplanet Representative
    PM me with any order questions and concerns
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

I am using NutraPro Frosted Milk right now and really like it.

I plan on grabbing NutraPro Cinna next also based on your review. I've had ATW's Cinnabun and freaking loved it but I'll be keeping my mind open as much as I can. Not too picky, but always a bonus to have good-tasting protein
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.

i got to say the atw cinnamon bun was one of the best tasting proteins ever
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  222 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBigPR View Post
    I hated their Cinnamon. Tasted horrible, way too weak.
    ATW's right?
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  245 lbs.

definitely a good flavor, but the cake batter is a bust in my opinion. I mean ON cake batter isnt the greatest thing in my opinion, but is a lot better than the nutrapro cake batter. I mean I am not a hater, just dont like that flavor
    NOT an IFORCE rep, but their new VMS Protean is amazing. I also dropped 15lbs on the testabolan2 and rev2 stack last month.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

As always, we appreciate everyone's honest reviews positive or negative. Every review helps us bring a better product to the market.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  162 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jr0d View Post
    Agreed, it is my all time favorite. I do have the nutrapro frosted cinnamon now - it is good, but very strong. I like the ATW more, but still enjoy the nutrapro. I have been mixing it with leftover ATW lean&fit vanilla.
  13. NutraPlanet Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by capnsavem View Post
    ATW's right?
    Yes
  14. The Godfather of NUTRAPLANET
    Board Sponsor

As John stated, these critiques helps us to improve our products to give you guys the best tasting and highest quality protein on the market. We encourage and welcome honest and detailed criticism...even the negative ones, because this equips us with the necessary feedback to bring a better product to market.

Who else listens to their customers and willing to do a complete 180 based off customer feedback?

Thanks for the feedback guys and for making NutraPro the #1 selling protein at THE PLANET!
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by stryder View Post
    As John stated, these critiques helps us to improve our products to give you guys the best tasting and highest quality protein on the market. We encourage and welcome honest and detailed criticism...even the negative ones, because this equips us with the necessary feedback to bring a better product to market.

Who else listens to their customers and willing to do a complete 180 based off customer feedback?

Thanks for the feedback guys and for making NutraPro the #1 selling protein at THE PLANET!
    Im very appreciative of the fact that you guys are so open to feedback, and would gladly continue to give you my business for knowing that my criticism means something. I love the idea of Nutrapro, but as Ive mentioned...Cinnamon Bun needs some work in my humble opinion.
  16. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by jr0d View Post
    I actually just threw away 4.5 pounds of it. Seriously. Did not sit well with me.
  17. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by stryder View Post

That is a good attitude, and i am glad you are listening to this feedback.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.

I too just purhcased NutraPro frosted cinnamon and it was a bit sweet for my taste. I would like to have a more pronounced cinnamon flavor and less focus on trying to create that frosted "sweetness". I will still drink it but I am surely going to dilute it with more water than I normally would. Also, I may add in a bunch of cinnamon to the big tub and shake it around to see if that helps.

Chocolate Peanut butter is good so far though I have not had it as a shake just yet; only in my nighttime concoction of almond butter, cottage cheese and NP protein. Actually, it goes better with this than the chocolate that I just finished; will update how the shake is after I have mine today.
  19. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by oufinny View Post
    I too just purhcased NutraPro frosted cinnamon and it was a bit sweet for my taste. I would like to have a more pronounced cinnamon flavor and less focus on trying to create that frosted "sweetness". I will still drink it but I am surely going to dilute it with more water than I normally would. Also, I may add in a bunch of cinnamon to the big tub and shake it around to see if that helps.

Chocolate Peanut butter is good so far though I have not had it as a shake just yet; only in my nighttime concoction of almond butter, cottage cheese and NP protein. Actually, it goes better with this than the chocolate that I just finished; will update how the shake is after I have mine today.
    I am starting to wonder if there is some sort of inconsistencies in the flavoring.

In what i received, there is no way, anymore cinnamon would be tolerable, and i am a big fan of cinnamon..lol It actually has that spice/heat that cinnamon candies/gum have, and none of that smooth, sweet cinnamon taste that you would find in things like cinnamon flavored oatmeal, cookies, cinnamon rolls, etc.

It is not really overly sweet, and all you really taste is the overpowering heat/bite of the cinnamon. It is kind of odd, because you don't expect to have that in a protein shake.
  20. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by imprezivr6 View Post
    I am starting to wonder if there is some sort of inconsistencies in the flavoring.

In what i received, there is no way, anymore cinnamon would be tolerable, and i am a big fan of cinnamon..lol It actually has that spice/heat that cinnamon candies/gum have, and none of that smooth, sweet cinnamon taste that you would find in things like cinnamon flavored oatmeal, cookies, cinnamon rolls, etc.

It is not really overly sweet, and all you really taste is the overpowering heat/bite of the cinnamon. It is kind of odd, because you don't expect to have that in a protein shake.
    I tend to agree the cinammon flavor in mine is way strong but its still good.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by imprezivr6 View Post

I will have to have it one more time but all I remember tasting is frosted sweetness as opposed to a strong cinnamon flavor. I do really like the chocolate peanut butter, had it a few times now and very impressed. NP you hit a home run with Chocolate Peanut Butter!
  22. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

I will have to have it one more time but all I remember tasting is frosted sweetness as opposed to a strong cinnamon flavor. I do really like the chocolate peanut butter, had it a few times now and very impressed. NP you hit a home run with Chocolate Peanut Butter!
    Believe me you would know, if you had something similar to what i have..lol

Take a half a teaspoon or so of powder, throw it in your mouth(on your tounge). Report back with your thoughts on its cinnamon content/taste.

Quote Originally Posted by kmcart View Post
    I tend to agree the cinammon flavor in mine is way strong but its still good.
    Yea, it is not bad at all, definitely tolerable, just not what i would expect.
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'3"  135 lbs.

For those of you who make your own protein bars, the cinnamon adds a nice kick to them. Great on keto!
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

ahmm..mouth watering i'd like to try that someday.
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.

For those of you who make your own protein bars, the cinnamon adds a nice kick to them. Great on keto!
    If you have a good recipe please post it!
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'3"  135 lbs.

Here's the basic recipe to make 1 small protein bar

1 scoop NutraPro
    1 tablespoon natural crunchy Peanut Butter
    1 tablespoon water
    sprinle grapenuts

Mix is with your fingers, it should be thick - doughy like, add a lil more water if needed but not much. Then roll in some grapenuts for crunch, and wrap in plastic foil. Freeze overnight

I usually make a huge batch, using a lot more of everything but this is the basic formula.

If you have a good recipe please post it!
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  261 lbs.

Here's the basic recipe to make 1 small protein bar

1 scoop NutraPro
    1 tablespoon natural crunchy Peanut Butter
    1 tablespoon water
    sprinle grapenuts

Mix is with your fingers, it should be thick - doughy like, add a lil more water if needed but not much. Then roll in some grapenuts for crunch, and wrap in plastic foil. Freeze overnight

I usually make a huge batch, using a lot more of everything but this is the basic formula.

YES!! I have to try this. I never thought to make my own protein bars!!
    **** Line @ NUTRAPLANET

All posts are for entertainment purposes only.

Need2slin... NOM NOM NOM :yup:
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  222 lbs.

gonna try the homemade protein bars with the choc milk flavor, and possibly the vanilla micellar casien from truprotein...
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  163 lbs.

Been using the Frosty Milk Chocolate flavor and I gotta say I love it. Tastes great and I look forward to drinking it after a workout. If a bunch of people are saying that the frosted cinnamon bun is alittle too sweet, I'm just going to stay with frosty milk chocolate flavor.
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Nice on the recipe, will be trying that soon

I got my Cinnabun NutraPro in the mail a few days ago...tastes gggrreeeaatttt

IMHO, you can't compare ATW's Cinnabun(loved it, really sweet tasting though) and NPs Cinnabun. Not because one is better or worse, but the flavor as a whole is so different. ATW seemed to focus on the sweet yummyness but NP seems focused on the cinnamony goodness. I personally like NPs better, but both of them did a great job
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-13-2011, 03:13 PM
  2. NutraPro Naturals Apple Cinnamon
    By appleyard777 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-28-2011, 01:45 PM
  3. Nutrapro Frosted Cinnamon Bun
    By soontobbeast in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-21-2010, 03:32 PM