Nutraplanet Whey Review...with a crappy video of mixability!

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
Let me preface this by saying thanks for letting me try out the stuff and as part of being thankful, I made a ****ty little video to try and show this stuff mixibility.

I was very impressed with how mixable it all was. I mean, it was just powder and water that didnt collapse or clump up. Mixed as good as PP's BCAAs. I did use a little mixer ball thing but I dont think that did much here. You can hear it being shook. This seems to be the real deal. Only tried two flavors so far, vanilla and lime. More to come.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrOS-AfMVmw"]YouTube- Nutraplanet's New Whey Protein[/ame]

Vanilla: Tasted awesome. On par with the best vanilla wheys out there. Way better than dymatize and ON IMO, on par or better than American Whey, my current whey of choice.

Lime: I drank it and wondered where the flavor was? Tasted flat or majorly dilluted to say the least and I used less water than the vanilla. It was not bad, but it wasnt good.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
cool video. The mixability issue seems to be a real bonus from all the reviews thus far.

My feeling on flavors like a lime is that they can be hit or miss dependant upon the consumer.

Thanks for the review

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
dude, not that $hitty! looks like it mixes great. all us Nutra folx know they wont let us down.

MHA

Awards
  • Established
How does this stuff compare to myofusion? I love the tast of myofusion but hate how it mixes with a spoon

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
How does this stuff compare to myofusion? I love the tast of myofusion but hate how it mixes with a spoon
Will mix completely with a spoon, no problem.

The flavors are really impressive too. Give 'em a try when they're out. :smirk:

crpav

crpav

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the review and the video. I really can't stand whey in water so stick to skim milk and ice in a shake/smoothie.

I wish a company would/could make a white chocolate flavor or better yet a cheesecake flavor.

2k2ser

Awards
  • Established
I'm waiting for the chocolate to hit the shelves. ATW is always OOS lately.

rottie76

Awards
  • Established
The chocolate is the best!! and so is strawberry. Myofusion doesn't even come close in taste, mixability, and overall nutritional profile.

I'm counting days till it comes out :D

sncaufield

Awards
Well...I meant for the choco and strawberry IMHO ;)
Yeah I know. Not saying you're wrong because taste is subjective but Myofusion is one of the top 3 tasting proteins on the market. I would vote it number one personally. The strawberry flavor specifically. No way that sample came even close to Myofusion in my opinion. Although, it was very good and I would need more servings to give a more effective long lasting review.

atjnutrition2

Awards
  • Established
Texas thanks for the review so far. The release day is getting closer as we speak. The labels are done...just waiting for the production run to be finished out. We still look good for the end of the month.

zwa004

zwa004

Awards
I don't know if y'all are allowed to divulge such info, but how many tubs will be available in the first run? Because let me put it this way, I'm getting my student refund check Friday and a while a sizable chunk is going to be saved, the rest will go to my next round of whey and I want to make sure everyone else can enjoy this stuff asap.

rottie76

Awards
  • Established
Are you buying for the whole campus? :shocked:

I don't know if y'all are allowed to divulge such info, but how many tubs will be available in the first run? Because let me put it this way, I'm getting my student refund check Friday and a while a sizable chunk is going to be saved, the rest will go to my next round of whey and I want to make sure everyone else can enjoy this stuff asap.

atjnutrition2

Awards
  • Established
Looking at an initial run of 400 choc. 200 van. 200 straw. and 200 watermelon (fruit punch)

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thats a good size run, and should allow for a bit for everyone

zwa004

zwa004

Awards
Are you buying for the whole campus? :shocked:
Nah, I think our football and basketball team have musclemilk on tap.

A few of my friends want some and I'm getting one of every flavor for myself. All my workout buds are unnaware of how cost effective and high quality Nutraplanet is and I'm helpin them out. Is there a reference bonus??

atjnutrition2

Awards
  • Established
phantom,

We decided the fruit punch tastes more like watermelon so we are releasing it as watermelon. It got some really good reviews and made it into the initial run based on those reviews.

rottie76

Awards
  • Established
Are them proteins in production yet? I'm assuming we'll be able to buy next week - correct?

atjnutrition2

Awards
  • Established
rottie, the initial run is in production and we're still on target for a launch date of 4/1. We had just a little hold up with the labels.

atjnutrition2

Awards
  • Established
Thinking about doing a pre-sale sometime next week....any thoughts on this?

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
Strawberry was pretty good, I cant compare it to anything since Ive never gotten it with anyone else before, and fruit punch aka watermelon wasnt bad at all. Semi-reminded me of dymatizes' (in a good way). More to come. Sorry to be brief but not sure what to elaborate on. Im tempted to mix something with milk to test that mixability. Will report if I do.

So far, vanilla is the leader for my first order.

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
"Is the space pope reptillian?"

(What show is it from...e-cookies for those who know)

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
Futurama, duh lol. Gotta love bender.
I love that show. So much.

Anyways, tried Peach and Chocolate last.

Peach was amazing. I loved it. Thought it tasted great. Would like to see nutra make it.

Chocolate was great as well, better than most chocolates out there. Again, I dont think that needed to be said.

More importantly, I mixed the chocolate in 8oz milk. Shook it for about 5-10 second range. No mixer ball, nothing. Mixed perfectly, no clumps. Im impressed.

In summery, I loved vanilla, strawberry, peach, chocolate, and fruit punch was alright.

Lime was kinda meh, but I just expect a little zest I guess. It wasnt bad, but it wasnt real good either. Watermelon/Fruit Punch could use some work but again, Id still buy it. Thats my unbiased review summary. Enjoy yall! This stuff will be my new whey for sure, and not just becuase I lucked into being a tester.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks for taking the time to make a review Tex.

crpav

crpav

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like Peach is a real winner and want it for sure. Wish it was being made available right away. Please, please, please make it Nutraplanet.

atjnutrition2

Awards
  • Established
We will take a look at Peach again when we do the second run.

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
Maybe its the southerner in me but I love peaches.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think some of the more popular flavors will be looked at as a possibility once the sales numbers are assessed

atjnutrition2

Awards
  • Established
Banana will be one we look at....if we can do a great tasting cheesecake flavor, I might never eat whole foods again...I'd just have protein shakes all day. That's a flavor I'd like to see myself.

NutraPlanet CS

NutraPlanet CS

NP Supplement Pimp
Awards
  • Established
Maybe its the southerner in me but I love peaches.
Good ol Georgia boy (I'm guessing?)....there "ain't" nothin like the good ol south. :)

I personally mixed the Peach flavor with the Vanilla and it was freaking delicious. Honestly, I felt that it could of used a bit more flavor, but I did use a little more water than I probably needed to use. Though, even compared to Isopure & Nectar, I have never seen a protein mix so well!

zwa004

zwa004

Awards
I think some of the more popular flavors will be looked at as a possibility once the sales numbers are assessed
I know is ridiculously early and y'all have gotten a lot of suggestions for flavor, but I'd make homemade protein ice cream out of a cake batter flavor :eek5:

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
Good ol Georgia boy (I'm guessing?)....there "ain't" nothin like the good ol south. :)

I personally mixed the Peach flavor with the Vanilla and it was freaking delicious. Honestly, I felt that it could of used a bit more flavor, but I did use a little more water than I probably needed to use. Though, even compared to Isopure & Nectar, I have never seen a protein mix so well!
I felt that a lot of them could have used more but yeah. Nectar is something Id tell you to try and replicate. And bud...check my name for my location. :silly::drive:

atjnutrition2

Awards
  • Established
NutraPro pre-sale in about 30 min!!!!!! We're going streaking!!!!! --wait, that was for another thread.