NutraPlanet's Own Protein - Samples Review

rottie76

Awards
  • Established
When I got home tonight, there was a package at my door from NP with samples of the new "home-made" whey protein.

Flavors I will be reviewing are: Chocolate, Vanilla, Strawberry, Lime, Peach, and Fruit Punch.

Chocolate - Uhhhmmm....delicious! I'm not a chocolate fan but this is pure heaven. Mixed it with 8 oz of light soymilk and it dissolved after a few stirs with a teaspoon. Nice, thick consistency, not too sweet, and very easy to digest - no bloating or gas (I have lactose intolerance)

Now that I think of it - it tasted like a chocolate ice cream without all the sugars and fat, such a nice treat! :yumyum: Since it doesn't require a blender, this makes it very portable and would be great to have in the office for a quick snack or take to school.

It was so good I drank it all with milk :08: sorry didn't get a chance to mix with water but maybe someone else will.

Stay tuned....more to come!

To be continued......

sncaufield

Awards
Does CA mean cali or canada? Either way, you got those really fast...

rottie76

Awards
  • Established
I don't know about the price but I'm pretty sure that NP would give us a deal. Maybe it'll be part of the upcoming sale... :06:

Yes, mixability is a big issue for me as well and was pleasantly surprised that it didn't make any clumps. 5 stars right there...

Wow, great review so far any word on the price?

You had me sold at the fact no blender needed.

atjnutrition2

Awards
  • Established
Saw a question about price....we are looking at VERY competitive pricing. I think everyone will be pleased with the price.

Rottie, thanks for the post so far. To me, the chocolate mixed with water tasted like a yoohoo.

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for asking again lol, but when is the eta?

agurkas

Awards
OK, so when the heck it is coming out. I am on my last 5lb package of protein and I need to order ASAP. I am holding off for you guy to put Xtend on sale and either ATW or Dymatize protein on sale. But if NP own protein has good protein profile and tastes as the other two brands, I will buy your stuff. You guys been good to me :)

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sorry for asking again lol, but when is the eta?
We're shooting for 3 weeks...around the end of the month. Just wanted to get feedback from customers to make sure we're on the right track. So far so good :D

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
OK, so when the heck it is coming out. I am on my last 5lb package of protein and I need to order ASAP. I am holding off for you guy to put Xtend on sale and either ATW or Dymatize protein on sale. But if NP own protein has good protein profile and tastes as the other two brands, I will buy your stuff. You guys been good to me :)
Don't think we'll have it out by the time you run out...but we appreciate the loyalty! :thumbsup:

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
great review! Looking forward to seeing thoughts on all flavors

I agree as well, mixability is a huge issue. Nothing worse than drinking an entire shaker cup of protein to realize there is still all this dried out protein at the bottom :aargh:

rottie76

Awards
  • Established
Vanilla -

This morning, following a 3 am workout, I mixed the vanilla sample into 1/2 cup of steel cut oats prepared with water. It dissolved after a few stirs with a spoon, again - no clumps whatsoever. :cool3: It has a nice, mild and pleasant taste with no chemical undertone, unlike the Muscletein (GAT) I've been drinking lately.

It was a bit watery but still very filling. I usually have to add a tsp. of natty PB to make the oatmeal "stick to my ribs" so this is a plus.

Digestability gets 10 points, no bloat or stinky :fart:

I've tried many different vanilla proteins over the years but this one is the best! The only issue I can think of is that the flavor is too mild.....but I guess a few drops of vanilla extract or even adding a few drops of vanilla flavored Splenda would do the trick.

More flavors to be reviewed later today... :food:

mildot

Awards
I am looking for a chocolate with better taste to mix with almond butter, nat peanut butter, or nutella. So far I cannot find any choc that is decent in water. They all remind me of water from a poorly filtered city tap. All the Whey and T~P (mods might not like me spelling out the name) are satisfactory. But I want more than just acceptable since I consume at least 8 pounds of whey a month. Think I will give this a try.

rottie76

Awards
  • Established
Yes, the NP chocolate is definitely a keeper. I'll be getting a 5 lb tub when this gets released. OMG - this mixed with Nutella :fingersx: I'd get addicted...

I am looking for a chocolate with better taste to mix with almond butter, nat peanut butter, or nutella. So far I cannot find any choc that is decent in water. They all remind me of water from a poorly filtered city tap. All the Whey and T~P (mods might not like me spelling out the name) are satisfactory. But I want more than just acceptable since I consume at least 8 pounds of whey a month. Think I will give this a try.

atjnutrition2

Awards
  • Established
Ok guys, here's the basic profile:

Serving Size: 28.40 grams
Servings per Container: ~80

Calories

Calories from Fat
Total Fat
1 g

Saturated Fat
1 g

Trans Fat
0 g
Cholesterol
21 mg

Total Carbohydrate
1 g

Dietary Fiber
1 g

Sugars
1 g

Calcium
144 mg

Phosphorus
78 mg

Sodium
36 mg

Potassium
151 mg

Protein
22 g

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If the NP one does not do it for you, I love the Champion Pure Whey stack Chocolate. NP sells it last time I checked, most real chocolate flavor I have come by that mixes extremely well in water. Pricey but worth it if flavor is your main gripe. I do want to try the NP protein but not knowing the types of protein in it has me wondering... not in a bad way though!

atjnutrition2

Awards
  • Established
This is a whey blend...I'll get the exact ratios for you as soon as I can.

atjnutrition2

Awards
  • Established
Looking at a few different names right now....gotta be sure we don't infringe on any trademarks.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
Vanilla -

This morning, following a 3 am workout, I mixed the vanilla sample into 1/2 cup of steel cut oats prepared with water. It dissolved after a few stirs with a spoon, again - no clumps whatsoever. :cool3: It has a nice, mild and pleasant taste with no chemical undertone, unlike the Muscletein (GAT) I've been drinking lately.

It was a bit watery but still very filling. I usually have to add a tsp. of natty PB to make the oatmeal "stick to my ribs" so this is a plus.

Digestability gets 10 points, no bloat or stinky :fart:

I've tried many different vanilla proteins over the years but this one is the best! The only issue I can think of is that the flavor is too mild.....but I guess a few drops of vanilla extract or even adding a few drops of vanilla flavored Splenda would do the trick.

More flavors to be reviewed later today... :food:

Cool.

Actually, vanilla is the absolute hardest flavor to get right when it seems like it should be the easiest.

Real vanilla is an incredibly complex of chemicals and constitutes. Trying to replicate that in a lab is a serious chore. If any of your wives are bakers, check the price on real vanilla extract next time; it is usually about $10 for 2-4 ounces.

My house actually goes through so much of it, that when we went to Mexico last year, the only thing we brought back was vanilla - about a half gallon of it - as it is so cheap down there with local producers.

Anyway, long story short is if our vanilla is on, it is very good news.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
NutraPlanet Protein line. Who'da thunk it? It's like those Monkey can read minds too. ;)

FWIW - My dreams have come true.

Time to dream another dream.

Thanks Sam, Matt and crew!

rottie76

Awards
  • Established
Fruit Punch -

Expecting a Pepto Bismol flavor, I reluctantly mixed the fruit punch sample with 8 oz of ice cold water. This was at the office and I don't keep a spoon at my desk so had to gently shake the plastic cup, anticipating swallowing chunks of undissolved stuff. But no...it dissolved instantly in a matter of seconds!! Wow!! :shocked: All I can say is amazing! I've never had a protein (blend) that would dissolve completely.

Taste - delicious, refreshing, more of a berry taste. Definitely something to have post-workout, it was very, very good. Not as filling as the vanilla I had this morning but perhaps because I only used water :doh:

Digestability - no bloating, no farts, can't believe there's no added enzymes.

Wonderful product - good job Nutra! :clap2: Deserves 9.5 points out of 10 (gotta leave some room for the other flavors)

More tonight.....

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
Now i just feel like you're teasing us lol.
Keep the reviews coming, looks like i wont be loading up
on one flavor to be safe, im gonna get all 3!

rottie76

Awards
  • Established
I know...seriously. Wish my kitchen was bigger...it already looks like a pharmaceutical lab :aargh4:

Now i just feel like you're teasing us lol.
Keep the reviews coming, looks like i wont be loading up
on one flavor to be safe, im gonna get all 3!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fruit Punch -

Expecting a Pepto Bismol flavor, I reluctantly mixed the fruit punch sample with 8 oz of ice cold water. This was at the office and I don't keep a spoon at my desk so had to gently shake the plastic cup, anticipating swallowing chunks of undissolved stuff. But no...it dissolved instantly in a matter of seconds!! Wow!! :shocked: All I can say is amazing! I've never had a protein (blend) that would dissolve completely.

Taste - delicious, refreshing, more of a berry taste. Definitely something to have post-workout, it was very, very good. Not as filling as the vanilla I had this morning but perhaps because I only used water :doh:

Digestability - no bloating, no farts, can't believe there's no added enzymes.

Wonderful product - good job Nutra! :clap2: Deserves 9.5 points out of 10 (gotta leave some room for the other flavors)

More tonight.....

this is awesome. I am a HUGE fan of all things fruit punch, so I was eager to see a review on it.

looking forward to seeing the rest of your reviews

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
ok just ordered some Combat, so this will come out and i can grab this towards the end of that tub

rottie76

Awards
  • Established
Strawberry -

Stirred into 6 oz of light soymilk to make a milkshake. This one had a bit of trouble dissolving, it eventually did but it just took longer. Maybe I'm just getting spoiled.. :scratchchin:

It smells wonderful and tastes just like Nesquick flavored milk. It has a very strong strawberry flavor which is slightly artificial, but mixing it with milk will smooth it out nicely. :hump:

Digestability - as it proved with all the other flavors, no problems at all. No bloating or gas.

It's been a while since I had strawberry Myofusion so it's hard to compare but I'd give it a try....so far it gets 8.5 out of 10 points.

Peach -

Decided to use skim milk instead of water. I usually mix the "peachy keen" flavor of Nectar in water but since Nutra's is a blend I chose milk.

Mixability - nice and easy with a spoon, made a smooth milk shake.

Taste - rather bland compared to the strawberry. :sad3: but OK, has a nice yet subtle peachy flavor.

Digestability - very good! as it proved with all the other flavors.

This one gets 5.0 out of 10

So far, chocolate is the winner! :biggthumpup: It was absolutely fantastic and I can't wait to buy at least 5 lb. It's a tie between vanilla and fruit punch, then strawberry and peach. I haven't tried lime yet so will post a review tomorrow.

Would love to see what a chocolate peanut butter would taste like. But then again, the combination could make it so good for people to get addicted. :head:

rottie76

Awards
  • Established
Lime -

Having mixed expectations I mixed the lime sample with 6 oz of cold water and stirred with a spoon a few times. I dissolved almost instantly and to my surprise turned into light green opalescent liquid. Hmmm...first sip :eek5:

Taste - slightly bitter, definitely not too sweet, and it lacked the sour taste I'd expect from a lime...

Mixability - dissolved after several stirrs with a teaspoon, not instantly but almost... :ponder:

Digestability - like with all the other flavors, no issued to speak of. Wonderful -finally a protein that doesn't cause stinky farts or bloating.

Overall - lime gets a 2.0 out of 10.0 :thinking: It doesn't have the most appealing look to it either....sorry.

OVERALL REVIEW AND RATING

1. Winner :usaribbon: Chocolate - Can't say enough good words about it. Doesn't need any tweaks or modifications, NP - please slap a label on it and let us buy it!

2. Runner-Up - Strawberry - Delicious :yumyum: think strawberry milkshake from your favorite fast food place. Pure delight, nice color, very flavorful, something to splurge on every day without any guilt.

3. Vanilla - It's good but rather bland. If anything can be done to enhance the flavor, that'd be great! Otherwise it's perfect.

4. Fruit Punch - Great tasting protein mixed with water, I hope it gets released as this would be perfect on a cut or even a keto diet. The flavor is very refreshing with no aftertaste.

5. Peach -this ain't a juicy Georgia peach because the flavor is rather mild, or shall we say bland...needs more work.

6. Lime - don't think this would be a good seller. Maybe on St. Patrick's Day or perhaps use to make guilt-free key lime pie.

I'll be eagerly anticipating the date when those become available to buy.

Thank you NutraPlanet for creating such a great product! :arms:

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
good review rottie. I am impressed with what I hear so far. Dying to try a bit of fruit punch myself, I agree, that has the potential to be a huge seller

gnetics18

Awards
Great reviews man it, I agree the lime wasnt my fav but it could some in handy as a slush mix. However I dont think it will be a "top-seller" and I agree completly Choc. Is my fav so far, perfect flavor power and taste great,mixes easy.

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the thorough and honest feedback rottie...this greatly helps us bring quality products to the market!

atjnutrition2

Awards
  • Established
Rottie...thanks for the great reviews. Your honesty is truly appreciated.

rottie76

Awards
  • Established
It was a pleasure to test all that delightful protein. Can't wait to buy a few tubs :eek:uttahere:

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I was really excited when I thought this was for pepto-pro.

rottie76

Awards
  • Established
That's great!! :35: I'll have to wait till I get home from work tonight, hopefully it won't be all gone...