canadians:customs and seizing

andrewT

andrewT

Awards
How much do you Canadians usually spend from the planet? any of you guys get stuff seized? how about customs?

I was looking to pick up some recoverpro, glycobol, slin sane, some rpn stuff and maybeee 6-bromo. I know carnitine is not allowed in Canada and BB.com won't even let you check out with that stuff in your cart.
I usually order from BB.com and there is never any hassles.

Thanks
Andrew

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
Pick USPS...you should be fine...Nutra has an awesome rep for getting orders through to Canadians.

legalizejuice

legalizejuice

Awards
I've NEVER had products seized. Whether it's from NP, or BB.com, DA nutrition. I've ordered everything and anything. Just received my order from NP 4x ATP tabs, 3x DCP, Quadracarn. Never had a problem. ORDER MY BROTHER, ORDER!!!!!

legalizejuice

legalizejuice

Awards
I think my shipping came to 35 bucks. Aprox. As long as it get to my front door, that's all that matters. 35 bucks or 135 bucks. I'll still order.

Canuckguy

Awards
Yeah I always go USPS and I've never had a problem either.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have had stuff siezed with USPS but not from NutraPlanet. Never had anything siezed using FEDEX. and it gets here in 24 hours.

If you use USPS make sure you use Express or it is not traceable. I have had orders disapear...

moats

Awards
I always seem to have problems with ordering from this site using USPS. I have had one package seized and returned to NP, for L-Carnitine in Banish BCFC and Yohimbe in Mood Swing, however the same stuff went through a week later. Also, I always get dinged with taxes (GST & PST) plus a handeling fee. No problems (fees or seizures) with orders from bb.com. As a result I try to avoid odering from here, which sucks because NP has the best reps and great prices on bulks, plus they have stuff you cannot get elsewhere.

andrewT

andrewT

Awards
I always seem to have problems with ordering from this site using USPS. I have had one package seized and returned to NP, for L-Carnitine in Banish BCFC and Yohimbe in Mood Swing, however the same stuff went through a week later. Also, I always get dinged with taxes (GST & PST) plus a handeling fee. No problems (fees or seizures) with orders from bb.com. As a result I try to avoid odering from here, which sucks because NP has the best reps and great prices on bulks, plus they have stuff you cannot get elsewhere.
I had a feeling someone would say that, and that is EXACTLY what I don't want. I don't understand how BB.com stuff never gets taxed or customs, etc. Maybe BB.com has an agreement set up with the border?:dunno:

moats

Awards
If I didn't get dinged with customs and taxes, I would always order from here instead!

methodice

methodice

Awards
  • Established
Does nutra adjust the product values so there is less trouble with Canadian taxes?

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have had stuff siezed with USPS but not from NutraPlanet. Never had anything siezed using FEDEX. and it gets here in 24 hours.

If you use USPS make sure you use Express or it is not traceable. I have had orders disapear...

I've had the exact same experience; never once had a package from NutraPlanet seized when sending it to Canada. And never hit with duties from USPS either

atjnutrition2

Awards
  • Established
In reference to shipping to Canada, we are currently looking at a new solution to help solve both the problems with customs and with the duties and taxes. We will hopefully have an answer within a couple of weeks. Until that occurs, I would recommend USPS as we have had fewer problems with getting packages through customs with them as opposed to Fed Ex. We will certainly honor any request to use Fed Ex.

I want to assure all of our supporters in Canada that fixing these issues is at the top of our list.

moats

Awards
I'm pretty sure bb.com uses Canada Post (a link at the top of this forum page) and I never pay customs or taxes using them. Hopefully, you guys can set something up with them.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well they always have taken any free samples and extras Nutraplanet has sent, but I have got all the stuff I ordered. Fedex takes 2-3 days to get here and it takes USPS like 2 weeks sometimes longer! Plus everytime I get a package I have to pay an extra $15 at the door.

Blacktail

Blacktail

Awards
  • Established
Well they always have taken any free samples and extras Nutraplanet has sent, but I have got all the stuff I ordered. Fedex takes 2-3 days to get here and it takes USPS like 2 weeks sometimes longer! Plus everytime I get a package I have to pay an extra $15 at the door.
Like they took the samples out of the box and kept them?! Thats weird man.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Like they took the samples out of the box and kept them?! Thats weird man.
Yes and more then once, I talked to Nutraplanet and they added 2 free T-shirts with free samples in the next order and they also took them. So Nutraplanet for the next order Put them through as I paid for them so they wouldn't take it.

Blacktail

Blacktail

Awards
  • Established
Yes and more then once, I talked to Nutraplanet and they added 2 free T-shirts with free samples in the next order and they also took them. So Nutraplanet for the next order Put them through as I paid for them so they wouldn't take it.
WTH lol?! They took the T-shirts?!! I have never got one from NP ....maybe they be pirating meh stuff too!!!!:chairshot: I will have to peruse my order slips more carefully from now on....

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
WTH lol?! They took the T-shirts?!! I have never got one from NP ....maybe they be pirating meh stuff too!!!!:chairshot: I will have to peruse my order slips more carefully from now on....
Ya I hate customs now lol

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah they will steal, that's why if you don't track your packages they often disappear. :dunno:

andrewT

andrewT

Awards
In reference to shipping to Canada, we are currently looking at a new solution to help solve both the problems with customs and with the duties and taxes. We will hopefully have an answer within a couple of weeks. Until that occurs, I would recommend USPS as we have had fewer problems with getting packages through customs with them as opposed to Fed Ex. We will certainly honor any request to use Fed Ex.

I want to assure all of our supporters in Canada that fixing these issues is at the top of our list.
has anything been done about this?

I am mainly worried about seized goods/duties

niCe99

niCe99

Awards
  • Established
has anything been done about this?

I am mainly worried about seized goods/duties
you do get charged with duties/custom fees at the door but i find most stuff goes over customs easily