What's better before bed - bulk carboxy or Casein protein? - AnabolicMinds.com

What's better before bed - bulk carboxy or Casein protein?

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

What's better before bed - bulk carboxy or Casein protein?

I read that the carboxy should be taken on an empty stomach before bed, but I was going to take casein protein before bed too. Which one would you take? Or, can they be taken together? Thanks.

Dave

2. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by toosmall View Post
    I read that the carboxy should be taken on an empty stomach before bed, but I was going to take casein protein before bed too. Which one would you take? Or, can they be taken together? Thanks.

Dave
    From science and experience, hydrolyzed caesin is more for bulking, GH and GH release is more fat loss.
    doing my own thang!
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Okay. But like a lot of others, I'm looking to add mass, but shrink wrap my waist line. I'm thinking the fat loss while I sleep would be better?
    •   

4. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Okay. But like a lot of others, I'm looking to add mass, but shrink wrap my waist line. I'm thinking the fat loss while I sleep would be better?
    Unflavored hydrolyzed caesin, keep something in mind, thyroid hormone is a PROTEIN hormone, caesin is slow releasing protein, keeps body anti-catabolic for longer periods of time, GH is mainly for fat loss purposes but WILL keep you full, along with increased LH/FSH and total testosterone production.
    doing my own thang!
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

I think I'm following you. My next question would be dosage. Currently I'm taking 1/3tsp before workout with Jack3d, and then another 1/3tsp. before bed. Is that enough? Thanks for the help!
  6. Elite Member

I think I'm following you. My next question would be dosage. Currently I'm taking 1/3tsp before workout with Jack3d, and then another 1/3tsp. before bed. Is that enough? Thanks for the help!
    If of 1 carboxy, I would go at least 1/2 tsp, especially after 2 weeks of use.
    doing my own thang!
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Great. Thanks again for the help! Wish I would visit this place more often. Then again, when I do, I spend $$! LOL!!
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.

Woulnd't hydrolyzed caesin be rapidly absorbed, and ruin the purpose of casein?
  9. Elite Member

Rapidly Absorbed YES, ruin the purpose NO, make it more efficient YES, hydrolazation is for absorption purposes.
    doing my own thang!
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.

I just eat low fat or no fat cottage cheesewith some natty PB. Seems to stay with me longer than a shake.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

I usually have a cup of cottage cheese before bed too.
  12. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Seriously? Eating before bed has never done anything but make me fat or worse, interupt my sleep with frequent urination and bathroom visits.

Eat sufficient whole food protein throughout the day. Unless your diet is poor you will not go catabolic in the 6 to 8 hours.

If you desire to take the casein then do so with or around you last meal of the day. One to two hours later take the carboxy.

JMHO.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Its all about timing.......lol
  14. Elite Member

Sorry brah, but put pure caesin not flavored caesin, aint gonna get ya fat, now whole food such as cottage cheese is a different story. GH=fat loss, caesin=less more protein in muscles which can lead to increased IGF levels.
    doing my own thang!
  15. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I understand the difference.

My point was the surplus protein (which I believe is overrated) and or calories are better suited for me if I consume them during my waking hours. My endomorph body does not go catabolic nor does it need to stave off catabolism by consuming protein before sleep.

As an observation of the OP's avatar as well as his desire to lose fat, I believe he would be better suited to allow his first meal of the day to be his breakfast
  16. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    I understand the difference.

My point was the surplus protein (which I believe is overrated) and or calories are better suited for me if I consume them during my waking hours. My endomorph body does not go catabolic nor does it need to stave off catabolism by consuming protein before sleep.

As an observation of the OP's avatar as well as his desire to lose fat, I believe he would be better suited to allow his first meal of the day to be his breakfast
    I agree that his main goal would be to lose fat, it all depends what his diet and last meal consist of, as meat is the most digestable source of protein, and YES protein consumption is overated. He said he wanted mass, so protein is more ideal and if done right will not cause fat gain, however if he wants quick fat loss, increasing GH release would be ideal.
    doing my own thang!
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Thanks for the help guys. I'm not looking for overnight fat loss. I know I have to be realistic on my goals. I have a hard time sleeping on an empty stomach. Working nights, my last meal is usually about 4:00am, then I workout at 9:00am and imediately after the workout, I take about 40g. whey, CEE, and gatorade.
  18. Elite Member

Don't use CEE, proven to be uneffective, instead go with either pure mono or chelated creatine.
    doing my own thang!
  19. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

So CEE is no good, or isn't as good? I've got a full 500g. container a friend gave me. Dump it?
  20. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.

So CEE is no good, or isn't as good? I've got a full 500g. container a friend gave me. Dump it?
    As you see from our good bro Chops, CEE is one of the ineffective creatines, chelated creatine is good stuff, so if you can't stomach creapure/micronized creatine monohydrate, then opt for magnesium chelated creatine.
    doing my own thang!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-28-2013, 12:57 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-04-2010, 02:50 PM
  3. Bulk 1-carboxy and bulk cissus RX safe??
    By MrOneEyedBoh in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-14-2009, 04:13 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-02-2007, 07:56 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-04-2007, 03:12 PM