Customs wants more information

lonewolf77

Awards
Hey Guys,

I had placed an international order during the sale period and it has arrived at my customs. Fedex called me yesterday and said they need more information before being able to release the goods since all it had on the invoice provided to them was food supplements. They told me to contact you guys too if you could provide a bit more information, apparently they have contacted you and are awaiting a reply (maybe they tried over the weekend not sure). I have sent them the list of items i have. Is that good enough?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey Guys,

I had placed an international order during the sale period and it has arrived at my customs. Fedex called me yesterday and said they need more information before being able to release the goods since all it had on the invoice provided to them was food supplements. They told me to contact you guys too if you could provide a bit more information, apparently they have contacted you and are awaiting a reply (maybe they tried over the weekend not sure). I have sent them the list of items i have. Is that good enough?
SHould be, yes. Sounds like they want to clear it without having to bust it open, but just needed to know the contents.

lonewolf77

Awards
Yeah they were saying something about they dont usually open or something like that.

sw bill

Awards
Why the hell would they list as food is crazy to me. Food is regulated very closely when coming into the country. I would have a little talk with your source.

lonewolf77

Awards
I am now being asked for more information again!!! This is the email i got from fedex:-

Hi

Customs have excepted the paperwork you’ve supplied but now are requiring the following

For Australian Customs Clearance a fully itemized Commercial

Invoice is required that requires the following amendments:

CI must be in English

Requires full consignee and shipper details inc. valid

telephone #

An individual description of all goods

Quantity of all goods must be stated

Value of all goods even if under repair and/or warranty ($0 is

not acceptable)

Value of repair even if under warranty

Invoice total must match declared value on AWB. Value

discrepancy is $........

Invoice must be clear and readable.

Invoice must also show terms of sale eg. FOB, CIF

Origin of goods required

Currency of invoice required

We are also chasing the shipper for this but please send me anymore paperwork you have to assist for clearance

Thx Diana

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Fedex are noobs, never order through fedex. Worst customs EVER.

lonewolf77

Awards
I went through each item and wrote down exactly the amount i ordered plus the ingredients label / list of each item and they are still not happy. I think nutraplanet will have to talk to them cos i dont have any more details. This was their response now :-

Hi

Sorry to disturb you again, but Customs have rejected that paperwork and still require a itemized invoice for clearance. Please call me asap 61295650737

Kind Rgds

Diana

lonewolf77

Awards
Just spoke with Diana, she said the customs broker requires the information from Nutraplanet and not from me. So i need Nutraplanet to send an official note to them with their letter head etc.

Can someone from nutraplanet please help out because apparently she has sent a few emails to them over the past few days and hasnt gotten a single response yet.

lonewolf77

Awards
My order was about 1200$ US, i wonder if they are trying to tax me for the order or something and thats why they want the itemized invoice, never had any issues with large orders in the past but maybe the customs guy i got this time around is a real ....

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My order was about 1200$ US, i wonder if they are trying to tax me for the order or something and thats why they want the itemized invoice, never had any issues with large orders in the past but maybe the customs guy i got this time around is a real ....
To be honest, I've done orders of $1000 or so...and it's safe, normally no invoice tho, just an ingredient list which nutraplanet provides when i ask them.

Taxes can be charged not only on the 1k limit, but if shipping.. so if your orderi s 1200US + shipping, your order is much bigger and u may be charged... it also at times looks like your bringing in commercial amounts, esp if u got triples of products.. im unsure.. but as u would think a 1200US order would look massive.

:|

lonewolf77

Awards
I placed the 1000$ plus order to get the discount :), i think it was 1280$ after shipping

sw bill

Awards
Why the hell would they list as food is crazy to me. Food is regulated very closely when coming into the country. I would have a little talk with your source.
Ha, sorry didn't notice this was in the np forum, dang iPhones make it hard to see everything.

lonewolf77

Awards
i was wondering why you were referring to nutraplanet as source :)

lonewolf77

Awards
Damn it, just got a call from Fedex, i gotta pay GST, import duty and customs fee. 257$!!!! Not worth going for the 1000$ discount since now i get rorted with fees :(. I guess i should stop ordering from Overseas as much and just order from down under.

lonewolf77

Awards
Wish Nutraplanet could have reduced the invoice to less than a 1000$ :(.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
true they always go out of there way to report everything you ordered
If he had gone USPS, you prob would of had 70% chance of getting away with it, instead he went with FEDEX which let me say, it's written in nearly every AUSSIE thread NOT GO TO WITH FEDEX.

They have separate and unfair custom officers, & hold alot of **** standard custom officers wouldn't.

We've all made mistakes, all lost(well i have)hundreds to even more on importing supplements mate.

Learn from your mistakes, the discount is good, but normally shipping for 1k+ = $150US+.. barely makes it worth it.

Sucks about the order bro, hope at least everything gets through.

:)

lonewolf77

Awards
Yeah i should have gone USPS, I guess i just completely forgot about the 1000$ tax thing plus USPS was about a 100$ more expensive than Fedex with nutra and i had thought since i wasnt ordering anything even resembling something risky and had been ordered a thousand times more that i was safe. I didnt realise they were also fussier when it comes to just invoices and taxes etc etc.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah i should have gone USPS, I guess i just completely forgot about the 1000$ tax thing plus USPS was about a 100$ more expensive than Fedex with nutra and i had thought since i wasnt ordering anything even resembling something risky and had been ordered a thousand times more that i was safe. I didnt realise they were also fussier when it comes to just invoices and taxes etc etc.
it's a government, therefore it exists to take money from people.

giantbrandon

Awards
  • Established
Damn it, just got a call from Fedex, i gotta pay GST, import duty and customs fee. 257$!!!! Not worth going for the 1000$ discount since now i get rorted with fees :(. I guess i should stop ordering from Overseas as much and just order from down under.
thats not cool, but as everyone has said never use fedex, did you order more than 3 months supply on some stuff??

lonewolf77

Awards
Yeah some of the stuff may have been 4 or 5 months. From now on no matter what i will stick with USPS i guess. Although if i had placed a smaller order then perhaps fedex would have been fine or do people feel i should still go with USPS?

pedro321

Awards
USPS only, fedex always delay my orders, I only ever use them if there is no other option.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah no idea why NPs rates r so high for USPS.. i get a flat rate box which fits like 15-20 bottles and 4-5 1kg tubs for $40 FLAT RATE with tracking from a few guys in the US..

I gather NP havent looked into this option or won't use it..

To be honest ... i don't think NP or many sites give a **** about internationals, hence i dont order like i use too.. in 1 yr i did $4000 with NP! But im over products being out of stock and high shipping costs... no discounts either.. if you order 1k in the US, they ship for free, but if your anywhere else.. they dont even give u the $20-40bucks off it may cost to ship it within the US.

If some supplement store in the US actually made an effort for internationals, theyd notice we do BIG orders.. they r losing out on an extra 100-200k turn-over a yr.

But thats my thoughts only.

:D

lonewolf77

Awards
good point actually, i know of a lot of people who do or would want to order from the international stores but got fed up with the shipping prices.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
We have absolutely no room to negotiate with USPS. We make no profit off shipping costs. A few months back we renegotiate with FedEx and managed to bring prices down by almost 30%. We really do care about the international customers, however there is only so much we can do. I'll look into carrying the Flat Rate Priority Mail Boxes.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We have absolutely no room to negotiate with USPS. We make no profit off shipping costs. A few months back we renegotiate with FedEx and managed to bring prices down by almost 30%. We really do care about the international customers, however there is only so much we can do. I'll look into carrying the Flat Rate Priority Mail Boxes.
Yeah, they are tracked also, so I dont see why they couldnt be an option.

Ill give u an example of what fitted in one..

7 x 1kg tubs
25 supplement bottles
$40-45US RATE.

Thats AWESOME.. prob half the price of it currently.. this is to Australia, unsure about others.

Lonewolf, what did u end up buying in such a big order dude?

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hate USPS damn it really this people is a real MF here in my zone
but i no had more options.:squint:

and UPS and Fed Ex never found NOTHING (houses and streets) this
people is going crazy!

lonewolf77

Awards
Multiple bottles of the following :-

Orange Triad (270 tabs)
By: Controlled Labs

Glucosamine HCL Powder (1 kilo)
By: NutraPlanet

Beta-Alanine (1 Kilo)

L-Leucine (1 kilo)

Maca (150 grams)

Mitotropin (180 MitoTABS)
By: Gaspari

Valerian (250 caps/500 mg)
By: NOW Foods

Super Enzymes (180 tabs)

Fenugreek (100 caps/500 mg)

Diesel Test Hardcore Twin Pack (Twin Pack)
By: Get Diesel

Ragnarok Ultra (40 servings)
By: Millennium Sport Technologies
Flavor: Crushing Punch

Ultra Cordygen V02 (120 V02 Caps)
By: Millennium Sport Technologies

ZMA (180 caps)
By: PrimaForce

1,3-Dimethylamylamine (200 caps)
By: PrimaForce

Flavored Stevia Extract (2 fl oz.)