Scoop Size

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
Just recieved my NAC and just wondering what the scoop size was. I also just found out i need another battery for my scale.

As a side note my parcel was sent (to Australia) on the 3rd and i got it today. Very impressed. I also love the new packaging with a scoop included. Very, Very impressed!!

Is it just the Black Label line that has these new features?

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
The scoop size should be one serving; if you look closely there should be a value printed on the scoop, like 1cc.
The black label and also the platinum series have the new labels and scoops.

Booee

Awards
Mine says 1.25 cc, which is a quarter of a teaspoon. For a crystalline substance or a fluffy powder, that should be about 700 milligrams. However, I recently discovered (after purchasing a more sensitive scale) that dense powders can weigh quite a bit more. There was a discussion here recently concerning the measurement of bulk piracetam. I mentioned that both BN’s and NP’s bottles indicated a density of 2.8 grams/teaspoon. It’s actually much higher. After taking repeated samples and applying proper statistical sampling procedures, I came up with a mean density of 4.67 grams/teaspoon. This applies to a level, packed (tamped), struck-off teaspoon of powder in which all the clumps have been broken up. You might want to consider getting a scale instead of measuring by volume. A good scale capable measuring in hundredths of a gram can be had for about $15 on amazon.com. They’re very accurate and very inexpensive now.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
We do have scales to measure for the density. Also crystalline and fluffy powders tend to have different densities. Something like leucine can be 400mg per 1/4tsp. Fitting 1.2g per 1/4tsp is pretty high; I haven't worked with Piracetam but even packed that's pretty dense. If you are really concerned about the density measurement supplied you can always email us and we can re-weight the powder.