Operation Combat Care - AnabolicMinds.com

Operation Combat Care

1. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

Thumbs up Operation Combat Care

I'm surprised that this hasn't been posted here yet. I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds by starting this here thread.

The Planet : A Call For Support: Operation Combat Care
    Posted by stryder

On October 27th 2009, after roadside bombs killed eight soldiers, White House Spokesman, Robert Gibbs issued the following statement of condolence, “As always, our prayers go out to those who have lost a loved one and for those who sacrificed so much to serve our country.”

In the wee hours of Thursday, October 29th 2009, eighteen U.S. Personnel arrived home in flag draped caskets as their families and our President looked on in grief. October 2009 was reported to be the deadliest month of the war since it began eight years ago. Further news reports stated that a total of two hundred, seventy-seven Americans have died this year alone, a forty-three percent increase over last year.

As of September 15th 2009, a total of 176,850 troops have been deployed to the Middle East. Current news reports indicate the possibility of another 40,000 being sent in the near future. These sobering facts, unpleasant as they may be, must call us to action in the support of our service men and women. They need to be reminded of the appreciation that we as a nation have for their sacrifice, dedication, and service.

We at NutraPlanet are taking action by launching Operation Combat Care in efforts to bolster the health and morale of our deployed service men and women by giving them the gift of health…but we need your help! Working in partnership with Operation Gratitude, our goal is to send 25,000 care packages overseas this holiday season. These packages contain the following:

* Blender Bottle (BPA Free)
    * Wool Beanie Headware
    * Protein Meal Replacement Packets
    * Durable 100% Cotton T-Shirt
    * Immune Boosting Vita Drink Mix Packets
    * And More…
    * Over $40 Value

We will be offering these care package kits for the cost of $25. NutraPlanet will also cover the associated freight costs to transport these care packages to Operation Gratitude. Once received by Operation Gratitude, the packaged items will be distributed to our deployed troops overseas.

As a special thank you gift from us, NutraPlanet is also offering free shipping on YOUR order within the continental US, when you purchase one or more care packages. Each care package purchase is tax deductable and helps support our men and women overseas.

As the holidays approach, and we begin making plans to celebrate with our families and loved ones, let us remember those in uniform who left theirs behind to face the unimaginable while we go about our lives. Give them the gift of health this season in the form of care packages specifically designed with products to meet their demanding physical and emotional needs. By building up and fortifying their bodies from the inside, perhaps we can increase their performance and abilities, and ultimately their chances to return to their loved ones.

Please click here to sponsor a Combat Care Package for a deployed soldier overseas.

Thank you!
    Is there a way that we can get a rep to keep us updated on the number of care packages we're able to send? If we can reach the goal of 25,000 units that would be fantastic.

Let's do it!!!

Operation Combat Care Package (1 kit) By: NutraPlanet
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!

2. New Member

I just purchased one.
  3. Board Sponsor

Awesome idea.

I actually had a chance to talk to the folks at NP about this and this is a top priority for them above most everything else right now. I know that one of the CS guys is an ex-marine as well as Dsade having military experience, so this really does hit close to home for everyone at NP headquarters and it is something we really want to see go gangbusters.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  196 lbs.

I just got back from Afghanistan...I am buying one now! (Wish I got one when I was over there! lol)
  5. Advanced Member

So, when we buy one of these does it get shipped to the troops or to us? I don't have anyone serving over there, but if it will just go to somewhere that gets it to our men and women over there I am down.
  6. Board Sponsor

They will be shipped out to Operation Gratitude, who we are partnering with for this event. They will collect all of the care packages and then coordinate getting them to the troops on the ground.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.

They take care of the shipping directly to whereever the troops are. and it is not cheap to ship... having participated in sending our soldiers goodies before. thats where this deal for us is such a steal to do something so nice, all we do is basically pay half for the product...and np does the rest.

btw I would really like a tally or something...maybe to motivate people to buy one.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

Are these packages guaranteed to go to the front lines, and not to a base where they already have daily access to a commissary? They already get all the USO shows, I wan't to know if the guys out there humping it out are receiving these.
  9. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

VERY cool of NP, it would be cool to see if we customers can help the troops, I always willing to help those in need.
    doing my own thang!
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Wow this is a great idea! I have a few friends overseas who would love to get one of these packs. I’m sure each soldier will be extremely grateful. Very cool thing to do!
  11. Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by ward0351 View Post
    Are these packages guaranteed to go to the front lines, and not to a base where they already have daily access to a commissary? They already get all the USO shows, I wan't to know if the guys out there humping it out are receiving these.
    That is a good question, and I am not really sure. I'll see if we can get some more details.
  12. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by custom View Post
    That is a good question, and I am not really sure. I'll see if we can get some more details.
    i'm wondering the same thing
  13. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Thanks for posting this up SB; definitely deserves a thread. We'll try and keep you updated re: the total care package sent.
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ward0351 View Post
    same here.
  15. Registered User

As a marine who served two tours in the Middle East (Iraq), I will definitely jump in on this!!! I think this is awesome of you guys to do this, and my hat goes off to you! Thank you very much for doing this, as many of my brothers are still out there serving on the front lines! I do hope that these packages make it to the troops in "theatre" as we so lovingly call it.
  16. New Member

I would assume that this stuff is going to go out to some of the more remote FOBs where they have very limited access to basic necessities. Some of us were lucky enough to be on bases where it was pretty much business as usual, but one of the Army Captains that works for me has done multiple tours in Afghanistan where they basically lived in tents for months.
  17. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

Same here swole, thats why I wanted to make sure they got out to where the metal hits the meat!

Semper Fi
  18. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

Bump, 2 more care packages out the door.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  19. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  196 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by enswalters View Post
    I would assume that this stuff is going to go out to some of the more remote FOBs where they have very limited access to basic necessities. Some of us were lucky enough to be on bases where it was pretty much business as usual, but one of the Army Captains that works for me has done multiple tours in Afghanistan where they basically lived in tents for months.

Speaking from personal experience; Afghanistan sucks pretty bad...(no matter where you are at). Iraq is business as usual mostly. We had a gym and a PX with the basic essentials..IE, protein, multi Vs and creatine.

so if these packages go to Afghanistan then we need no to worry
  20. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by SSGClev View Post
    Speaking from personal experience; Afghanistan sucks pretty bad...(no matter where you are at). Iraq is business as usual mostly. We had a gym and a PX with the basic essentials..IE, protein, multi Vs and creatine.

so if these packages go to Afghanistan then we need no to worry
    I was in Anbar Province five years ago and we didn't have jack. I'm sure it's changed a lot since then.
    No matter where they go, I'm going to pay for one when I order some protein here soon, it's a good cause either way.
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

Bump
    WHITE WHALE!
  22. The Godfather of NUTRAPLANET

Show your support: Operation Combat Care Supporter Badges

Get yours today!
  23. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

I just purchased one with my staples order. I'm sure the beanie and protein packets will brighten someone's day.
  24. On my grind
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

This is an amazing thing Nutra is doing, being a fellow Marine who has yet to see combat ( although im sure i will get my chance ), i like to see my fellow Marines and military brothers and sisters get what they need or atleast anything that helps.

Semper Fi
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  25. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Thanks for all the donations/support guys, and keep it coming!

Similar Forum Threads

1. i have an operation and im on cycle !!!!!!!!
    By synergy7 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-14-2010, 05:12 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-02-2009, 10:33 AM
  3. Operation Rock Hard: Epi log
    By jjohn in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-30-2008, 08:26 AM
  4. Canadian Health Care vs US Health Care
    By CDB in forum Politics
    Replies: 6