whats up with this bunk phenibut?

Dameech

Awards
i ordered np's powder and phenibut xt and they both look like powdered sugar. i want the table sugar damn it.....anyone order any recently and get a good batch? and if yea what brand was it.

Metalocalypse

Metalocalypse

Awards
I don't want to bash NP, but the phenibut powder I got didn't do squat for me either.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Why would you assume that it is bunk due to texture? Different batches are sure to change color/texture...

I would bring this up directly with NutraPlanet, they can fill you in on their source and origin.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Might want to PM one of the reps...better and quicker process

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
the smaller the grain the more expensive to manufacturer. It also will be faster acting.

propho

Awards
  • Established
the smaller the grain the more expensive to manufacturer. It also will be faster acting.
exactly what i was thinking... also to the guy that said the last didnt do anything.. you sure you didn't build a tolerance?? I know i did when i was taking it. Plus never had any problems with any np bulks and i'm a bulk powder whore..

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
No, not really.

Most powders will either come in a granular or powder type form. Granulars are typically used in dried powder blends while powdered are used in food products and liquid products as it tends to be more soluable in water.

But there should be NO difference in the two in regards to effectiveness.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
I don't want to bash NP, but the phenibut powder I got didn't do squat for me either.
I just bought 50 grams and never taken phenibut before. Will let you know how it goes on this thread.

What properties would like me to report back on, if any?
(nootropic effect, anxiety releif, mood elevation, etc...)

blind12

blind12

Awards
No, not really.

Most powders will either come in a granular or powder type form. Granulars are typically used in dried powder blends while powdered are used in food products and liquid products as it tends to be more soluable in water.

But there should be NO difference in the two in regards to effectiveness.
Strange, but I've heard like 100-s of stories about how stinky crystalline phenibut worked like magic and how fluffy powdered phenibut doesn't do anything to anyone. I don't have an explanation. Maybe the fluffy stuff is micronized, is more bioavailable, hits too fast and the sudden hit downregulates receptor sensitivity or sth ?

Or are there really differences in the chemical composition...

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
just an update.
I took 300mg on friday and nothing happened. waited two days took 1000mg yesterday and nothing. I felt the same as i do always.

NutraPlanet CS

NutraPlanet CS

NP Supplement Pimp
Awards
  • Established
just an update.
I took 300mg on friday and nothing happened. waited two days took 1000mg yesterday and nothing. I felt the same as i do always.
What brand did you use? Do you use Phenibut frequently?

I have personally encountered a lot of people who did not know that you should only use Phenibut 3-4 times per week tops, with at least 3-4 days off.

Personally, I love this product to help promote a very relaxing sleep on those "more stressful" days. I have used NutraPlanet's brand, Primaforce's brand, and Phenibut XT by SNS. I usually dose around 500mg to 1,000mg and they all seem to have the same effect per dose, unless I use them too frequently.

NutraPlanet CS

NutraPlanet CS

NP Supplement Pimp
Awards
  • Established
i ordered np's powder and phenibut xt and they both look like powdered sugar. i want the table sugar damn it.....anyone order any recently and get a good batch? and if yea what brand was it.
Are you stating that Phenibut XT, which is capped, looks like sugar as well? Do either brand taste like sugar? Phenibut does in fact have a sugar-like texture, but it doesn't taste anything like sugar (I wish it did, for Phenibut taste horrible).

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
What brand did you use? Do you use Phenibut frequently?

I have personally encountered a lot of people who did not know that you should only use Phenibut 3-4 times per week tops, with at least 3-4 days off.

Personally, I love this product to help promote a very relaxing sleep on those "more stressful" days. I have used NutraPlanet's brand, Primaforce's brand, and Phenibut XT by SNS. I usually dose around 500mg to 1,000mg and they all seem to have the same effect per dose, unless I use them too frequently.
I have never used phenibut before. The brand i have is nutra's bulk powder.

i only used it twice so far once at 300mg and once at 1000mg and both times i got nothing.Oh and i skipped a day between the doses. I buy bulks from NP all the time never had a problem. I mean if you guys say it's legit, i beleive you. Maybe i just don't respond to it.

Either way i had the phenibut on the way when i saw this thread so i gave my feed back. If you guys get any info on the batch let me know.For now I'll just play with the dosing and if nothing changes i'll just chalk it up to a loss and move on.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Interesting...I would try 2 grams...add in some b vitamins...did you sleep any better? I know when I take phenibut I sleep like a log and normally feel dehydrated the next day...and that is on 1 gram...I have gone up to 3 grams and feel that 2 grams is my magic dose...
I'll try two grams and see if there's a difference.

I wonder if there is any way to get phenibut in certified Gmp...as is nutras new platinum line...
I'd like to know this as well.

Booee

Awards
I have spent dozens of hours trying to find out what has happened to phenibut. What has already been stated here appears to be very true—it affects all phenibut from all retailers. The old stuff had a crystalline texture, and tasted distinctly like tartaric acid, with a sulfurous note. It dissolved freely in water. If not overused, its effects were virtually indistinguishable from benzodiazepines. The new stuff is bull****. It is powdered, and strongly hydrophobic. It has no discernable flavor. If it even has an effect at all, it just makes the user feel fatigued. Despite repeated attempts on my part to secure a response from Bulk Nutrition, they simply refused to acknowledge the issue and eventually just removed the 1fast400 product from their catalog. Every other brand on the market exhibits the same properties as the 1fast400 product. The old crystalline sour phenibut is simply no longer available anywhere. Despite hours of searching for an answer, I have come up with nothing. All I’ve been able to determine is that it all comes from China, and appears to be manufactured by more than one Chinese company. I have ordered one 50-gram bottle of NP’s product and will give it a shot. If it doesn’t work, then I give up. The only plausible theory that I can come up with is this: the old product was phenibut citrate, and was imported from Russia. When it became popular, Russian suppliers couldn’t keep up with the demand and the Chinese stepped in, providing an inferior salt, possibly a HCl. Right now that’s the only explanation I can come up with.

Booee

Awards
The only brand I’ve tried that even seems to come close to our old friend is the Relentless Improvement offering. However, it’s fairly expensive (no bulk, caps only) and definitely is not the old phenibut, despite the fact that it does seem to have some sleep-inducing properties. When I broke open a capsule and tasted it, it had only a slightly sour taste. (The Primaforce brand was completely tasteless; at first I suspected that they had sold me a bottle of cornstarch.) When I tried to dissolve the RI brand, it floated on the surface of the water, unless I violently agitated it, at which point it coated the inside of the glass and the surface of the spoon. It was so hydrophobic that is was unwettable. As I mentioned above, NP is my last resort. I was so impressed with their bulk piracetam that I decided to give them a shot and see if they could produce some real phenibut. To be perfectly honest though, I’m not very optimistic. But I’m not going to hold it against them if they don’t come through for me, since it appears that all manufacturers are exporting an inferior and/or bogus product.

I think I may have found something. Apparently phenibut has several isomers or enantiomorphs. It seems that s-phenibut is not psychoactive. (I tried to provide a cite for this, but I was told that I couldn’t link because my post count wasn’t high enough. Type "comparative pharmacological activity of optical isomers of phenibut" into Google and you’ll get the paper.) This may explain why we’re seeing “guaranteed assays” at 95%+, but the stuff still doesn’t work. It’s phenibut, but it’s not the right type of phenibut.

NutraPlanet CS

NutraPlanet CS

NP Supplement Pimp
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the insight, Booee.

Personally, I'd rather take Phenibut in cap form, seeing that in powdered form, the sour taste lingers for a while, which I do not like. Therefore, I usually grab up a bottle of SNS's Phenibut XT and I have yet to complain. I have used many different brands and this one seems to always work very well for me. I have only used NutraPlanet's brand once (again, I don't like the powder form), but it was about 3/4 a year ago. At that time, it did portray the same great affects of the SNS brand. I'll try out the NutraPlanet brand again this weekend, to see if I notice any difference in effectiveness.

Booee

Awards
I’m getting warmer. Baclofen exists as an s-isomer, an r-isomer, and a racemate—a 50:50 mixture of both. As with phenibut, the s-isomer has no biological activity. Again, the powers-that-be won’t allow me to link, so Google the following press release:

XenoPort Announces Results of a Phase 1 Clinical Trial and Plans for Additional Phase 2 Clinical Trials of XP19986.

Here’s the salient paragraph:

Studies have shown that the beneficial therapeutic properties of baclofen are attributable to the R-isomer of baclofen only. R-baclofen is a selective agonist of GABA-B receptors. Baclofen has a short half-life in blood after oral dosing, which necessitates frequent daily dosing and is associated with unwanted side effects. Absorption of baclofen in the colon is limited, which has prevented the development of a sustained-release formulation that could address these deficiencies.

Booee

Awards
As promised, here’s my assessment of NP’s phenibut. It’s still not as good as the old stuff, but it’s closer than anything else I’ve tried, including Relentless Improvement’s brand, which has a stated purity of 100% as measured by an independent third party. Unlike any other product I’ve tried, NP’s phenibut meets two of the three comparison criteria that I’ve been using: it has a sour taste, and it is freely soluble in water. Every other product I’ve sampled is a hydrophobic powder which simply is not water soluble. NP’s product, however, does not meet the third criterion, namely that it is not crystalline. I estimate that NP’s phenibut is about 50% as potent as the ‘old phenibut,’ as three grams seem to have about the same effect as one and a half grams (1500 mg.) of “phenibut classic,” which was my standard dosage of the old stuff. This lends considerable support to my pet theory of optical isomers, since a racemate is a 50:50 mixture of both psychoactive and non-psychoactive phenibut. Also, before anybody suggests that my results are skewed by habituation, bear in mind that I have not used phenibut at all since June of this year. Bottom line—this appears to be genuine phenibut, albeit a “Lite” product. But it does work.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
For what its worth, I've tried the new NP phenibut and was not impressed. I ordered from another vendor, and it seemed like the same stuff NP had.

Now I tried NP phenibut a year ago and loved it. The new stuff does NOT resemble the old stuff in odor, appearance, taste, or effects. I actually returned the stuff I got from the other vendor for a replacement...and it was the same. It was a powder rather than the normal typical granules.

I think that there is a serious QC problem with the bulk phenibut powder, and its not limited to nutraplanet.

Chops89

Chops89

Awards
  • Established
I have the old phenibut and have been using it for a while every once in a while over the past year. I have also tried primaforce caps about 6-9 months ago. Both has effects but nutras was better. For the last two nights I have tried 3 caps of the phenibut xt by sns. I have to admit that sns is different than what I am used to but it's still good. I will be giving nutras new phenibut a try over the weekend. The question is this, with the old phenibut 1/4tsp=900 mg...how much of the new phenibut does one of the little scoops that came with it equal or how much does 1/4 tsp equal?
1/4tsp = 900mg according to my container (container ordered in June).

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established
For what its worth, I've tried the new NP phenibut and was not impressed. I ordered from another vendor, and it seemed like the same stuff NP had.

Now I tried NP phenibut a year ago and loved it. The new stuff does NOT resemble the old stuff in odor, appearance, taste, or effects. I actually returned the stuff I got from the other vendor for a replacement...and it was the same. It was a powder rather than the normal typical granules.

I think that there is a serious QC problem with the bulk phenibut powder, and its not limited to nutraplanet.
I had the same experience. The new powderized is absolutely nothing compared to the SNS Phenibut I got at Nutraplanet several years ago. I only used it once or twice a week back then and with this new stuff I don't even bother.

It's like drinking non-alcoholic beer but with Phenibut.

nomoredex

nomoredex

Awards
  • Established
i was going to buy some phenibut but i wanted to use it for concentration and social benefits for college. can you stay up while on it or does it make you fall asleep ?

Chops89

Chops89

Awards
  • Established
i was going to buy some phenibut but i wanted to use it for concentration and social benefits for college. can you stay up while on it or does it make you fall asleep ?
Phenibut only makes me tired once I sit down and relax. If I keep active, it doesn't make me tired at all. I actually fell asleep sitting up on the couch with my laptop this past Thursday after a pretty hefty dose.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I have bulk NP phenibut that is several months old and is a fluffy consistency and works like a charm.

login211

Awards
I recently ran out of NP bulk phenibut, here are my experiences with it:

-first time I took about 1g at night and it worked for me, put me in a a very deep sleep
-then it stopped putting me to sleep at night like it did before, i would never take it 2 nights in a row but when i did finally fall asleep it would be a very very deep sleep and i'd almost feel tired in the morning, it was still a very good sleep
-i then started taking it in the morning and in the afternoon and it would give me a solid sleep at night
-it also made me feel more out going and relaxed

i feel that the NP phenibut is legit, as in it did what i expected it to do, and this is coming from someone who is very critical of the supp industry

i wish i had more :/