Fedex to canada - AnabolicMinds.com

Fedex to canada

1. New Member

Fedex to canada

I was just checking and saw that usps and fedex shipping is the same price.

Has anyone here from canada got anything through fedex from Np and if so did you have to pay brokerage fee?

Fedex 1-3 days is as expensive as usps 6-10 days ...

2. MK9

I did Fed-ex to Canada, and did not pay brokerage fees. However I did not spend hundreds of dollars on that shipment, it was a small shipment of 6 items total.
    The weird thing though is that as I tracked my package, it actually made it to Vancouver, and was sent to Tenessee?!! Still it made it in 3 days.
    MK9
  3. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

I've gotten massacred by Fedex, once the order value was marked at $10, was 4lbs of protein, and the handling fees were just under $40. Never had an issue with USPS, definitely the way to go.
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I get amazing service with Fedex and had many problems with USPS.. there are orders that simply would disappear (not NP orders). I get my order sometimes in less than 24 hours ..beat that. Oh yah there are some fees due to customs.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  5. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

I'm ok with delivery on both, but the FedEx fees have a habit of being high for me. Let us know when/if you get your package safely
  6. New Member

weird how things just work out... I am going to the US next week for a few days so I will get everything shipped there... I won't have to experience Fedex or customs then...
  7. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    I've gotten massacred by Fedex, once the order value was marked at $10, was 4lbs of protein, and the handling fees were just under $40. Never had an issue with USPS, definitely the way to go.
    Yeah, I've been burned by FedEx and their "brokerage fees" in the past...$30 fee for a package with a total value of $30???...can't remember if it was an NP order or not but it was enough to make me avoid the option altogether.
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjo View Post
    Yeah, I've been burned by FedEx and their "brokerage fees" in the past...$30 fee for a package with a total value of $30???...can't remember if it was an NP order or not but it was enough to make me avoid the option altogether.
    I always get large orders so the fees always seemed low.
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  9. New Member

Toronto here.

So you guys are saying even with the FedEx international shipping (if you pick the most expensive 1-3 day one)..you have to pay a customs fee??

I'm planning on making an order tommorow....Is this for both of the FedEx options? I know there's one that's about 4 dollars less, which is 4-6 days.
  10. New Member

I've always just ordered small items, but for those Canadians who have ordered big containers (5+lbs) of protein, did you get nailed on shipping/customs or was it the same as any other order?

In my experience Fedex has charges more consistently but they are usually about 15 bucks. USPS on the other hand doesn't charge me 3/4 of the time but the other 1/4 my items arrive two weeks late with 50 bucks of fees. Maybe I've just been unlucky but I always choose Fedex now.
  11. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by lector606 View Post
    I've always just ordered small items, but for those Canadians who have ordered big containers (5+lbs) of protein, did you get nailed on shipping/customs or was it the same as any other order?

In my experience Fedex has charges more consistently but they are usually about 15 bucks. USPS on the other hand doesn't charge me 3/4 of the time but the other 1/4 my items arrive two weeks late with 50 bucks of fees. Maybe I've just been unlucky but I always choose Fedex now.
    By small items you mean, 3-4 bottles of pills as opposed to a container of whey? So you're saying they DON'T charge for customs if that's the case, or they do..but just less?

I'm still confused
  12. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrookedILA View Post
    By small items you mean, 3-4 bottles of pills as opposed to a container of whey? So you're saying they DON'T charge for customs if that's the case, or they do..but just less?

I'm still confused
    I've only ordered things like BCAAs, fishoil, powders in small quantities (beta alanine, tyrosine) and capsules so I was wondering if larger (volume wise) orders would have more charges - say 20lbs of protein. Apart from the base shipping charge of course.

Fedex almost always charges me, but it's never much. USPS is all over the place.
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.

My orders are small boxes. Fedex duties always 15-$30.
  14. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by luclyluciano View Post
    My orders are small boxes. Fedex duties always 15-$30.
    So you're saying they always charge customs? Even for a very light order of pills?

Damn
  15. Advanced Member

So you're saying they always charge customs? Even for a very light order of pills?

Damn
    They call them "brokerage fees" but yeah, FedEX does suck!!!
  16. New Member

I have had beter luck with USPS
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.

They call them "brokerage fees" but yeah, FedEX does suck!!!
    I've had no issues with deliveries or customs and at times I have received in a miraculous less than 24 hours so I tell myself it is worth the money.
  18. New Member

I've had no issues with deliveries or customs and at times I have received in a miraculous less than 24 hours so I tell myself it is worth the money.
    So you're saying you've never been charged for Customs. Hmm. maybe it depends on what part of Toronto you are in. I'm near the airport. You?

Maybe some of the people getting customs charges aren't really in the GTA
  19. Advanced Member

So you're saying you've never been charged for Customs. Hmm. maybe it depends on what part of Toronto you are in. I'm near the airport. You?

i'm in Ottawa
  20. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

i'm in Ottawa
    I'm from Ottawa, live in Montreal now.
  21. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Luckily I live in the Niagara Region, so I rent an address in Niagara Falls, NY and drive over for my packages. I have an unbelievable amount of horror stories in terms of waiting for mailed packages, so I just ceased mailing altogether. At one point, I waited forty days for a single package.
  22. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier View Post
    Luckily I live in the Niagara Region, so I rent an address in Niagara Falls, NY and drive over for my packages. I have an unbelievable amount of horror stories in terms of waiting for mailed packages, so I just ceased mailing altogether. At one point, I waited forty days for a single package.
    Was this the FedEx option? Wow..
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.

No I do get customs charges but considering the speed and the fact that packgages don't get stopped I don't mind the charges....get it?
  24. New Member

No I do get customs charges but considering the speed and the fact that packgages don't get stopped I don't mind the charges....get it?
    What is the average charge, let's say i order a 140 dollar package..with just small bottles of pills, 4 of em.

30 bucks?
  25. Advanced Member

What is the average charge, let's say i order a 140 dollar package..with just small bottles of pills, 4 of em.

30 bucks?
    That's my experience...always just over $30
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.

30 bucks?

sorry, the smallest order i made i about $250-350, charges $20-$30.

Similar Forum Threads

1. FU Fedex
    By holmes215 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 05-02-2012, 10:42 AM
  2. Fedex is horrible
    By ntornado in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-27-2009, 12:40 AM
  3. Fedex Shipment
    By SureShot in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 3