High potency Ashwagandha caps/powder?

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
I would like to see a high (8%+ Withanolides at least) potency capped or powder form of Ashwagandha. Some recent research is really backing up what many have said for a long time.

Men Given a daily dose of 5 g Withania somnifera – commonly known as Ashwagandha – had their testosterone levels rise by forty percent within three months, researchers at the Indian Chhatrapati Shahuji Maharaj Medical University discovered when they did trials on 75 men who were having problems conceiving children.

The researchers also examined the effect of Ashwagandha on prolactin production. The herb led to a slight decline in the production of this hormone. And when it came to sperm, Ashwagandha led to an increase in quantity and a slightly smaller increase in mobility, although the effects were not statistically significant for all groups.

The researchers found more antioxidant vitamins in the men after they had undergone treatment. It would seem that Ashwagandha neutralises free radicals, they speculate. And they suspect that this is the mechanism through which Ashwagandha increases fertility and testosterone levels.

Withania somnifera improves semen quality by regul...[Fertil Steril. 2009] - PubMed Result

Older study showing it to be anabolic - A comparative pharmacological investigation of Ash...[J Ethnopharmacol. 1994] - PubMed Result

Not sure how a standardized extract dose of 5-8% would equal out 5 grams of the actual root ground and mixed with liquid (as in the study).

saludable24

Awards
  • Established
Nice study. I have also read that Ashwagandha helps thyroid function too. Bulk powder would be my preference. You should post this over in the product request sticky too.