Acetyl L-Carnitine dosing

1. Acetyl L-Carnitine dosing

Hey guys
    I dont really have experience with powders.. NP's Acetyl L-Carnitine.. How should I go about taking it? Mix with water, juice? How do i measure it out? thanks in advance

2. I thought they had it listed on the container that 1/4 tsp is 2 grams. I find that ALCAR is mild enough that I can just scoop it into my mouth and chase with water. It's a little sour but not bad at all.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by TMack40 View Post
    I thought they had it listed on the container that 1/4 tsp is 2 grams. I find that ALCAR is mild enough that I can just scoop it into my mouth and chase with water. It's a little sour but not bad at all.
    1/4 tsp is 450mg I believe. I take it straight with some anti-oxidant. Just picked up 100g of Na-RALA to go with it, but you can use ALA, or even just Green Tea/Grapeseed , less preferable tho.

Dosing varies, 1g, 2-4 times per day, or some go even higher but I would start thereabouts.

4. Woops, think I meant tablespoon.

5. so is it tablespoon or teaspoon
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by cbr1000rr View Post
    so is it tablespoon or teaspoon
    Just look at the side of your container; I can check when I get home, but it's a few hundred mg per 1/4 tsp. Multiply by 4 to get per tsp, and 12 for tbsp.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    1/4 tsp is 450mg I believe. I take it straight with some anti-oxidant. Just picked up 100g of Na-RALA to go with it, but you can use ALA, or even just Green Tea/Grapeseed , less preferable tho.

Dosing varies, 1g, 2-4 times per day, or some go even higher but I would start thereabouts.
    Why with an anti-o?
    "I would be proud to sport that body on the beach, or for a hot date." -Dsade commenting on my pics

8. bump. Does ALCAR need to be taken with Antioxidants?

9. See threads like Acetyl L-Carnitine (Alcar) and the Anarchy Stack...post in here! and
    But yes, you want to take it with anti-oxidants because the increased mitochondrial functioning will cause more free radical production. There's a varities of options like I mentioned. I just picked up 100g of Na-R-ALA for this purpose. Will last me for ages lol.

10. I have just received my bulk ALC.
    Just FYI, 1/4 tsp is 750mg based on the label.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    See threads like Acetyl L-Carnitine (Alcar) and the Anarchy Stack...post in here! and
    But yes, you want to take it with anti-oxidants because the increased mitochondrial functioning will cause more free radical production. There's a varities of options like I mentioned. I just picked up 100g of Na-R-ALA for this purpose. Will last me for ages lol.
    Steve, I was thinking of picking up some NP Na-R-ALA with my next order. Is it mild enough to throw in protein shakes or water OR should I be buying a capping kit? In my last order, I got some bulk SuperCissus Rx and it tastes so bad in water that I usually have to throw some Crystal Light in to take it!!

12. 1g or so 3x a day works for me.

13. Quote Originally Posted by -2z- View Post
    1g or so 3x a day works for me.
    What effects do you notice from it?

14. Quote Originally Posted by Ninjo View Post
    What effects do you notice from it?
    It cures cancer.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Acetyl-L-carnitine?
    By mdts in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-31-2010, 01:21 PM
  2. L-acetyl-carnitine
    By Norway88 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-21-2009, 04:20 PM
  3. L-acetyl-carnitine
    By Norway88 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-14-2009, 05:17 PM
  4. About to buy some Acetyl L-Carnitine...
    By neverenough26 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-26-2008, 01:26 PM