Acetyl L-Carnitine dosing

cbr1000rr

cbr1000rr

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys
I dont really have experience with powders.. NP's Acetyl L-Carnitine.. How should I go about taking it? Mix with water, juice? How do i measure it out? thanks in advance

TMack40

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I thought they had it listed on the container that 1/4 tsp is 2 grams. I find that ALCAR is mild enough that I can just scoop it into my mouth and chase with water. It's a little sour but not bad at all.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I thought they had it listed on the container that 1/4 tsp is 2 grams. I find that ALCAR is mild enough that I can just scoop it into my mouth and chase with water. It's a little sour but not bad at all.
1/4 tsp is 450mg I believe. I take it straight with some anti-oxidant. Just picked up 100g of Na-RALA to go with it, but you can use ALA, or even just Green Tea/Grapeseed , less preferable tho.

Dosing varies, 1g, 2-4 times per day, or some go even higher but I would start thereabouts.

Cool

Cool

Awards
  • Established
1/4 tsp is 450mg I believe. I take it straight with some anti-oxidant. Just picked up 100g of Na-RALA to go with it, but you can use ALA, or even just Green Tea/Grapeseed , less preferable tho.

Dosing varies, 1g, 2-4 times per day, or some go even higher but I would start thereabouts.
Why with an anti-o?

Meerspace

Meerspace

Awards
bump. Does ALCAR need to be taken with Antioxidants?

Yellow

Yellow

Awards
  • Established
I have just received my bulk ALC.
Just FYI, 1/4 tsp is 750mg based on the label.

Ninjo

Ninjo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
See threads like http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/5553-acetyl-l-carnitine.html and
But yes, you want to take it with anti-oxidants because the increased mitochondrial functioning will cause more free radical production. There's a varities of options like I mentioned. I just picked up 100g of Na-R-ALA for this purpose. Will last me for ages lol.
Steve, I was thinking of picking up some NP Na-R-ALA with my next order. Is it mild enough to throw in protein shakes or water OR should I be buying a capping kit? In my last order, I got some bulk SuperCissus Rx and it tastes so bad in water that I usually have to throw some Crystal Light in to take it!!