NP Beta Alanine issue?

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys,

I think something is up with my Beta Alanine...

I once bought 500g Beta Alanine from NP, and everytime I took it i would get crazy tingling... to the point it really bothered me..

I recently bought 1kg...and Im using the same amount, if not more.. and I get 0... I have even stopped for weeks and It's only the first week onto it.. so my body def doesnt not build up to it.. it also looks more shiney like creatine mono...

I trust NP 100%, im just curious if this has happened to anyone else? The tingles tho made me feel like It was working and I don't get any atm, I even took like 4g straight today :(

Any ideas?

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
Even though you took a few weeks off, you may still buld a tolerance to this.

Also, did you take it after eating? That also may have an impact on it or not.

I usually get insanely bad tingles if I take bulk beta alanine, but if I take any product with beta alanine in it, I get nothing.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree that the recent batch is more crystalline, but its just regular variability and I still get the tingles. I'll take a hefty 5g dose when I get home tonight to double check I get the tingles, although I'm rather certain I still can feel it :)

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
The tingles happen in damn near everyone.

Not just NP's stuff.

crazilyfter42

Awards
Thats strange. I can say that there is a difference in brands. Prolab beta alanine gave me crazy tingles (capsule form) where as PP beta alanine gives me them but not nearly as much. Even at a higher dose. Ive yet to try NPs so I cant compare it with others.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Seriously...

I took more than a few weeks off.. and the old batch.. NO MATTER.. even 10 weeks into it.. I got major arse tingles.. theyre make me hot and feel weird all over... VERY STRONG.

This batch, nothing.... I dont even feel it slightly.. Ive changed nothing in my work out or routine..

Ill try take 5grams and see what happens today!!!

Im just saying yeh...the older tub i had, every single time, no matter what.. this time.. nothing.. so ill try a higher dose... and see whats up!!

dunno, dont care as long as its working tho?LOL

:D

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
same thing happens to me

I have the powder

I have the capsules

I take one capsule and tingle

I took four grams of the powder and slight tingle..

the 1.6 gram capsule is way more potent

Im dissappointed as well. im wondering if the powder goes bad after so many month, how long do they keep the powder in their warehouse, and how many months untill I have untill I need to use it so I can get optimal effects

ntornado

Awards
I get tingles when I take Purple Wraath. When I take bulk BA or other BA containing products not so much. Weird.

Chimpinzo

Chimpinzo

Awards
Interesting that you guys mention this... I have the tabs and didn't notice it recently, but I've been taking it between VERY frequent meals and usually tend to ignore the tingles anyways.

I'll run a small superdose and report back tonight with results :p

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
suggestion: try running it through a coffee grinder. If the crystals are larger, there is less surface area exposed to stomach environment at once which will make the product inherently "time released".

Grinding it up will increase surface area and speed of absorption, possibly making a difference.

The parasthesia is not necessarily a sign either way of effectiveness.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
suggestion: try running it through a coffee grinder. If the crystals are larger, there is less surface area exposed to stomach environment at once which will make the product inherently "time released".

Grinding it up will increase surface area and speed of absorption, possibly making a difference.

The parasthesia is not necessarily a sign either way of effectiveness.
As long as it works, I dont mind!!!

I guess back then, I felt it working everytime.. even after 2 months!!

Ill take some before work tonight!

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any news? Has NP tested it?

I just read about that ATD recall, I wonder if these companies can be doing it again with BA?

I dunno, but I haven't noticed anything from this BA, compared to the last lot!!

oh well!

Messenger

Awards
Any news? Has NP tested it?

I just read about that ATD recall, I wonder if these companies can be doing it again with BA?

I dunno, but I haven't noticed anything from this BA, compared to the last lot!!

oh well!
Have you noticed any positive effects in training?

I have 500g of NP bulk BA that I received a month or so ago and will be starting in a few days. Currently I am using the PP bulk and getting tingles from it (at 1.6g serving). I know Dsade says this isnt an indicator of effectiveness, but interesting nonetheless. I'll let you know what happens when I start the NP batch.

Also the PP BA gives 1.6g per approx 1/4 tsp, while the NP is 900mg per 1/4 tsp. This seems to agree with what Dsade is saying about the surface area factor.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you noticed any positive effects in training?

I have 500g of NP bulk BA that I received a month or so ago and will be starting in a few days. Currently I am using the PP bulk and getting tingles from it (at 1.6g serving). I know Dsade says this isnt an indicator of effectiveness, but interesting nonetheless. I'll let you know what happens when I start the NP batch.

Also the PP BA gives 1.6g per approx 1/4 tsp, while the NP is 900mg per 1/4 tsp. This seems to agree with what Dsade is saying about the surface area factor.

****, Im taking a whole TEASPOON.. so Im taking like 5g in a hit and I barely get any tingles... the old stuff, use to make me go mental... the tingles were that bad!!

I havent noticed any performance, I really noticed the old batch of BA...but this bunch I havent noticed any strength gains or what not :(:(

I dunno..

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
AdelV the density should be around 900mg per 1/4tsp, so 1 tsp is more like 3.6g . I'm not sure what your usage has been like, but perhaps you're carnosine levels have been raised to their max, and so continued supplementation will only sustain your current levels and not push them higher. Or there may be external factors influencing your training/progress that you aren't considering. The physical description of your beta alanine sounds exactly like mine sitting next to me; and there is some physical differences between batches of Beta-Alanine but the compound is still the same.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
AdelV the density should be around 900mg per 1/4tsp, so 1 tsp is more like 3.6g . I'm not sure what your usage has been like, but perhaps you're carnosine levels have been raised to their max, and so continued supplementation will only sustain your current levels and not push them higher. Or there may be external factors influencing your training/progress that you aren't considering. The physical description of your beta alanine sounds exactly like mine sitting next to me; and there is some physical differences between batches of Beta-Alanine but the compound is still the same.
In between the 2, I took 2 months off!

The old stuff, always gave me that weird feeling.. every single time...this batch, nothin.... the old stuff i was getting stronger weekly... this stuff... nothing..

I don't get it :(

Oh well..

login211

Awards
In between the 2, I took 2 months off!

The old stuff, always gave me that weird feeling.. every single time...this batch, nothin.... the old stuff i was getting stronger weekly... this stuff... nothing..

I don't get it :(

Oh well..
i've taken BA for over a year, always got the tingles... see if you can get it exchanged....

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i've taken BA for over a year, always got the tingles... see if you can get it exchanged....
I'm not after a freebie, I trust NP.. I'm just asking/checking....

Plus im in Australia and the boys at NP do look after me, I guess im just curious why the tingles aren't there.. nothing is different at all.. it confuses me

:)

login211

Awards
after such a long usage, what happend when you stopped?
at first I didn't notice anything but after taking some time off from the gym and then going back, i could feel that something was missing... it's not that I lost anything, it's just that I now know exactly how and what being on BA feels like...

and AdelV this has nothign to do with getting a freebee, if the BA you're taking is not making you itch all over even after you've become immune to the itch, there's something wrong... don't become a fanboy, this is business, make sure you get what you pay for...

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
at first I didn't notice anything but after taking some time off from the gym and then going back, i could feel that something was missing... it's not that I lost anything, it's just that I now know exactly how and what being on BA feels like...

and AdelV this has nothign to do with getting a freebee, if the BA you're taking is not making you itch all over even after you've become immune to the itch, there's something wrong... don't become a fanboy, this is business, make sure you get what you pay for...
I know, that's why i made this thread. Someone elxe mentioned the same issue in the supp section, so instead of asking for a replacement, i figured i'd ask NP if they tested it or know anything is diff?

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
By any chance Is the tingle similiar to ingesting a large amount of GABA powder?

RAMJAM666

Awards
you should get the tingles after that much time off. i think if you had been on continuously i could understand the tolerance theory. i would bet it got mixed up with something else. maybe the monohydrate as u suggested earlier. i would ask for an exchange and then see what happens.

Messenger

Awards
Just took 1 gram of NP Beta Alanine that I bought March 21. I have been using some from PP since that time. Anyway, tingles were noticable (mixed with berry/greens drink). I'll update again in a couple days to make sure its not placebo since I just reread this thread before I took the BA.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
No because the GABA powder give you that distinctive heart-caught-in-throat feeling whereas BA is just some tingling, especially in the fingers and scalp for me.
Ok.. was just getting a hunch. I was thinking because beta-alanine appears to be a GABA uptake inhibitor... I wondered if there was a connection there. Again it was just a hunch though. What about similiar to a niacin flush? I'm gonna give this stuff a try on my next order. :)

I get a head tingle from ALCAR almost every time, Especially in dosages over 750mg's.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
you should get the tingles after that much time off. i think if you had been on continuously i could understand the tolerance theory. i would bet it got mixed up with something else. maybe the monohydrate as u suggested earlier. i would ask for an exchange and then see what happens.
Ye maybe...
Its not even the tingle's, I just ain't feeling results either :(

I might mention it, but NP are normally pretty awesome to me, so I don't liek asking for freebies.

RAMJAM666

Awards
its not asking for freebies, it is getting what you paid for. just my opinion. look i take BA wit creat mono and I took time off bc of a month long trek to europe and asia. when i came back i took ba and i had the major tingles. not trying to blame anyone or anything. i would bet you dont have ba and I think you are within your rights to ask for an exchange.

Ye maybe...
Its not even the tingle's, I just ain't feeling results either :(

I might mention it, but NP are normally pretty awesome to me, so I don't liek asking for freebies.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
its not asking for freebies, it is getting what you paid for. just my opinion. look i take BA wit creat mono and I took time off bc of a month long trek to europe and asia. when i came back i took ba and i had the major tingles. not trying to blame anyone or anything. i would bet you dont have ba and I think you are within your rights to ask for an exchange.
I'm sure they'd rather test the same batch first? I might ask anyways.