Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Banaba Powder (20% Corosolic Acid)!!!

Banaba 20% Powder (25 grams) By: NutraPlanet

Banaba Powder (20% Corosolic Acid)

What is it?

A medicinal plant native to India, the Philippines, and some other parts of Southeast Asia, the leaves of the Banaba (Lagerstroemia Speciosa) plant have been traditionally used in the treatment of hyperglycemia (excessive blood sugar levels) and the endocrine condition, diabetes mellitus (Type II diabetes, also known as Non-Insulin Dependent Diabetes Mellitus, NIDDM). The main active agent in the Banaba plant is Corosolic Acid, a triterpenoid known to possess anti-diabetic properties expressed in a dose-dependent reduction in blood sugar levels after oral adminsitration. 1 Beyond Corosolic Acid, the Banaba plant also contains tannins that contribute to Banaba's blood-glucose lowering effect.2 Certain Banaba Extract supplements contain specific extracts of these tannins. Banaba's mechanism of action is the activation of specialized glucose transport proteins known as Glucose Transporter 4 (GLUT 4). GLUT 4, a specific isoform of the GLUT transport proteins, is found in skeletal muscle cells, in adipose cells, and in cardiac-muscle cells. Banaba Extract stimulates the translocation of GLUT 4 proteins from the inner cell to the outer or surface cell membrane, inducing the uptake of glucose into skeletal and adipose cells, ultimately leading to the lowering of blood glucose levels. Insulin and exercise also stimulate GLUT 4 activity. Banaba Extract's stimulation of glucose uptake is similar to the action of insulin, yet is independent of insulin levels. Furthermore, Banaba Extract, also appears to inhibit adipocyte differentiation.(3) By acting independently of insulin, Banaba Extract reduces the need for the secretion of insulin, leading to enhanced insulin sensitivity.

For bodybuilders and sports enthusiasts, Banaba Extract is a potent glucose-disposal agent, capable of supporting the feeding of skeletal muscle cells with the glycogen necessary for energy production and for inducing a favourable environment for anabolic activity. Some other health benefits include: antioxidant (4,5) , anti-inflammatory (7), lowers blood pressure (6), promotes weight loss (8-10), control appetite and cravings (8-10), supports kidney function and cardiovascular health (4,5)

How should I take it?

Banaba Extract should be taken 15-30 minutes prior to meals, to allow time for GLUT4 translocation which will greatly enhance glucose uptake by cells. While this powder may not be as unpleasant as other herbals like Yellow Gold, you may wish to cap it using the Complete Capping Kit and a digital scale for accurate dosing. Capsules delay the onset of Banaba’s effects, and should be dosed further in advance of the meal. Density is approx 400mg per 1/4tsp, so an effective dose will fit inside a “00” cap.

Dosing Guidelines:

Although Banaba Extract can be used for meals with modest amounts of carbohydrates (30g), it is particularly useful in situations when large amounts of carbohydrates (60g+) are consumed, such as on reefed days, and before and after workouts. A typical dose would be 300-400mg of the 20% extract for 60-80g of carbohydrates. For carb intakes greater than 60-80g, add approx. an extra 100mg of powder for every 20g carbohydrates. It is effective for both simple and complex carbohydrates.

Sample Dosing Schedule:

i) Solid Meal

6:40 am: 500mg 20% Banaba
    7:00 am: Cooked Oats, Berries, Milk & Protein Powder (Yielding 100g Carbs)
    8:00 Workout

ii) Shake

6:40 am: 500mg 20% Banaba
    7:00 am: 50g Dextrose, 50g Maltodextrin, Whey Protein Isolate
    7:30 am: Workout

Caution: Banaba Extract may lower your blood sugar levels farther than desired if too much is taken, similar to a condition known as hypoglycemia. Symptoms include light-headedness, fatigue/dizziness, and hunger. While low blood sugar can have certain benefits and desired by some users, if you are uncomfortable with it you can take some simple sugars immediately to help restore your blood glucose levels to normal. It is recommended that you start your dosage at the lower range of recommended doses to assess your tolerance before increasing your dosage to suit your individual needs.

This product can be used in combination with Yellow Gold and Na-RALA Nutracaps to provide improved glucose control throughout the day.

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

Sweet, added 2 to my cart

you are officially on my Amspace top 8 now hahaha

Banaba Extract should be taken 15-30 minutes prior to meals, to allow time for GLUT4 translocation which will greatly enhance glucose uptake by cells. While this powder may not be as unpleasant as other herbals like Yellow Gold, you may wish to cap it using the Complete Capping Kit and a digital scale for accurate dosing. Capsules delay the onset of Banaba’s effects, and should be dosed further in advance of the meal. Density is approx 400mg per 1/4tsp, so an effective dose will fit inside a “00” cap.

Great write up.
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    www.appliednutriceuticals.com

FACEBOOK FAN PAGE:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Applie...ls/64122223218
  3. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatsaRoid? View Post
    Sweet, added 2 to my cart
    I was just about to PM you and a few others than have been keeping a sharp eye out for this.
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  176 lbs.

be careful with this one!!! ......20% CA is extremely potent!
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hank Vangut View Post
    be careful with this one!!! ......20% CA is extremely potent!
    Your turning me on
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    www.appliednutriceuticals.com

FACEBOOK FAN PAGE:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Applie...ls/64122223218
  6. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Curious as to the dosage protocol one would follow when used in concert with Yellow Gold?? Thinking of ordering the two.
  7. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by dtrain13 View Post
    Curious as to the dosage protocol one would follow when used in concert with Yellow Gold?? Thinking of ordering the two.
    I plan on writing up a YG protocol. I would use the 20% Banaba with your biggest carb meal, so the pre or post. Then use ~1g of YG 2-3x/day , ~20 mins before your other meals (preferable containing carbs). This will help keep the enhanced nutrient uptake all day long, and the YG (berberine) has lipolytic effects as well.
  8. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    I plan on writing up a YG protocol. I would use the PSlin with your biggest carb meal, so the pre or post. Then use ~1g of YG 2-3x/day , ~20 mins before your other meals (preferable containing carbs). This will help keep the enhanced nutrient uptake all day long, and the YG (berberine) has lipolytic effects as well.
    Pslin??? You mean Banaba??
  9. MHA
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

So bulk pslin is banaba right? I think 1 time I read that bulk pslin was missing the gymnema extract right? So NP'z 20% so what's bulk pslin'z %? 20% right??? So its just about the same right?

10. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  182 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MHA View Post
    So bulk pslin is banaba right? I think 1 time I read that bulk pslin was missing the gymnema extract right? So NP'z 20% so what's bulk pslin'z %? 20% right??? So its just about the same right?

bulk pslin is 10% CA i believe.
  11. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Edited, sorry. Sometimes my head and fingers aren't on the same page.

Bulk PSlin uses a specific extract, which Jacob has stated is extracted for certain tannins as well, so I can't make a direct comparison although the 10% CA content was stated by them. I have been using 20% for several months and have been happy with the results; I typically use ~300mg.
  12. Professional Member

About time Any chance we can get these capped on the nutra line? I don't have a prob capping just figuring I'd ask for those who do
  13. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jminis View Post
    About time Any chance we can get these capped on the nutra line? I don't have a prob capping just figuring I'd ask for those who do
    You're a day late! You're lucky I've left you some
    And no, this won't be capped out of respect to other companies.
  14. New Member

Question

BUMP. Guys, any opinions on the taste? (Compared to BULK P-SLIN) I used to mix P-Slin in my oatmeal and couldn't even tell it was there. thanks!
  15. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by gmc4180 View Post
    BUMP. Guys, any opinions on the taste? (Compared to BULK P-SLIN) I used to mix P-Slin in my oatmeal and couldn't even tell it was there. thanks!
    Well up until now, I've always capped mine. But I figured I'd give it a little taste test; Alright, hmmm, that's not bad at all. Trying to think of what tastes like that... Ugh, much better than Grape Seed (That stuff is biiiitter!). Euch , not like Green Tea. Better than coleus... OK I'm stopping now. I was enjoying my cinnamon gum too!

Man, just downed 1/2 sc. Cinnabun to wash that out. The verdict: 20% tastes very lightly herbal, not bad at all. Definitely wouldn't be bad in a shake. Just don't OD guys , this stuff is potent 1/4 tsp (400mg) will be plenty to start with.
  16. New Member

Talking

Well up until now, I've always capped mine. But I figured I'd give it a little taste test; Alright, hmmm, that's not bad at all. Trying to think of what tastes like that... Ugh, much better than Grape Seed (That stuff is biiiitter!). Euch , not like Green Tea. Better than coleus... OK I'm stopping now. I was enjoying my cinnamon gum too!

Man, just downed 1/2 sc. Cinnabun to wash that out. The verdict: 20% tastes very lightly herbal, not bad at all. Definitely wouldn't be bad in a shake. Just don't OD guys , this stuff is potent 1/4 tsp (400mg) will be plenty to start with.
    Nice! If it could be masked with ATW Cinnabon, that's perfect. I think I'll be alternating this with Glycobol. (Breakfast - Glycobol / Lunch - Bulk Banaba / Dinner - Glycobol)
  17. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Nice! If it could be masked with ATW Cinnabon, that's perfect. I think I'll be alternating this with Glycobol. (Breakfast - Glycobol / Lunch - Bulk Banaba / Dinner - Glycobol)
    Let me know how manageable the taste is for you; perhaps I'm desensitized but I think you should be fine
  18. Board Sponsor

Why not cap it.. if the competitor's product is extracted for other special tannins? If that is the case, there is no comparison... am I wrong?

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  19. Senior Member

Never tried bulk P-slin but 1/8 teaspoon of the Banaba with 1/8 teaspoon of Yellow Gold in a shot glass with some juice isn't that bad. Follow with some gum or a strong breath mint and the after taste goes away quickly. Doing this twice daily 30 minutes before my first two meals and I'm noticing it big time. The feelings are similar but stronger than AP for me anyway. Combined with Ultima, ONE and Trinitine and I'm f*cking fantastic.
  20. New Member

Cool

Never tried bulk P-slin but 1/8 teaspoon of the Banaba with 1/8 teaspoon of Yellow Gold in a shot glass with some juice isn't that bad. Follow with some gum or a strong breath mint and the after taste goes away quickly. Doing this twice daily 30 minutes before my first two meals and I'm noticing it big time. The feelings are similar but stronger than AP for me anyway. Combined with Ultima, ONE and Trinitine and I'm f*cking fantastic.
    Nicce DTrain. As you may know I'm currently on ULTIMA/Trinitine. (And I'm never cycling off, you can't make me!!) Wait till you see my 3 month progress pics.

I think taking ULTIMA preworkout and Glycobol/Banaba post workout/pre-dinner will be a sick combo!
  21. New Member

Let me know how manageable the taste is for you; perhaps I'm desensitized but I think you should be fine
    If it's in any way comparable to P-Slin it will be fine. I regularly put 1/2 teaspoon in my oatmeal or shake and barely noticed a change in flavor, if at all
  22. Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Why not cap it.. if the competitor's product is extracted for other special tannins? If that is the case, there is no comparison... am I wrong?

Adams
    Better yet, if something is being extracted for special tannins, then the tannins extracted should be listed on the product. If something is not listed, then nobody should be butt hurt about it. Cap it... and send it to me!

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  23. Senior Member

Nicce DTrain. As you may know I'm currently on ULTIMA/Trinitine. (And I'm never cycling off, you can't make me!!) Wait till you see my 3 month progress pics.

I think taking ULTIMA preworkout and Glycobol/Banaba post workout/pre-dinner will be a sick combo!
    I think you're correct.
  24. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  211 lbs.

I'm going to cap this so I can bring a dose with me to work. Is one 00 cap 400mg ? or do I need to get a scale and measure it out

Also am I correct in 400mg before carb meals so in my case 1 cap possibly 3 x a day

Thanks again
  25. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by dollar662 View Post
    I'm going to cap this so I can bring a dose with me to work. Is one 00 cap 400mg ? or do I need to get a scale and measure it out

Also am I correct in 400mg before carb meals so in my case 1 cap possibly 3 x a day

Thanks again
    400mg is a dose for say 80-100g of carbs. If your meal is smaller, consider taking a lower dose, or using Yellow Gold for that meal. I use about ~350mg with my PreWO large carb meal of oats + berries, providing around 70-90g Carbs.

The density was given to me by Sam as 1/4=400mg. However the 20% CA from this batch is still won't reach me until Sunday so that I can confirm that for you. There should be a density on the side of the packaging though. A "00" cap fits approx 1/4 tsp.
  26. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  255 lbs.

Are you sure its 20% I have a bottle from a major supplier and it is 2% huge difference ?
  27. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by samva777 View Post
    Are you sure its 20% I have a bottle from a major supplier and it is 2% huge difference ?
    Nothing but the best for you guys
    CoA- http://i39.tinypic.com/2a77xx2.jpg
  28. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  211 lbs.

and we do appricate it : )

I placed my order for some and also a cap kit !!
  29. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.

Tastes like graham cracker to me. No problem not capping it.
  30. Board Sponsor

Where did you get that COA from... it is dated back in 08... there is no lab markings, and its not a scan?

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  31. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Where did you get that COA from... it is dated back in 08... there is no lab markings, and its not a scan?

Adams
    The real CoA had all the source info, manufacturer etc. It's legit, I procured it myself and have the full copy. I print screened it for you guys
  32. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  211 lbs.

400mg is a dose for say 80-100g of carbs. If your meal is smaller, consider taking a lower dose, or using Yellow Gold for that meal. I use about ~350mg with my PreWO large carb meal of oats + berries, providing around 70-90g Carbs.

The density was given to me by Sam as 1/4=400mg. However the 20% CA from this batch is still won't reach me until Sunday so that I can confirm that for you. There should be a density on the side of the packaging though. A "00" cap fits approx 1/4 tsp.
    OK I got mine today and cap them (first time) wasnt to bad at all. Thats to those that helped me out getting me off the fence about capping

Question

I used 00 caps and I packed them down 3 times. Is that the correct way to make sure I got the 1/4 tsp. I beleive it is as I measured 1/4 into one cap and had to pack it in to fit it all and it was alittle below surface when filled with 1/4

So when capping the 50 I packed these until they were about the same height (little below surface) as my measured one

Thanks again
  33. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Sounds right; here's how to check. Get 10 empty caps, weigh them. Tare Scale. Get 10 full caps, weight them. Divide by 10, you got the amt per cap.
  34. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  211 lbs.

Sounds right; here's how to check. Get 10 empty caps, weigh them. Tare Scale. Get 10 full caps, weight them. Divide by 10, you got the amt per cap.
    Ok I came up with a little over 3.5 grams so that would be 350mg a cap avg so guess I was a little short of the 400 but right in the middle of a typical dose 300-400mg .

So Think I'm good with the first 50 just need to add alittle more next time

Thanks again for your time and help
  35. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

1 unit left in stock... who's going to get it? I'll see about an ETA on this, and put it up in the sticky.
  36. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  182 lbs.

1 unit left in stock... who's going to get it? I'll see about an ETA on this, and put it up in the sticky.
    any ETA Steveo?
  37. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  211 lbs.

OK quick math

If we cap them at 400mg each and the tub is 25 grams that would be aprox 62 caps per bottle? Math seems right but for some reason I ended up with more and I had weighed it on a scale. SO trying to figure it out

Thanks
  38. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Did you factor in the cap weight? 25/0.4=62.5 caps of 400mg, but I believe it fits slightly less than 400mg/"00" cap.
  39. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  211 lbs.

Thanks !
    I just figured it out first batch I did, I didn’t have a scale I did it by how full the cap was and once I got my scale I found they were only 300mg ea.

Somehow that slipped my mind.. Ok Math is still an exact science lol : )

Was driving myself mad trying to figure it out
  40. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  211 lbs.

Thanks again Steveo

Another question for you. When will Nutra have more in stock ? Any eta as of yet

I did check the ETA thread but didnt see it listed

Thanks again
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Banaba 20% corosolic acid
    By monstermash in forum Custom Capsule
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-20-2009, 01:34 PM
  2. PSlin / Corosolic Acid
    By crazyfool405 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-23-2008, 10:00 PM