NP is more than twice the price of iherb

Puzzle

Awards
NP is more than twice the price of iherb (international shipping)

For NOW Foods Tribulus (1,000mg/90 tabs) and shipping to Britain, nutraplanet charges $36.49.

For the same product, using the same courier, to the same address, iherb charges $14.78.

The difference is that NP use USPS "Priority mail", charging $26.50
whereas iherb use USPS "first class" mail, charging just $4.

I would love to use NP again but at the moment there are better options, be it simple vitamin supps or designer steroids.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
We are usually very competitive on NOW Food items. Go aheand and send an email to CS along with a link to the similar product and we will see what we can do.

As far as the shipping, there is no way Iherb charges $4 for any kind of international shipping. Are you sure that is correct? I'd rather pay a few extra bucks for reliable shipping as opposed to waiting and waiting and waiting and then dealing with customs and then waiting some more.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Our prices are comparable, but that shipping is nuts. I tested it with the Prime Ministers address, and sure enough he seems to be correct. Perhaps we can look into this further.

Comparing , Great Britain, Category 5.
http://www.usps.com/prices/first-class-mail-international-prices.htm
http://www.usps.com/prices/priority-mail-international-prices.htm#cz

I see your $26.50, Group 5, Size 1. That's what NP charges, 1st class mail.

For First-Class, It is $3.80 for 4oz, and an extra 80 cents for every oz. I wonder what the shipping weight is... It states Shipping weight is 0.59 pounds = 9.44 ounces. So that would round up to 12oz, and be $8.65, not the $4 they quote, so they're taking a loss on it or have bamboozled some super-sweet rate.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
There is no negotiating with USPS. Maybe they have a UK warehouse??

Puzzle

Awards
They ship from the States. My experience is delivery ranges from 3 days to 14 days at the outside, which is fine because that's why it's affordable. As with a lot of companies, their customs declaration doesn't include shipping, so I know whatever is in my cart is the figure I need to have in mind for customs: under £18 ($25) of goods and there's no tax due to British customs.

Whatever tax is paid, we get charged an £8 admin charge by the courier for paying it on our behalf - so shipping just a little over the threshold, say £19 of goods (and possibly getting taxed), is a bad idea as the admin charge is proportionally heavy. So I either make big orders from the States or keep them under £18 (like little bottles of stims, vits, etc)

Take your geranium extract, that's expensive here, but your shipping rules you out, even though your price for that product is under the £18 ($25) tax threshold. With something like $6 shipping on any bottle of pills and suddenly you're the better option for a whole load of goodies.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
Interesting.

We are always looing for ways to improve our unternational service and rates...so thanks for bringing this to our attention!

moats

Awards
Wow, this would be awesome, I would buy way more stuff if international shipping was Cheaper. NP should definitely look into this as a possible option.

Fuelride

Awards
I think we can save you guys some $$ by offering 1st class instead of priority,; keep an eye out guys.
That's great news! I believe most international customers would prefer the cheaper shipping+longer wait as compared to the more expensive shipping+shorter waiting time.

Never mind if it's USPS or FedEx. Just get us the cheapest shipping method available.