NP is more than twice the price of iherb

1. Registered User

Exclamation NP is more than twice the price of iherb (international shipping)

For NOW Foods Tribulus (1,000mg/90 tabs) and shipping to Britain, nutraplanet charges $36.49.

For the same product, using the same courier, to the same address, iherb charges $14.78.

The difference is that NP use USPS "Priority mail", charging $26.50
    whereas iherb use USPS "first class" mail, charging just $4.

I would love to use NP again but at the moment there are better options, be it simple vitamin supps or designer steroids.

2. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor

We are usually very competitive on NOW Food items. Go aheand and send an email to CS along with a link to the similar product and we will see what we can do.

As far as the shipping, there is no way Iherb charges $4 for any kind of international shipping. Are you sure that is correct? I'd rather pay a few extra bucks for reliable shipping as opposed to waiting and waiting and waiting and then dealing with customs and then waiting some more.
  3. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Our prices are comparable, but that shipping is nuts. I tested it with the Prime Ministers address, and sure enough he seems to be correct. Perhaps we can look into this further.

Comparing , Great Britain, Category 5.
    http://www.usps.com/prices/first-cla...nal-prices.htm
    http://www.usps.com/prices/priority-...-prices.htm#cz

I see your $26.50, Group 5, Size 1. That's what NP charges, 1st class mail.

For First-Class, It is $3.80 for 4oz, and an extra 80 cents for every oz. I wonder what the shipping weight is... It states Shipping weight is 0.59 pounds = 9.44 ounces. So that would round up to 12oz, and be $8.65, not the $4 they quote, so they're taking a loss on it or have bamboozled some super-sweet rate.
    •   

4. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor

There is no negotiating with USPS. Maybe they have a UK warehouse??
  5. Registered User

They ship from the States. My experience is delivery ranges from 3 days to 14 days at the outside, which is fine because that's why it's affordable. As with a lot of companies, their customs declaration doesn't include shipping, so I know whatever is in my cart is the figure I need to have in mind for customs: under 18 ($25) of goods and there's no tax due to British customs.

Whatever tax is paid, we get charged an 8 admin charge by the courier for paying it on our behalf - so shipping just a little over the threshold, say 19 of goods (and possibly getting taxed), is a bad idea as the admin charge is proportionally heavy. So I either make big orders from the States or keep them under 18 (like little bottles of stims, vits, etc)

Take your geranium extract, that's expensive here, but your shipping rules you out, even though your price for that product is under the 18 ($25) tax threshold. With something like $6 shipping on any bottle of pills and suddenly you're the better option for a whole load of goodies.
  6. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor

Interesting.

We are always looing for ways to improve our unternational service and rates...so thanks for bringing this to our attention!
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

Wow, this would be awesome, I would buy way more stuff if international shipping was Cheaper. NP should definitely look into this as a possible option.
  8. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by moats View Post
    Wow, this would be awesome, I would buy way more stuff if international shipping was Cheaper. NP should definitely look into this as a possible option.
    I think we can save you guys some $$ by offering 1st class instead of priority,; keep an eye out guys.
  9. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    I think we can save you guys some $$ by offering 1st class instead of priority,; keep an eye out guys.
    That's great news! I believe most international customers would prefer the cheaper shipping+longer wait as compared to the more expensive shipping+shorter waiting time.

Never mind if it's USPS or FedEx. Just get us the cheapest shipping method available.
  10. Registered User

Good news, thanks for looking into it.
  11. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by custom View Post
    We are usually very competitive on NOW Food items.
    =
    Any plans to bring in some NOW SAM-e in higher MG, at more competitive pricing? Specifically 400mg.
  12. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by imprezivr6 View Post
    Any plans to bring in some NOW SAM-e in higher MG, at more competitive pricing? Specifically 400mg.
    The Official Product Request Thread

=D
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. ****Lit Up Price*****
    By R1balla in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-03-2011, 07:11 AM
  2. BEST PRICE on 11-OXO
    By NutraPlanet CS in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-03-2009, 09:28 PM
  3. T-rez price
    By jchaffee1 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-24-2008, 02:13 PM
  4. Why Does The Price Of Oil Keep Going Up ?
    By anabolicrhino in forum Politics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-19-2007, 10:23 AM