Banaba Coming to the Planet!

  1. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    NutraMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    193
    Answers
    0

    Cool Banaba Coming to the Planet!


    After much fanfare and requests, NutraPlanet is finally waiting on a shipment of Banaba.

    Because the dose for Corsoslic Acid is so small (3mg or so) we opted to go with the standard 1% extract so none of you knuckleheads would be in a banaba-induced hypo-glycemic coma.

    ETA is about 1 week from now.

    For those unaware, Banaba is a widely researched, proven herb shown to reduce blood sugar and body fat in humans with little to no side effects!


  2. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Steveoph's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,524
    Answers
    0

    Jminis is gonna kill me... lol. I promised the addict 20%. Start small guys
  3. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    NutraMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    193
    Answers
    0

    the 20% would be impossible to dose accurately as a bulk powder.
    •   
       

  4. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Steveoph's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,524
    Answers
    0

    What I do to dose it is measure out 150mg * 50 = 7.5g. Then I add in ~15g of Green Tea Extract. I seal this in a ziploc container, shake well, then cap it. You can sub anything in for the green tea; even Gymema, Bitter Melon, ALA, etc if you want more kick, but that right there is enough to make you hypo with less than 80g carbs, I usually shoot for around 100; 75g complex from carbs, and 25g simple from berries and milk.
  5. Registered User
    ozarkaBRAND's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,279
    Answers
    0

    Isn't there approx 30g or something in PSLIN?
  6. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Steveoph's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,524
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by ozarkaBRAND View Post
    Isn't there approx 30g or something in PSLIN?
    I'm rather transparent, but there's 30mg of corosolic acid in PSlin. Also you mean mg not g , clearly.
  7. Registered User
    ozarkaBRAND's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,279
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    I'm rather transparent, but there's 30mg of corosolic acid in PSlin. Also you mean mg not g , clearly.
    Yeah that's it !

    So, would need to take quite a bit of the bulk powder to equate to that dose.
  8. Registered User
    rob561's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    415
    Answers
    0

    Thanks Nutra!
  9. Gate Keeper
    jminis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    4,023
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    I'm rather transparent, but there's 30mg of corosolic acid in PSlin. Also you mean mg not g , clearly.
    But isn't pslin 10%. To say i'm not disappointed would be a lie, Steve I blame you I can't see this being a big seller at 1%. Also Nutraman not sure where you got 3mg but that dose won't do anything. You would need a lot of 1% to get the job done.
  10. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Steveoph's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,524
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by jminis View Post
    But isn't pslin 10%. To say i'm not disappointed would be a lie, Hank I blame you
    Hear hear! The 1% is more catered to those who aren't taking in a massive 80g+ carb meal. To get 30mg of CA would require 3g of 1%; depending on the density that could be like 4 caps it it's 750mg per 1/4 tsp. I guess that does give some flexibility for smaller carb meals too.

    Heh ninja-edit, caught in the process
  11. Gate Keeper
    jminis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    4,023
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Hear hear! The 1% is more catered to those who aren't taking in a massive 80g+ carb meal. To get 30mg of CA would require 3g of 1%; depending on the density that could be like 4 caps it it's 750mg per 1/4 tsp. I guess that does give some flexibility for smaller carb meals too.

    Heh ninja-edit, caught in the process
    Thing is if I want to do a smaller carbs meal I'll take AP, CA's point is the shuttle massive amounts of carbs (up to 150g/meal). Bro that's a lot of capping just for a month of CA at two doses a day. So if i'm taking 6-9g's a day what kind of pricing are we talking here?
  12. Registered User
    AdelV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,940
    Answers
    0

    Ive taken yellow gold and pslin, felt nothing!

    I guess I have no blood sugar issue lol
  13. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    NutraMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    193
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by jminis View Post
    But isn't pslin 10%. To say i'm not disappointed would be a lie, Steve I blame you I can't see this being a big seller at 1%. Also Nutraman not sure where you got 3mg but that dose won't do anything. You would need a lot of 1% to get the job done.
    It is what has been used in all of the human studies. I am not sure a higher percentage product would be neccessary, except for users who want a pump feeling.

    The antidiabetic activity of an extract from the leaves of Lagerstroemia speciosa standardized to 1% corosolic acid (Glucosol) has been demonstrated in a randomized clinical trial involving Type II diabetics (non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus, NIDDM). Subjects received a daily oral dose of Glucosol and blood glucose levels were measured. Glucosol at daily dosages of 32 and 48mg for 2 weeks showed a significant reduction in the blood glucose levels. Glucosol in a soft gel capsule formulation showed a 30% decrease in blood glucose levels compared to a 20% drop seen with dry-powder filled hard gelatin capsule formulation (P<0.001), suggesting that the soft gel formulation has a better bioavailability than a dry-powder formulation.
  14. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    NutraMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    193
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by jminis View Post
    But isn't pslin 10%. To say i'm not disappointed would be a lie, Steve I blame you I can't see this being a big seller at 1%. Also Nutraman not sure where you got 3mg but that dose won't do anything. You would need a lot of 1% to get the job done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Hear hear! The 1% is more catered to those who aren't taking in a massive 80g+ carb meal. To get 30mg of CA would require 3g of 1%; depending on the density that could be like 4 caps it it's 750mg per 1/4 tsp. I guess that does give some flexibility for smaller carb meals too.

    Heh ninja-edit, caught in the process
    Quote Originally Posted by jminis View Post
    Thing is if I want to do a smaller carbs meal I'll take AP, CA's point is the shuttle massive amounts of carbs (up to 150g/meal). Bro that's a lot of capping just for a month of CA at two doses a day. So if i'm taking 6-9g's a day what kind of pricing are we talking here?

    I guess I'll go back to Sam and see if we can get our order changed.

    You guys....


  15. Gate Keeper
    jminis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    4,023
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by NutraMan View Post
    I guess I'll go back to Sam and see if we can get our order changed.

    You guys....


    Ah you see the light now. Help me help you. I want to buy this from you help me do that
  16. Registered User
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,763
    Answers
    0

    I know this is a different subject, but dare I ask what the fate of the probable I3C/DIM product is?

  17. Registered User
    Goose's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    134
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    What I do to dose it is measure out 150mg * 50 = 7.5g. Then I add in ~15g of Green Tea Extract. I seal this in a ziploc container, shake well, then cap it. You can sub anything in for the green tea; even Gymema, Bitter Melon, ALA, etc if you want more kick, but that right there is enough to make you hypo with less than 80g carbs, I usually shoot for around 100; 75g complex from carbs, and 25g simple from berries and milk.
    Just wondering... how thoroughly, would you estimate, the shaking in a Ziploc container mixes the powders?
  18. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    custom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,971
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    I know this is a different subject, but dare I ask what the fate of the probable I3C/DIM product is?

    It got bumped down the ladder, to be honest, with the GMP switchover being a higher priority.
  19. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    tattoopierced1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,233
    Answers
    0

    aww come on, you gotta love the hypo induced comas! lol
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE STRONGEST ON THE MARKET
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/manufacturer/advanced-muscle-science/
  20. Registered User
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    10,763
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by custom View Post
    It got bumped down the ladder, to be honest, with the GMP switchover being a higher priority.
    Thanks for the update.

  21. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Steveoph's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,524
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Just wondering... how thoroughly, would you estimate, the shaking in a Ziploc container mixes the powders?
    I'd say well enough. Snap that lid on and shake like crazy. Haven't had in issue with any of my caps, they all feel to be about the same potency. If you're really worried, pick a white powder, and you can see clearly when it is mixed thoroughly.
  22. Gate Keeper
    jminis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    4,023
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by custom View Post
    It got bumped down the ladder, to be honest, with the GMP switchover being a higher priority.
    Nice avatar, that would be a cool tat
  23. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Steveoph's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,524
    Answers
    0

    Oh an a FYI; we're going with 20% instead of the 1%.
  24. Registered User
    rob561's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    415
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Oh an a FYI; we're going with 20% instead of the 1%.
    Nice!! 20%>1% any day
  25. Registered User
    jasonschaffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,253
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Oh an a FYI; we're going with 20% instead of the 1%.
  26. Registered User
    shinobidoode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    49
    Answers
    0

    What's the eta and are you planning on capping it for us? Pretty pleaaase...
  27. Registered User
    Goose's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    134
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Oh an a FYI; we're going with 20% instead of the 1%.
  28. Registered User
    arson2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by shinobidoode View Post
    What's the eta and are you planning on capping it for us? Pretty pleaaase...
    x2 :dl:
  29. Registered User
    Hank Vangut's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  176 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    3,735
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by shinobidoode View Post
    What's the eta and are you planning on capping it for us? Pretty pleaaase...
    since it was just ordered and it is comming all the way from china, it will probably be 2-3 weeks. custom might show up to confirm this.
    it will just be the bulk powder at a nutra price everyone will enjoy!
  30. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Steveoph's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,524
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by shinobidoode View Post
    What's the eta and are you planning on capping it for us? Pretty pleaaase...
    It won't be capped, out of respect to USP Labs. Also I don't think we have to worry about customs to the same degree as hormonal bulks, so once we get this paid for, I think it would be <2 weeks. I should probably say 3 and surprise you when it comes quicker though , I suppose
  31. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    custom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,971
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Hank Vangut View Post
    since it was just ordered and it is comming all the way from china, it will probably be 2-3 weeks. custom might show up to confirm this.
    it will just be the bulk powder at a nutra price everyone will enjoy!
    This is correct.


    Customs enforcement has been tighter than usual of late...they still have the Berberine on hold without anyone willing to tell us what is going on.
  32. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Steveoph's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,524
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by custom View Post
    This is correct.


    Customs enforcement has been tighter than usual of late...they still have the Berberine on hold without anyone willing to tell us what is going on.
    Gah, just like overprotective parents
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Coming Soon to the Planet
    By custom in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-09-2010, 11:30 PM
  2. Coming Exclusively to the Planet
    By custom in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-30-2009, 11:21 AM
  3. Big Changes coming to the Planet
    By NutraMan in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 135
    Last Post: 02-01-2009, 12:54 PM
  4. Epistane savings coming to THE PLANET!
    By LakeMountD in forum Celtic Labs
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-11-2008, 11:46 PM
  5. Coming Soon to the PLANET!
    By matthew76 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-23-2007, 04:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in