Banaba Coming to the Planet!

NutraMan

NutraMan

Board Sponsor
Awards
After much fanfare and requests, NutraPlanet is finally waiting on a shipment of Banaba.

Because the dose for Corsoslic Acid is so small (3mg or so) we opted to go with the standard 1% extract so none of you knuckleheads would be in a banaba-induced hypo-glycemic coma. :laugh:

ETA is about 1 week from now.

For those unaware, Banaba is a widely researched, proven herb shown to reduce blood sugar and body fat in humans with little to no side effects!

:scared:

NutraMan

NutraMan

Board Sponsor
Awards
the 20% would be impossible to dose accurately as a bulk powder.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What I do to dose it is measure out 150mg * 50 = 7.5g. Then I add in ~15g of Green Tea Extract. I seal this in a ziploc container, shake well, then cap it. You can sub anything in for the green tea; even Gymema, Bitter Melon, ALA, etc if you want more kick, but that right there is enough to make you hypo with less than 80g carbs, I usually shoot for around 100; 75g complex from carbs, and 25g simple from berries and milk.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Isn't there approx 30g or something in PSLIN?

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
:35: I'm rather transparent, but there's 30mg of corosolic acid in PSlin. Also you mean mg not g , clearly.
Yeah that's it !

So, would need to take quite a bit of the bulk powder to equate to that dose.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
:35: I'm rather transparent, but there's 30mg of corosolic acid in PSlin. Also you mean mg not g , clearly.
But isn't pslin 10%. To say i'm not disappointed would be a lie, Steve I blame you:D I can't see this being a big seller at 1%. Also Nutraman not sure where you got 3mg but that dose won't do anything. You would need a lot of 1% to get the job done.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
But isn't pslin 10%. To say i'm not disappointed would be a lie, Hank I blame you:D
Hear hear! The 1% is more catered to those who aren't taking in a massive 80g+ carb meal. To get 30mg of CA would require 3g of 1%; depending on the density that could be like 4 caps it it's 750mg per 1/4 tsp. I guess that does give some flexibility for smaller carb meals too.

Heh ninja-edit, caught in the process :D

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Hear hear! The 1% is more catered to those who aren't taking in a massive 80g+ carb meal. To get 30mg of CA would require 3g of 1%; depending on the density that could be like 4 caps it it's 750mg per 1/4 tsp. I guess that does give some flexibility for smaller carb meals too.

Thing is if I want to do a smaller carbs meal I'll take AP, CA's point is the shuttle massive amounts of carbs (up to 150g/meal). Bro that's a lot of capping just for a month of CA at two doses a day. So if i'm taking 6-9g's a day what kind of pricing are we talking here?

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive taken yellow gold and pslin, felt nothing!

I guess I have no blood sugar issue lol

NutraMan

NutraMan

Board Sponsor
Awards
But isn't pslin 10%. To say i'm not disappointed would be a lie, Steve I blame you:D I can't see this being a big seller at 1%. Also Nutraman not sure where you got 3mg but that dose won't do anything. You would need a lot of 1% to get the job done.
It is what has been used in all of the human studies. I am not sure a higher percentage product would be neccessary, except for users who want a pump feeling.

The antidiabetic activity of an extract from the leaves of Lagerstroemia speciosa standardized to 1% corosolic acid (Glucosol) has been demonstrated in a randomized clinical trial involving Type II diabetics (non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus, NIDDM). Subjects received a daily oral dose of Glucosol and blood glucose levels were measured. Glucosol at daily dosages of 32 and 48mg for 2 weeks showed a significant reduction in the blood glucose levels. Glucosol in a soft gel capsule formulation showed a 30% decrease in blood glucose levels compared to a 20% drop seen with dry-powder filled hard gelatin capsule formulation (P<0.001), suggesting that the soft gel formulation has a better bioavailability than a dry-powder formulation.

NutraMan

NutraMan

Board Sponsor
Awards

Thing is if I want to do a smaller carbs meal I'll take AP, CA's point is the shuttle massive amounts of carbs (up to 150g/meal). Bro that's a lot of capping just for a month of CA at two doses a day. So if i'm taking 6-9g's a day what kind of pricing are we talking here?

I guess I'll go back to Sam and see if we can get our order changed.

You guys....

:crackhead:

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
I guess I'll go back to Sam and see if we can get our order changed.

You guys....

:crackhead:
Ah you see the light now. Help me help you. I want to buy this from you help me do that:D

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know this is a different subject, but dare I ask what the fate of the probable I3C/DIM product is?

Goose

Goose

Awards
What I do to dose it is measure out 150mg * 50 = 7.5g. Then I add in ~15g of Green Tea Extract. I seal this in a ziploc container, shake well, then cap it. You can sub anything in for the green tea; even Gymema, Bitter Melon, ALA, etc if you want more kick, but that right there is enough to make you hypo with less than 80g carbs, I usually shoot for around 100; 75g complex from carbs, and 25g simple from berries and milk.
Just wondering... how thoroughly, would you estimate, the shaking in a Ziploc container mixes the powders?

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
I know this is a different subject, but dare I ask what the fate of the probable I3C/DIM product is?

It got bumped down the ladder, to be honest, with the GMP switchover being a higher priority.

tattoopierced1

aww come on, you gotta love the hypo induced comas! lol

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It got bumped down the ladder, to be honest, with the GMP switchover being a higher priority.
Thanks for the update.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just wondering... how thoroughly, would you estimate, the shaking in a Ziploc container mixes the powders?
I'd say well enough. Snap that lid on and shake like crazy. Haven't had in issue with any of my caps, they all feel to be about the same potency. If you're really worried, pick a white powder, and you can see clearly when it is mixed thoroughly.

shinobidoode

Awards
What's the eta and are you planning on capping it for us? Pretty pleaaase...

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
since it was just ordered and it is comming all the way from china, it will probably be 2-3 weeks. custom might show up to confirm this.
it will just be the bulk powder at a nutra price everyone will enjoy!:)

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It won't be capped, out of respect to USP Labs. Also I don't think we have to worry about customs to the same degree as hormonal bulks, so once we get this paid for, I think it would be <2 weeks. I should probably say 3 and surprise you when it comes quicker though , I suppose ;)

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
since it was just ordered and it is comming all the way from china, it will probably be 2-3 weeks. custom might show up to confirm this.
it will just be the bulk powder at a nutra price everyone will enjoy!:)
This is correct.

Customs enforcement has been tighter than usual of late...they still have the Berberine on hold without anyone willing to tell us what is going on. :(