Expensive International shipping

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Expensive International shipping


    Hi,
    I wanted to try out nutraplanet's bulk supplements, however the cost of international shipping is just crazy. For one bottle of Geranium caps (19.99), it costs 57 to ship. May I know why is the cost of shipping so high?


  2. sorry to say but this has been a long existant problem. I hope they find a way to cut the cost I pay alot too, to hawaii. Where are you trying to get it shipped to?

  3. Singapore.
    Ah well. Shall have to source for bulk supps elsewhere.
    •   
       


  4. thats their only weakness hope they ll negotiate sumthin with USPS and fedex !

  5. yes, unfortunately overseas shipping isn't cheap.
    there are other companies who run cheaper international shipping rates but they typically make up the difference in higher cost products.
    the dedicated overseas customers we do have typically place fewer but larger orders to make the shipping rates more feasible.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Hank Vangut View Post
    yes, unfortunately overseas shipping isn't cheap.
    there are other companies who run cheaper international shipping rates but they typically make up the difference in higher cost products.
    the dedicated overseas customers we do have typically place fewer but larger orders to make the shipping rates more feasible.
    Yea, thats what i did with my last order , it was about 900$ including fedex shipping which was 230$ , shipping was fast 5 days on top off the great deals and service got sum goodies shaker , samples and a met rx T shirt!
    NP really iis really the best!
  7. Thumbs up


    dude, check out the following freight forwarder to singapore:

    • vpostusa
    • comegateway
    • borderlinx


    you may thank me later.

  8. MOD EDIT: This is inappropriate in NP's forum.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Hank Vangut View Post
    yes, unfortunately overseas shipping isn't cheap.
    there are other companies who run cheaper international shipping rates but they typically make up the difference in higher cost products.
    the dedicated overseas customers we do have typically place fewer but larger orders to make the shipping rates more feasible.
    usps raised their prices due to the increase of fuel costs but never put them back down when fuel prices dropped, typical

    i'm glad i stocked up when i did as i can't afford to support nutra at the mo with the freight cost + stronger US dollar

    hopefully things will get better soon

  10. As CUB said above tho.

    Alot of other sites offer way cheaper shipping and ship USPS.

    Hows this happening? Id luv to know! Im not saying NP r making a buck out of it, but these other business's must know something that NP doesnt?


  11. We have renegotiated with FedEX like Sam mentioned in the other thread and are trying to get some lower rates; expect these to come live soon.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by chocochoco View Post
    dude, check out the following freight forwarder to singapore:

    • vpostusa
    • comegateway
    • borderlinx


    you may thank me later.
    Sorry. I have tried them before and found them lacking

  13. i know this is our board sponsor store but really, when you can find the same supps for around the same price + or - maybe $2 with 1/3 the price of shipping it really is a no brainer.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Cub View Post
    Shipping has always been expensive from NP. For example, I can place the exact same order with NP as I do at TFS and TFS's shipping rate is $20, whereas NP's is $50-$60.
    Exactly. Hopefully the new deal comes thru.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    i know this is our board sponsor store but really, when you can find the same supps for around the same price + or - maybe $2 with 1/3 the price of shipping it really is a no brainer.
    I wanted to try their inhouse bulk products.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by munique View Post
    I wanted to try their inhouse bulk products.
    thats pretty much the only drawback, they have some exclusive stuff there and good bulks.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    We have renegotiated with FedEX like Sam mentioned in the other thread and are trying to get some lower rates; expect these to come live soon.
    And what about USPS?

  18. MOD EDIT: Actually, freedom of speech applies to public domains, not private ones. Coming into a forum in which one company pays to sponsor and telling everyone about another company is not only against the rules, but disrespectful as well. If you do not like the rules that YOU agreed to upon registering, then you simply do not have to be here.

    I suggest you read this:

    Its not personal...really it isn't..lol

  19. In order for us to get to the bottom of this, I need everyone's help. Munique, please PM me your email so we can correspond more efficiently. My webmaster and I will gather the data from you and connect with FedEx to get this resolved. Anyone else with similar problems, please PM me.

    This is a very important issue to me and I want everyone to know that I WILL get this resolved in an expedited manner. I know that it appears to some who do not know the NutraPlanet culture that we are intentionally ripping people off, but I assure you that this is absolutely not the case. Our rate quotes come directly from FedEx and USPS, so there is obviously a missing element that we are overseeing, but with your help we will make international freight affordable for everyone...this is my commitment and promise to all our valued overseas customers, but I cannot do it without detailed information and feedback from everyone.

  20. Cub, I appreciate your loyalty to NP and AM...it is because of customers like you that make this board and our store such an overwhelming success

  21. I'm going to try send off some PMS and find some shipping rates from some other guys I use and see whats up!

    I know express is always $$$, and you can't send flat rate etc..

  22. Quote Originally Posted by stryder View Post
    In order for us to get to the bottom of this, I need everyone's help. Munique, please PM me your email so we can correspond more efficiently. My webmaster and I will gather the data from you and connect with FedEx to get this resolved. Anyone else with similar problems, please PM me.

    This is a very important issue to me and I want everyone to know that I WILL get this resolved in an expedited manner. I know that it appears to some who do not know the NutraPlanet culture that we are intentionally ripping people off, but I assure you that this is absolutely not the case. Our rate quotes come directly from FedEx and USPS, so there is obviously a missing element that we are overseeing, but with your help we will make international freight affordable for everyone...this is my commitment and promise to all our valued overseas customers, but I cannot do it without detailed information and feedback from everyone.
    Hi,
    I have just pm-ed you my email.
    I assure you that I wasnt implying Nutraplanet was ripping off their customers. I just found it peculiar, especially since Nutraplanet does a fair of shipping.
    I'm sorry for any trouble I might have caused.

  23. Stryder... in my experience it extends to USPS as well - I've done similar orders from another site (when what i wanted wasn't available from you guys) and the international shipping, even via usps, seems substantially less.

    No idea how... but they're doing it somehow!

    I still try to order from NP whenever possible because I appreciate this forum and think you're a great company. It sure would be nice if you could figure out how they are undercutting your international rates though.

    For example, at the other site i've used - I just checked for a small order of LG slin, DCP, and LR the slow option (7-14 days) came to $18.99 and the express (2-3 days) came to $26.99.... both markedly cheaper than the rates i was able to find on NP for the same order and similar shipping options - $26.50 and $36.14 respectively (well, i had to substitute recreate for LR since the latter was out of stock but no weight difference).

    Hope that shows what we are talking about!

  24. New Fedex International Shipping Rates Now Live

    After some negotiations, we have managed to bring the price down on FedEx International. It is not possible to negotiate with USPS, so those prices will remain the same for the foreseeable future, but USPS is still about 10% cheaper. Looking forward to your continued feedback so we can serve you better. Thanks again for your continued support !

  25. Quote Originally Posted by stryder View Post
    In order for us to get to the bottom of this, I need everyone's help. Munique, please PM me your email so we can correspond more efficiently. My webmaster and I will gather the data from you and connect with FedEx to get this resolved. Anyone else with similar problems, please PM me.

    This is a very important issue to me and I want everyone to know that I WILL get this resolved in an expedited manner. I know that it appears to some who do not know the NutraPlanet culture that we are intentionally ripping people off, but I assure you that this is absolutely not the case. Our rate quotes come directly from FedEx and USPS, so there is obviously a missing element that we are overseeing, but with your help we will make international freight affordable for everyone...this is my commitment and promise to all our valued overseas customers, but I cannot do it without detailed information and feedback from everyone.
    Sam we know NP is great company and the rates comes from usps or fedex, my last order from NP was about 17 lbs and teh shippin was about 220$ ! " fedex economy" ,while on the BB crap site would have came at 130 $ with fedex express but i stille order with NP always cuz of the service and teh deals and teh exclusives bulks

    what is sumhwat strange is why FEDEX or usps doenst give special rates for NP? AS they do with some otehr site you should negociate the same rates!
    keep it goin

  26. Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    New Fedex International Shipping Rates Now Live

    After some negotiations, we have managed to bring the price down on FedEx International. It is not possible to negotiate with USPS, so those prices will remain the same for the foreseeable future, but USPS is still about 10% cheaper. Looking forward to your continued feedback so we can serve you better. Thanks again for your continued support !
    Wow , good news that was really fast!

  27. Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    New Fedex International Shipping Rates Now Live

    After some negotiations, we have managed to bring the price down on FedEx International. It is not possible to negotiate with USPS, so those prices will remain the same for the foreseeable future, but USPS is still about 10% cheaper. Looking forward to your continued feedback so we can serve you better. Thanks again for your continued support !
    cheers for that bro, maybe some of the cheaper freight options offered by other sites are for non-trackable shipping? just a thought

    i don't like un-trackable parcels so i don't mind paying the extra

  28. Thanks everyone! For clarification, I wasn't speaking to anyone specific in this thread, but I know there are some who may not have ordered from us that are reading this and drawing a conclusion that we're padding our shipping rates for profit, and was speaking more so to them.

    But I appreciate everyone's help in getting us the best possible rates

  29. Quote Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
    Stryder... in my experience it extends to USPS as well - I've done similar orders from another site (when what i wanted wasn't available from you guys) and the international shipping, even via usps, seems substantially less.

    No idea how... but they're doing it somehow!

    I still try to order from NP whenever possible because I appreciate this forum and think you're a great company. It sure would be nice if you could figure out how they are undercutting your international rates though.

    For example, at the other site i've used - I just checked for a small order of LG slin, DCP, and LR the slow option (7-14 days) came to $18.99 and the express (2-3 days) came to $26.99.... both markedly cheaper than the rates i was able to find on NP for the same order and similar shipping options - $26.50 and $36.14 respectively (well, i had to substitute recreate for LR since the latter was out of stock but no weight difference).

    Hope that shows what we are talking about!
    That definitely helps...thanks Flyboy!

    Couple more bits of info need...

    Can you tell me which carrier and shipping method was compared from the other site and ours? For instance are they both USPS Priority or FedEx economy? I know some people offer USPS first class mail whereas we use Priority Mail, for example. Just trying to get an exact methods and quotes so I can take it to the appropriate company and start hammering at them for deals
  30. Competitor Comparison


    Hey guys, we were able to drop the FedEx International by an additional 10% and here are pics showing the difference between our rates and a well known competitor's. These are both shipping to Queensland, Australia for the exact item and quantities...check it:

    Competitors Shipping Rates:


    NutraPlanet Shipping Rates:


    The competitor has a cheaper rate for "International Shipping" but there is not description as to what this is. This could be surface, first class, or priority, therefore we cannot compare apples to apples.

    Regarding FedEx rates, we can accurately compare our exact shipping methods and we are between $8 - $10 cheaper.

    Which leads me to my next question, are most of these major shipping fee differences in Canada? I ask because some companies may offer ground shipping to Canada but we do not. All of our Canadian methods are air delivery because we were being hit with duties because customers were not being charged up front for them and they billed us.

    Just trying to factor out all the variables in our pursuit of getting everyone the best deal possible...cause that's how we roll!

  31. Quote Originally Posted by Cub View Post
    MOD EDIT: Actually, freedom of speech applies to public domains, not private ones. Coming into a forum in which one company pays to sponsor and telling everyone about another company is not only against the rules, but disrespectful as well. If you do not like the rules that YOU agreed to upon registering, then you simply do not have to be here.

    I suggest you read this:

    Its not personal...really it isn't..lol
    MOD EDIT: Looks like you chose. At least make the insult funny next time.

  32. Last time i ordered it was expensive, yes. But they had listed it as a gift and I didnt get charged a penny for tariff taxes which was nice.

  33. Quote Originally Posted by stryder View Post
    Hey guys, we were able to drop the FedEx International by an additional 10% and here are pics showing the difference between our rates and a well known competitor's. These are both shipping to Queensland, Australia for the exact item and quantities...check it:

    Competitors Shipping Rates:


    NutraPlanet Shipping Rates:


    The competitor has a cheaper rate for "International Shipping" but there is not description as to what this is. This could be surface, first class, or priority, therefore we cannot compare apples to apples.

    Regarding FedEx rates, we can accurately compare our exact shipping methods and we are between $8 - $10 cheaper.

    Which leads me to my next question, are most of these major shipping fee differences in Canada? I ask because some companies may offer ground shipping to Canada but we do not. All of our Canadian methods are air delivery because we were being hit with duties because customers were not being charged up front for them and they billed us.

    Just trying to factor out all the variables in our pursuit of getting everyone the best deal possible...cause that's how we roll!
    Stryder, pretty sure that is USPS 6-10 day option. ive ordered from BB.com and always choose the cheapest option. Never takes longer then 2 weeks so i guess that is it.

    One thing that you guys could do is put "gift" on the customs sheet. The last 2-3 times ive ordered from NP ive got a rather pricey customs charge on top of the shipping. This really does make it not worth my while ordering. Other companies put gift, that goes for anything i order internationally weather it be clothes, supps, etc.

  34. nice tip aussie

    have you seen mine? lol no homo

  35. Quote Originally Posted by Australian made View Post
    Stryder, pretty sure that is USPS 6-10 day option. ive ordered from BB.com and always choose the cheapest option. Never takes longer then 2 weeks so i guess that is it.

    One thing that you guys could do is put "gift" on the customs sheet. The last 2-3 times ive ordered from NP ive got a rather pricey customs charge on top of the shipping. This really does make it not worth my while ordering. Other companies put gift, that goes for anything i order internationally weather it be clothes, supps, etc.
    We used to ship all of our orders as gift, but our local PO has been cracking down on that and started sending our packages back until we mark it as "other". We apologize for the inconvenience, but we can no longer claim them as gift--yeah, I'm really pissed at my postmaster

  36. ok fair enough.
  37. Wink International Shipping


    If you do want to set up international shipping in bulk, it may be worth it to set up a US Address with a reliable company I've used called BongoUS.com
    Shipping calculations, info, etc can be found on their site if you want to do some research
    Most US websites do not ship internationally so this service can come in handy to overseas buyers.
    Hope this helps.. : )

  38. sorry stryder... will get back to your pm later - been mega busy!

  39. I would never order FEDEX.

    Because they have their own custom officers who have NFI... and they normally ship items back without question, if items r LEGAL.

    Its too much of a risk with the current currency to lose money on items or shipping. Its not a safe option.

    USPS is much safer. All I hear is horror stories from FEDEX.

  40. Quote Originally Posted by AdelV View Post
    I would never order FEDEX.

    Because they have their own custom officers who have NFI... and they normally ship items back without question, if items r LEGAL.

    Its too much of a risk with the current currency to lose money on items or shipping. Its not a safe option.

    USPS is much safer. All I hear is horror stories from FEDEX.
    I guess I'm lucky. Cos the fedex customer service in my country has been most excellent. They do their best to get you your package whole and intact.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 67
    Last Post: 10-04-2010, 10:59 AM
  2. Shipping too expensive
    By darkvard in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 137
    Last Post: 09-14-2010, 04:47 AM
Log in
Log in