bulk beta alanine

icanrace

icanrace

Awards
awhile back I bought a can of Xtend and it came with a small can of NP BA. Can someone tell me an easy way to measure this? Does anyone know if the scoop in Xtend will work and what its equivilant to for the BA?

Thanks in advance

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm away from my supp stash until Sat night, but the density of the BA is listed on the side of the tub. It says 1/4tsp = 800mg I believe. so 1 tbsp=9.6g approx. Figure out how many serving of Xtend you have, and much BA you want/serving, and mix it in or add separately (easier) to your shake. I usually use just over 1/2tsp (~2g) pre and intra-WO.

ShiftyCapone

ShiftyCapone

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I usually pack a 1/4tsp. measuring spoon flat and toss it in my pre-workout drink. I do 2 of these, which I have measured (on a scale) at about 2.5g

gettingully1

gettingully1

Awards
how does BA do in water? can i mix some BA with my water while i lift?

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
how does it taste though? does it even have a flavor? I want to buy this in bulk too.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
how does it taste though? does it even have a flavor? I want to buy this in bulk too.
It's practically tasteless; the only thing is if you lick the spoon and leave it on your tongue for a while it might start to tingle :lol

I've gone through probably 1 kilo+ of it, and never noticed a taste. Not even salty like GABA; it's just granular. It's the perfect bulk powder because it even dissolves without a hitch. Just picked up my 3rd 500g tub of it; cheap and seems to help a bit (Or atleast the placebo effect :D)

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
what bout the bcaa bulk powder? you know how that taste?

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
BCAA`s are naturally a bit bitter; they are also hydrophobic so they will float on the top of the water. The bitterness can be masked easily by some citrus drink crystals; the mixability takes a bit of patience but can be done. I usually don`t even bother flavouring or mixing up my BCAA`s too much, I just drink it fluffy. As long as I don`t end up with a BCAA`s mustache ;)

ShiftyCapone

ShiftyCapone

Awards
  • Established
Dissolved in water, it's virtually tasteless. But try to avoid getting it in direct contact with the skin above or below your lips. Sometimes it leaves my skin irritated if drink out of a glass as opposed to a water bottle.

Straight powder is somewhat tart, even slightly alkali-like. But still very faint....

Personally, I think it tastes kinda nasty. Nothing unbearable, but it's just funky. Hard to describe really. It leaves this undesirable taste in your mouth along with a weird filmy feel (not cool on the teeth). And I feel like it makes my breath rather raunchy as well.

With that said, the taste can be slightly masked with some Crystal Light or any other flavor packet. But with an effective amount in a single bottle of water, you just can't get around it. And the film and funky breath are still there regardless. No big deal though IMO...

icanrace

icanrace

Awards
It's practically tasteless; the only thing is if you lick the spoon and leave it on your tongue for a while it might start to tingle :lol
)
getting a numby on BA, roflmao :duel: