Green Tea Powder - can it be mixed to drink? - AnabolicMinds.com

Green Tea Powder - can it be mixed to drink?

1. Senior Member

Green Tea Powder - can it be mixed to drink?

As of late, I've really enjoyed drinking green tea. I pulled (maybe better put yanked, kicking and screaming) myself off coffee, and green tea has been an enjoyable drink to sip on through work and whatnot.

Albeit a rather odd question - NP's bulk Green Tea powder... if mixed with water, how would it taste? Favorably? Surely would be cost effecient.

Thoughts?

2. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Highly disgusting...would NOT recommend.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  3. PES Rep
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I currently cap mine and take it on an empty stomach
    •   

4. Senior Member

Understood. Darn, kind of had my hopes up. Thanks guys.
  5. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Highlanda01602 View Post
    Understood. Darn, kind of had my hopes up. Thanks guys.
    We were actually working on an instantized GT\Yerba Mate combo, called MotiviTea. i haven't checked status in a long time....I think I will.
  6. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Highly disgusting...would NOT recommend.
    yeah, its not good. if you want an instant green tea grab some of the lipton or crystal lite singles. They're quite good.
  7. Senior Member

We were actually working on an instantized GT\Yerba Mate combo, called MotiviTea. i haven't checked status in a long time....I think I will.
    This I'd really like to see. How are the RPN "bliss shots" coming?

I've made some pretty damn good combinations along these lines over the last couple months. I've actually used St. John's wart in place of kanna a few times (bc its cheaper) with some pretty decent success. I'm looking forward to your version however.
  8. Senior Member

That really does sound great. Have yet to experiment myself with Yerba Mate, but I've heard only positive things. I actually think I enjoy green tea more than coffee nowadays.

Any ideas on a good substitute until a product like yours come to light? Fairly new to green tea in general... looking for a pure (w/o additives) brand to consistantly drink. Unsure at the average price range of what I should be expecting with so many choices.
  9. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by quigs View Post
    yeah, its not good. if you want an instant green tea grab some of the lipton or crystal lite singles. They're quite good.
    Would you say these are ideal for a daily basis? I've developed the habit of having a drink by my side whenever I read or do work (used to be coffee). I'd actually be more for a pure green tea drink, whereas crystal lite is on the artficial side. Good suggestions though.
  10. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Would you say these are ideal for a daily basis? I've developed the habit of having a drink by my side whenever I read or do work (used to be coffee). I'd actually be more for a pure green tea drink, whereas crystal lite is on the artficial side. Good suggestions though.
    Daily basis... hmmm. Well they do have a sweetener; typically Sucralose or Aspartame. Depends on how you feel on ingesting those compounds on a daily basis; I'd say they're not bad but I feel regular green tea is more natural and preferable (Especially if you live up here in cold Canada!)
  11. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Daily basis... hmmm. Well they do have a sweetener; typically Sucralose or Aspartame. Depends on how you feel on ingesting those compounds on a daily basis; I'd say they're not bad but I feel regular green tea is more natural and preferable (Especially if you live up here in cold Canada!)
    The new Stevia is excellent....they have gotten rid of both bitterness and aftertaste.

I think we'll use that.
  12. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

The new Stevia is excellent....they have gotten rid of both bitterness and aftertaste.

I think we'll use that.
    I heard about the non-bitter stevia and must say it is promising. If you're going to source it for a project, I wonder if Sam would be interested in carrying some in bulk.
  13. NutraPlanet Fanatic

I heard about the non-bitter stevia and must say it is promising. If you're going to source it for a project, I wonder if Sam would be interested in carrying some in bulk.
    Yeah, that would work.
  14. Senior Member

Yeah I use them all the time. Real convenient to throw in a water bottle. I prefer it to coffee. The lipton is a bit more "tea like" where the crystal lite stuff is more like kool aid with tea in it i guess. If you're used to drinking plain green tea, then you'll probably prefer the lipton brand.

I personally prefer the lipton. They provide a nice little caffeine boost ( i think there's like 30-50mg per serving) as well as EGCG of green tea.

I get them at the supermarket but i've seen it at amazon and stuff too.
  15. Senior Member

The CL has aspertame. I'm looking at a packet right now. I don't mind artificial sweeteners though (actually prefer them) so its cool with me.
  16. Senior Member

I think we'll use that.
    Interesting. The stevia that I've used in the past was pretty lousy in comparison to other non-nutritive sweeteners.

Why not use splenda? Just curious...
  17. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

The CL has aspertame. I'm looking at a packet right now. I don't mind artificial sweeteners though (actually prefer them) so its cool with me.
    Nestea uses Splenda, and I think in the US some brands of CL has Sucralose (ie. Live Active). Walmart's Great Value brand uses sucralose too.
  18. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Interesting. The stevia that I've used in the past was pretty lousy in comparison to other non-nutritive sweeteners.

Why not use splenda? Just curious...
    We would be able to expand the market to the people that fear artificial sweeteners - and there are a lot of them out there.
  19. New Member

yerba would be nice
  20. Senior Member

We would be able to expand the market to the people that fear artificial sweeteners - and there are a lot of them out there.
    Gotcha. I didn't think that there was much of a splenda-scare. Aspartame, yes. Although IMO, unfounded.
  21. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Gotcha. I didn't think that there was much of a splenda-scare. Aspartame, yes. Although IMO, unfounded.
    You would be surprised by what some people think about Sucralose. Some have heard it contains "Chlorine", they think of Chlorine gas, and thus they assume it's bad for you. I made sure to remind them that salt is Sodium CHLORIDE, but many people like to stay away from anything artificial.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. White Flood mixed with Green Mag?
    By CJ2KFAN89 in forum Controlled Labs
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 03-26-2011, 01:42 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-09-2010, 02:03 PM
  3. Question On BCAA drink i mixed...
    By East1600Plus in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-31-2007, 09:45 AM