Virile mane Pricing War...UPDATE - AnabolicMinds.com

Virile mane Pricing War...UPDATE

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Virile mane Pricing War...UPDATE

Pricing Update:

There has been some confusion and anger over the pricing of Virile Mane across several websites, and I am going to nip this in the bud before feelings get hurt and customers get angry.

We debuted the product with BETA packagin (see earlier in the thread, around page 10 or so) at a DISCOUNT to get the formula into your hands while we got final labels done. There then ensued a pricing war which has gotten out of hand. The prices posted on other sites is NOT acceptable, nor will it be resupplied until things are in order. I did not invest countless hours of time and MANY thousands of dollars making this perfect only to barely be able to break even.

The retail cost on this WILL be around $42. Final labels ARE on the way now, and the beta product (SAME FORMULA...FINAL FORMULA IS INSIDE THE BOTTLES) will cease.

We are puttin together stack deals to save you what we can, but at the end of the day, I need to feed my wife and 3 kids while still having enough to expand the product line. IN case you hadn't seen, I have about 5 products ready to roll just lacking funding.

I appreciate everyone's patience, and for those that got an unbelievable deal you should count yourself as lucky. Nobody can take a loss like that selling something for long.

Nutraplanet has been VERY supportive of RPN, and continues to do so. There have been accusations of people feeling "ripped off" and deceived into thinking they were getting a smoking deal. I feel some perspective needs to be placed into this situation. The product at $30, and even at $42, IS a phenomenal deal even if it lasted a month. This is a product designed to last 3 months, and is effective solo.

Everyone wants to save a few bucks, but unless RPN freezes all development and the new products never see the light of day, things have to find homeostasis.

All the thanks and respect in the world to Nutraplanet, for without THEIR initial support of everything we have done, none of our products would have been enough to keep the company alive. I chose to buck the Muscletech/BSN/ad nauseum business models and actually try to get you guys the best products at VERY good prices.

I hope you all understand and remain with us as we make this transition.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.

Classy, i am slightly disapointed in the lack of sexual puns in this post, lol.
  3. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by somewhatgifted View Post
    Classy, i am slightly disapointed in the lack of sexual puns in this post, lol.
    In my world, sex and disappointment seem to go together. Is it me?
    •   

4. Banned

I support you, big fellow... of course from all reports, I should say small.

I buy at the minimum 3 RPN products a month (sometimes 4), so I hope that helps.

By the way, my mother loves the Java Fusion Reed Diffusor. And my wife is addicted to Bobu Shimmering Body Butter! Oh, and Renegade.

EDIT: Any chance on a Christmas Care Basket?
  5. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Lungz View Post
    I support you, big fellow... of course from all reports, I should say small.

I buy at the minimum 3 RPN products a month (sometimes 4), so I hope that helps.

By the way, my mother loves the Java Fusion Reed Diffusor. And my wife is addicted to Bobu Shimmering Body Butter! Oh, and Renegade.

EDIT: Any chance on a Christmas Care Basket?
    Thanks IR...comment ignored.

I am VERY pleased with the way the baskets came out this year. WAY better lineup, with stuff that has yet to be released yet too.

Shoot me a PM if you want one!
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Well said, matt.

Your innovation, drive, and commitment is what drove me to RPN in the first place, and is why i'm glad to be part of the team!

Legendary

7. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Thanks IR...comment ignored.

I am VERY pleased with the way the baskets came out this year. WAY better lineup, with stuff that has yet to be released yet too.

Shoot me a PM if you want one!
    Will do.
    Thanks!
  8. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

The pic of the gift baskets is RPN PResents: Holiday Gift Baskets 2008 . I must say you did a bang-up job Matt, and Happy Holidays to you
  9. Senior Member

good to see you be up front and nipping this in the bud. pay no mind to those who get angry; the bald just tend to be a very angry and bitter bunch.
  10. Senior Member

I need to feed my wife and 3 kids
    YouTube - Oliver!
  11. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Mister, I've got 4 kids to feed.

12. Senior Member

What 5 products?
  13. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by AdelV View Post
    What 5 products?
    Clear Edge Renewed, Thermo-gum, the softmoist FidOmega, MAgnaForm, and the STrANGE Ecstasy Shots are at the top of the list.
  14. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Clear Edge Renewed, Thermo-gum, the softmoist FidOmega, MAgnaForm, and the STrANGE Ecstasy Shots are at the top of the list.
    And there's so many you've got in development too lol. Trajectory sounds quite promising (Mitochondrial Boosting)

Here's a good compilation of his stuff http://anabolicminds.com/forum/recom...-inventor.html
  15. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    And there's so many you've got in development too lol. Trajectory sounds quite promising (Mitochondrial Boosting)

Here's a good compilation of his stuff http://anabolicminds.com/forum/recom...-inventor.html
    I forgot about the ImmunoTarts too....the Gut Health candies for kids.
  16. NP Supplement Pimp
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

While we are on the subject about Virile Mane's pricing, NutraPlanet would like to make all customers aware of the current, but temporary sale price!

THROUGH SUNDAY, THE 14TH ONLY, help keep Christmas money in your pocket, buy taking advantage of the $23/UNIT SALE PRICE on Virile Mane! Sale ends the 15th at the strike of midnight!

DON'T HESITATE, THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE TO SAVE BIG $$$ ON THIS NEW, PHENOMENAL, AND VERY EFFECTIVE PRODUCT BY RPN!
    Nice Products, Nice Prices, Nice People, No Problems....NutraPlanet.com!....Welcome to our World!
  17. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by NutraPlanet CS View Post
    While we are on the subject about Virile Mane's pricing, NutraPlanet would like to make all customers aware of the current, but temporary sale price!

THROUGH SUNDAY, THE 14TH ONLY, help keep Christmas money in your pocket, buy taking advantage of the $23/UNIT SALE PRICE on Virile Mane! Sale ends the 15th at the strike of midnight!

DON'T HESITATE, THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE TO SAVE BIG $$$ ON THIS NEW, PHENOMENAL, AND VERY EFFECTIVE PRODUCT BY RPN!
    THis is the last of the betas going out here. Final labeled bottles WILL be shipped starting next week, which means price will be going up to retail.
  18. NP Supplement Pimp
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

THis is the last of the betas going out here. Final labeled bottles WILL be shipped starting next week, which means price will be going up to retail.

Correctamoondo! This is your LAST CHANCE on this killer savings opportunity!!!
    Nice Products, Nice Prices, Nice People, No Problems....NutraPlanet.com!....Welcome to our World!
  19. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by NutraPlanet CS View Post
    Correctamoondo! This is your LAST CHANCE on a killer saving opportunity!!!
    Listen to The Fonz and don't jump the shark on this deal.
  20. New Member

I am going to wait until my first bottle is almost gone, then happily buy at the new price.
  21. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Lungz;
    ... And my wife is addicted to Bobu Shimmering Body Butter!...
    I am currently using one, too. Pure delight! I'll order the non-shimmering version next week, just to experience the entire range.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  22. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Today's the last day!
  23. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

T-11:56:33 and counting.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  24. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    T-11:56:33 and counting.
    I shall personally announce when it's T-1 hour.

Jump on this great deal fellas before it's gone!

Legendary

25. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation

yep i grabbed mine on saturday im donna snap pics of my hairline and unsponsor log this
    toes-on-the-nose.blogspot.com Deployed blogging
  26. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Outside Backer View Post
    yep i grabbed mine on saturday im donna snap pics of my hairline and unsponsor log this
    I think I announced this at BB.com, but forgot to here.

CLEAR before and progress pics are invaluable to us for marketing and literature.

We are going to pick about 8 people that submit clear, bright, and complete photo logs of usage. These 8 will release permission to use their pictures in ads, etc. and in exchange will be given a full year's worth of the Hair Growth Stack (Java Lustre, Virile Mane, NOxidant, and the conditioner.)
  27. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  220 lbs.

i think 30 bucks is perfect. when i read your post i thought of latrell sprewell. i dont mean to be a ****er or anything but when ppl say stuff about money i personally need to have proof about making a profit breaking even etc. personally since i got my 2 bottles i will see if it makes any difference and if not i will just use my minox and other stuff. good luck to you dsade.
  28. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ludacris007 View Post
    i think 30 bucks is perfect. when i read your post i thought of latrell sprewell. i dont mean to be a ****er or anything but when ppl say stuff about money i personally need to have proof about making a profit breaking even etc. personally since i got my 2 bottles i will see if it makes any difference and if not i will just use my minox and other stuff. good luck to you dsade.
    You're not, however you probably wont get it.

In the end, especially as the, up until now, private feedback we have been getting becomes more public and the results stand on their own it becomes one of value - do I, as a consumer, feel that comparable results on my own head are worth spending 50 cents a day (around $42 for 3 months, = $14 a month/30 days = roughly 50 cents)?

Given the reaction so far, I could (and maybe in a different mindset would) have charged $80 or so and STILL been a better value than minox.

This thread was made to address that as well - to show that we are in this economy too, and feeling it like everyone else. It was posted to let everyone know what the FINAL retail would be and let each begin the thought process necessary to come to grips with the beta sale being over and to realize that it's still the best valued, and likely most effective, option around.
  29. Advanced Member

In the end, especially as the, up until now, private feedback we have been getting becomes more public and the results stand on their own it becomes one of value - do I, as a consumer, feel that comparable results on my own head are worth spending 50 cents a day (around $42 for 3 months, = $14 a month/30 days = roughly 50 cents)?

Given the reaction so far, I could (and maybe in a different mindset would) have charged $80 or so and STILL been a better value than minox.

This thread was made to address that as well - to show that we are in this economy too, and feeling it like everyone else. It was posted to let everyone know what the FINAL retail would be and let each begin the thought process necessary to come to grips with the beta sale being over and to realize that it's still the best valued, and likely most effective, option around.

You are absolutely right, 42 dollars for 3 months is almost too good to be true. People are willing to buy test boosters here for 40 dollars a bottle, which will last them a month at the most and which will give them no results whatsoever. (perhaps a slight increase in libido) Go figure!

And bless you for the Banish; the last time my face was this clear, was before I hit Puberty.
  30. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.

I think I announced this at BB.com, but forgot to here.

CLEAR before and progress pics are invaluable to us for marketing and literature.

We are going to pick about 8 people that submit clear, bright, and complete photo logs of usage. These 8 will release permission to use their pictures in ads, etc. and in exchange will be given a full year's worth of the Hair Growth Stack (Java Lustre, Virile Mane, NOxidant, and the conditioner.)

Wow, I was planning on doing an unsponsored log before I even saw this, this is just amazing. That is a fantastic opportunity dsade.
  31. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  220 lbs.

Dsade- i have an issue with this whole feeding my fam thing. millions dont have jobs and are getting kicked out of their homes. i feel sorry for them and not so much for you because your profit margin is slightly lower than you would like. i understand you have a business to run but remember there are people that are in really deep **** and i think you should be thankful for what you have. just my .02
  32. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

Dsade- i have an issue with this whole feeding my fam thing. millions dont have jobs and are getting kicked out of their homes. i feel sorry for them and not so much for you because your profit margin is slightly lower than you would like. i understand you have a business to run but remember there are people that are in really deep **** and i think you should be thankful for what you have. just my .02
    Are you serious dude? So Matt puts in days/weeks worth of labor, creates something from nothing, and then should not make a profit on it?

I hope you go to work every day and not get paid. Maybe if the other people that are in "deep ****" had worked within their budgets and capabilities, they would find themselves in Matt's spot. He stresses about every penny in his working budget and takes any excess and throws them right back into R & D for people like...wait for it...wait for it...US! How else do you think he keeps creating the products we consume on a daily basis?

I just have no words for you dude; go use someone else's products if you have a problem w/ a man making an honest living.
  33. NutraPlanet Fanatic

You can take issue with what you want. I sacrifice almost all the comforts of life and don't even remotely live a luxurious life, dedicating the majority of my FREE time (is there such a thing?) to business and development, trying to figure out ways of squeezing every drop of value from the logistical realities of manufacturing.

What I mentioned about my family, aside from being true, is a wider example meant to statev "at the end of the day, there is x amount of overhead that HAS to be covered, or the business fails within 3 weeks". I'm not going to let my business fail because you feel the product should be cheaper. INgredients cost x amount, facilities cost x amount, machinery costs x amount, shipping/bottles/caps/etc all cost money and, yes, my time costs money. Add them all together and you get a COST of the product (break even point). When considering how much profit to put onto the product there are also things to consider - how much buffer against things like a sudden unavailability of raws, how much expanded production, future product development, etc.

As I said, I could have easily charged $90 for a 3 month supply. Instead, I took into account that this economy sucks, therefore not only would we sell more units at a cheaper price, but the customers hopes are unchanging (hair) while income to spend DOES change. I spent 4 years of my free time developing this - time NOT spent with family, friends, etc.

How much is that time worth to you? Simply put, that time is worth whatever YOU say it's worth - and if others think that's reasonable then you are open to freely trade. I am not a slave to your need, nor your disjointed views of what my time should be worth, nor are the misfortunes of others in the least bit relevant to what MY life is worth. Maybe I would have rather spent these years traveling and camping with my family...instead I chose to tackle problems and TRY to make the world a tad better, at a hell of a good price for my efforts.

Again, you are free to trade - or not. You are always welcome to start your OWN company, and you can give away your products for free. Good luck with that.
  34. Team Nutra Ninja Monkey Trainer

Dsade, Some people seem to think if your the CEO of a company, your rolling in dough and use $100 bills to wipe your @ss. There is LOTS of sacrafice, blood, sweat, and tears that go into making a business sucessfull, especially if you start from scratch. Some people that have not done it themselves will just never get it. The fact that you have upped the ante and have been steadily producing many new products this year in a depressed economy shows you are doing things right. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Your pricing on all products are very fair !
  35. Senior Member

nice, another student of the fitmodel school of economics. they can all start a commune together or something
  36. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Most people don't realize that the minimum cost for any new product is around $8-10k.

This has to come from profits from PREVIOUS products, beyond all expenses.
  37. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by verner View Post
    Dsade, Some people seem to think if your the CEO of a company, your rolling in dough and use $100 bills to wipe your @ss.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  38. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  220 lbs.

business advice from a dude having trouble feeding his family. hahaha. bc u are ceo doesn't give u the right to talk to people the way you do. you need to read the for dummies series and realize you don't talk to a loyal customer like that. maybe I was out of line but your response is even more so. and for the record when you set ur prices you don't say I need to feed my fam or other sob stories. u think gates or dell said I need to set the price of my products at this to feed my family. I meant no disrespect to your fam but just set the damn price and if people like ur product they will buy it. good luck.
  39. NutraPlanet Fanatic

business advice from a dude having trouble feeding his family. hahaha. bc u are ceo doesn't give u the right to talk to people the way you do. you need to read the for dummies series and realize you don't talk to a loyal customer like that. maybe I was out of line but your response is even more so. and for the record when you set ur prices you don't say I need to feed my fam or other sob stories. u think gates or dell said I need to set the price of my products at this to feed my family. I meant no disrespect to your fam but just set the damn price and if people like ur product they will buy it. good luck.
    Whether I stated it badly, this WAS the substance of my post.

Sorry if it came across wrong.

And nowhere in my post did I say I was having trouble feeding my family, did I?
  40. Advanced Member

I picked up 2 at the awsome price, will give them a go on my thining hair. I will have no problem paying normal price if i get results close to some of the pictures I've seen posted; it will be well worth the money.

I do, however have a question: Will I keep hair that regrows after I cease use?

Similar Forum Threads

1. Virile Mane
    By Jorsn in forum Genomyx
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-13-2011, 02:41 PM
  2. RPN's Virile Mane... Finally!
    By Steveoph in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-14-2008, 03:53 PM