Sustained release r-ALA + ALCAR - AnabolicMinds.com

Sustained release r-ALA + ALCAR

1. Advanced Member

Sustained release r-ALA + ALCAR

I think the merits of ALCAR and r-ALA (Na-ALA, etc.) are well established. Many recommend the antioxidant benefits of ALA as a safeguard when cranking up mitochondrial activity with high doses of ALCAR. The issue is that ALA has a short half-life of like 25-30min. To really have a window of synergy you would need a sustained release form on ALA.

Why the hell isnt there a bulk SR Na-ALA (or r-ala) + ALCAR capped combo capsule out there? This seems like it would be hot. It would be at the top of my list of supplements. Is there not enough demand? I think LEF makes a really overpriced SR r-ala and I have seen some ALA/ALCAR combo caps from various companies. Still, I have yet to see a well priced combo like the one I speak of. What a shame... Until then I guess its just bulk na-ala and alcar.
    That which does not kill us makes us stronger - Friedrich Nietzsche

2. Board Sponsor

I've seen you request this a few times in the past, and seeing your other posts, you clearly know your stuff, so I would have no problems agreeing this would be a very worthy addition to our line or anyone's arsenal.

However, as you alluded to, the demand just may not be there right now.

I myself have never seen a sustained release ALA. it is something Geronova has developed?
  3. Advanced Member

There are R-ALA + ALCAR combos, you just have to search.

As for your suggestion, you could have it done at custom capsule. I did something similar but with LCLT and it is the best ergogenic aid I have ever used.
    •   

4. Advanced Member

There might be some kind of polymerization issue when capping. I have seen some mention that before. Yet, other brands have done plain ALA/ALCAR caps. Who knows... demand probably isnt that high anyway. Everyone is too busy buying NO-Xplode and ridiculous **** like that. lol
  5. Advanced Member

While am at it, can NP compete with NOW in price for an economical 7-keto? If so, bring it on.

Aside from stimulants, 7-keto and CLA are two of a very few number of supplements that actually have a decent body of literature demonstrating at least some benefit for weight loss.

Are the margins just not there or what?
  6. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
    While am at it, can NP compete with NOW in price for an economical 7-keto? If so, bring it on.

Aside from stimulants, 7-keto and CLA are two of a very few number of supplements that actually have a decent body of literature demonstrating at least some benefit for weight loss.

I know I mentioned 7-Keto to NutraMan a while back, same with 6-Bromo. I think it's something we can do, but there's a few things that are higher up in the priority list.
  7. Advanced Member

Bummer.

Apparently its patented and this company is fighting to protect the ALA/ALCAR combo.

http://juvenon.com/news/press_111704.htm

Well, it would still be nice to see some kind of Sustained release r-ala/na-ala to go along with my other NP bulks.
  8. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Most ALA/ALCAR blends use standard ALA, based on initial clinicals and studies. Replacing standard ALA with Na-RALA should deliver even greater benefits.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  9. Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine View Post

the 7-keto is kind of a weird situation. I think Humantics or whoever has the patent on 7-keto has finally started to enforce it. Thus, most manufacturers will not cap the stuff unless it is certified from the patent holder, which is fine with everyone at NP; we'd prefer to get the very best material we can while supporting the patent holders. BUT, Humantics(?) prices their stuff so ridiculously expensive, they are killing a goldmine before it can get started. Last time NP asked about getting some caps made, our cost would have been over $20 per bottle...seeing as how most people want to buy the product for less than that, it certainly creates some issues.
  10. Bananas
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.

SR NA-RALA would prolly cause some crazy lethargy though. I kno I get tired after taking it in non SR form. Sounds fun either way though. I am a antioxidant whore! luv that sh*t!
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  11. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  176 lbs.

let's revive interest in the anarchy stack (alcar, ala, cla, green tea, biotin).
  12. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hank Vangut View Post
    let's revive interest in the anarchy stack (alcar, ala, cla, green tea, biotin).
    That's standard for my daily sups (except NP's Na-ala). Goof stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by NutraMan View Post
    the 7-keto is kind of a weird situation. I think Humantics or whoever has the patent on 7-keto has finally started to enforce it. Thus, most manufacturers will not cap the stuff unless it is certified from the patent holder, which is fine with everyone at NP; we'd prefer to get the very best material we can while supporting the patent holders. BUT, Humantics(?) prices their stuff so ridiculously expensive, they are killing a goldmine before it can get started. Last time NP asked about getting some caps made, our cost would have been over $20 per bottle...seeing as how most people want to buy the product for less than that, it certainly creates some issues.
    NP aint scurred uh no Patents! And ya, its John Dykstra @ Humanetics. I dont think he's "losing out" by keeping it high. After all hes got deals with a lot of big names: NOW, BSN (Atro-Phex), Instone, MHP, Trimspa (money maker), NBTY (vitamin world) signed to distro their 7-keto as an ephedra alternative.

He also has MicroLactin (new joint care approach) and Inzitol (pinitol based glucose metabolism). I think he's keeping it high for a reason. The positive studies just keep coming on 7-keto. His stock is going up I think. One of the more recent from 2007 (7-Keto® Significantly Increases Resting Metabolic Rate According to Published Study in the Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry)

In terms of fat loss, there is tons of literature on CLA (specific isomers) and 7-keto. They are two of the most researched supplements. I am pretty convinced that they are both well worth the money as well. It looks like 7-keto is turning out to be less about cortisol and more about the liver enzyme action and increasing thyroid output as its method of fat loss. Perhaps oral is better for this purpose and transdermal is better suited for cortisol reduction. Apparently, oral 7-keto (and perhaps TD) dont really lower cortisol all that much. Still, its proving to be effective for metabolism.

Similar Forum Threads

1. best sustained release protein shake
    By qwerty33 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-10-2009, 11:50 PM
  2. ResV and sustained release r-ala/na-rala
    By Alpine in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-04-2009, 11:27 PM
  3. Sustained Vascularization Supps??
    By Korben in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-21-2009, 12:20 AM
  4. EST - Bio-Pro - Sustained Release Protein - Review
    By Skigazzi in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-21-2007, 10:33 PM
  5. Sustained release K for Clen cycle....
    By mindgames in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-07-2006, 06:58 AM