IntraAid ... is... you guessed it, IN!!!

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tired of your same old BCAA supplement? Why not try Universal Nutrition's Intra-Aid

Intra-Aid (25 servings) By: Universal Nutrition

Universal's Intra-Aid: Targated Intra-Workout Performance Matrix

Proper workout nutrition (intra-workout) is an area that is being supported by a legit, growing body of science. Intra-workout nutrition represents the next big nutritional frontier for bodybuilders and weightlifters. Even so, many lifters often ignore this period. Why is targeted intra-workout supplementation so important? Here's a short list: proper rehydration, muscle and liver glycogen resynthesis, improved immune function, decreased muscle catabolism, increased muscle protein synthesis, increased muscle anabolism, faster recovery and training at a higher intensity. It's amazing how so many benefits can get overlooked. Intra-Aid brings intra-workout nutrition into the 21st century. It's a combination of key complexes that work in synergy to maximize the aforementioned benefits of workout supplementation. Intra-Aid consists of 5 potent components: fast-acting hydrolyzed protein, a highly specialized carbohydrate blend, critical electrolytes, an essential amino acid blend, and key ergogenic agents. Intra-Aid combines all of the scientific benefits of proper intra-workout supplementation, leaving out the guesswork. The gym water fountain and popular high fructose "sports" drinks may be good for the regular athlete, but for the serious weight lifter, they just can't compare. Think of Intra-Aid as first-aid for your workout.
Intra-Aid FAQs

What is intra-workout nutrition and why is it important for weightlifters?
Intra-workout nutrition plays a vital role in ensuring that you get the most out of your workout, and helps you take your workout to the next level. Water and carb drinks alone can only do so much. Hydrolyzed whey, EAAs, BCAAs, electrolytes, carbs and ergogenic agents work together to ensure that you maximize your results.

What is the "anabolic window of opportunity"?
The "anabolic window of opportunity," as discussed in bodybuilding circles, is the open window of time immediately after a hard training session. During this time it's your job to get as many of the right nutrients through that opening as possible... However, it doesn't begin and end solely with post-workout nutrition. All bases need to be covered: pre-, intra- and post-. In terms of intra-workout nutrition, a recent study shows that protein co-ingestion w/ carbs stimulates whole-body and muscle protein synthesis rates during resistance exercise.

Why both free form aminos and hydrolyzed protein?
Intra-Aid is loaded with both free form essential amino acids and hydrolyzed protein to further enhance the anabolic response during resistance exercise. The dual combo allows you to efficiently combat the dreaded catabolic effects of training as well as delay muscular fatigue, further enhancing your training performance and recovery.

Why is Intra-Aid different from regular "sports drinks" designed for endurance athletes?
Intra-Aid is different from regular "sports drinks" because these commercial drinks only contain carbs (usually high-fructose corn syrup) and electrolytes. Where's the hydrolyzed whey? Where are the free-form EAAs? Any extra ergogenic aids? Most commercial sports drinks lack these vital nutrients. Without hydrolyzed whey, EAAs and beta alanine there is no way that you can properly prevent muscle catabolism, delay muscular fatigue and enhance muscle protein synthesis during your workout.

Is intra-workout nutrition backed by science?
Intra-workout nutrition is backed by both anecdotal feedback as well as actual science. Studies suggest that co-ingestion of hydrolyzed protein and carbs during resistance exercise stimulates whole-body as well as muscle protein synthesis. Proper intra-workout nutrition also works to support proper hydration, and increase strength, endurance and recovery.

Intra-Aid is more expensive that regular sports drinks. Why is that?
Most regular "sports drinks" are comprised of inferior carbs and electrolytes. They use cheap sources to mass produce and market it to many cosumers. Intra-Aid is an intra-workout supplement designed specifically for bodybuilders. It's packed with hydro whey, EAAs, beta alanine, key carbs and electrolytes. All ingredients are backed by science and are gym tested for results. If you want the best results, Intra-Aid goes to bat for you.

Do I need to take Intra-Aid every day?
Intra-Aid is designed specifically to be taken during a workout. There is no need to supplement with Intra-Aid on non-workout days.

Should I supplement anything else with Intra-Aid during the workout?
No. Intra-Aid is the bodybuilder's workout drink. It contains all the necessary ingredients for during workout nutrition and performance, hydrolyzed protein, essential aminos, electrolytes, carbohydrates and key ergogenics.

Are there any stimulants in Intra-Aid?
Intra-Aid is stimulant free. You should consume stimulants prior to your workout so that they are already in your system when your workout begins. Try using Universal Nutrition's Shock Therapy, which will take care of all your pre-workout supplementation.

Does Intra-Aid contain creatine?
No. Intra-Aid is creatine free. Most bodybuilders already supplement with creatine so we felt it was unnecessary to add it to Intra-Aid.

Can I use Intra-Aid while cutting or is it just for bulking?
You can use Intra-Aid while cutting or bulking. Since it provides you with all the key nutrients necessary during your workout, lntra-Aid will help preserve strength while cutting and enhance strength while on a bulk.

Can I stack Intra-Aid with other Universal supplements?
Yes. Intra-Aid can be stacked with a variety of other Universal supplements. In particular, if you are looking to take advantage of the "anabolic window of opportunity" that exists after your workout, we suggest the following stack?

* Pre-workout: 1 scoop of Shock Therapy.
* Intra-workout: 1 scoop of Intra-Aid.
* Post-workout: 3 scoops of Torrent.

I lift weights at night. Will I have any issues if I take Intra-Aid late in the day?
Absolutely not. Intra-Aid is stimulant free and will not keep you up at night. It provides you with the proper nutrition to get the most out of your workout.

Why are there carbs in Intra-Aid? If I'm on a low-carb diet can I use it?

To be a complete intra-workout supplement, a small dose of carbs are necessary. Protein, aminos or carbs alone isn't enough. When you combine key forms of protein, carbs and aminos together, you've got complete intra-workout nutrition. You can use Intra-Aid on a low-carb diet. Ten grams of targeted intra-workout carbohydrates will work to fuel your workout and increase your strength and endurance without any negative effects to your low-carb diet.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
i'm curious to hear how this tastes.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
thanks steve. i was just too lazy to search myself. :yawn:

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I logged IA too - it tastes effing awesome - better than any other intra-workout supp I've tried (xtend, xcell, pw, and obviously bulk).
Now, I'm just waiting to compare it to LG's new BC/EAA. IA really took me by surprise - it's awesome stuff.

King Con

Awards
  • Established
I logged IA too - it tastes effing awesome - better than any other intra-workout supp I've tried (xtend, xcell, pw, and obviously bulk).
Now, I'm just waiting to compare it to LG's new BC/EAA. IA really took me by surprise - it's awesome stuff.
Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks for putting this up as well... I was actually surprised at how great this stuff tasted.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Yea buddy!

Intra-Aid is in da houssss!

Good stuff Steve, thanks man.

Hg

Orangepeel

Orangepeel

Awards
  • Established
no joke, I looked forward to IA! I thought it tasted better than a lot of soft or bottled drinks!

I noticed most people on here liked mixing with a little more than the 24OZ the IA bottle says to mix with, but I really liked mixing with 20-24OZ to keep the taste strong. I just went back and fourth between the water fountain and my IA bottle the whole time!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yeah might be picking some up in the future as well. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Intra-aid is good stuff. I got the blue raspberry. Log in signature.

King Con

Awards
  • Established
no joke, I looked forward to IA! I thought it tasted better than a lot of soft or bottled drinks!

I noticed most people on here liked mixing with a little more than the 24OZ the IA bottle says to mix with, but I really liked mixing with 20-24OZ to keep the taste strong. I just went back and fourth between the water fountain and my IA bottle the whole time!
I find myself drinking it down waaaay too fast. It's delicious though. :eek:

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I find myself drinking it down waaaay too fast. It's delicious though. :eek:
I cant do this while hitting legs too hard or It'll come up. so sipping it is for me on intense leg days.(intense days in general)

anyways this is the best tasting bcaa Ive tasted.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Always look forward to drinking my IA. Never makes it to the end of the workout :)

Hg

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
i'm curious to hear how this tastes.
Simple changes to how ya prepare it can make big differences. I use 25-30 oz of water per flat scoop, not 20 oz. I prefer it. Also, throwing it in the freezer for an hour or so makes a big difference. Love the Intra-Aid "Freeze" as we call. it...

King Con

Awards
  • Established
I cant do this while hitting legs too hard or It'll come up. so sipping it is for me on intense leg days.(intense days in general)

anyways this is the best tasting bcaa Ive tasted.
Another thing for intense leg days, is an empty Real Gains bucket for when it does come up :p

I agree with the bolded part.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Another thing for intense leg days, is an empty Real Gains bucket for when it does come up :p

Don't leave it in the gym though, they will throw it out. Just ask Broc ;) LOL!

King Con

Awards
  • Established
Don't leave it in the gym though, they will throw it out. Just ask Broc ;) LOL!
Hahaha just another reason to order more and grow! Haha seriously though so many uses... My dad uses 'em for fishing buckets ...

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Hahaha just another reason to order more and grow! Haha seriously though so many uses... My dad uses 'em for fishing buckets ...

You can put a roll of toilet paper in it, snap the lid on and store it in your trunk. If I have to explain that one to you then fagetabowtit!

:dump:

King Con

Awards
  • Established
You can put a roll of toilet paper in it, snap the lid on and store it in your trunk. If I have to explain that one to you then fagetabowtit!

:dump:
The good ol HG emergency kit! :lol: