International shipping cost

  1. Registered User
    arnika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    100

    International shipping cost


    I remember the time when Nutraplanet did such promotions like 50% off on USPS international shipping... Now the price of oil is under 70$, why is the shipping rate not reducing? For all international customers the shipping price is very important.

  2. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Steveoph's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,524
    Rep Power
    41243

    Personally, last week I shipped something to the US and it cost me more than it did 2 months ago. It seems the shipping fuel surcharges haven't fallen yet. I know the NP staff work at keeping the shipping fair; a few months back they swung a deal that resulted in lower shipping (There's a thread in the NP section on it).

    Hopefully we will see the new oil prices reflected in shipping pricing. This is not an area we make money from, so it is both NP's and the consumer's best interest to have low shipping.
  3. Registered User
    b unit's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  242 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,647
    Rep Power
    1421

    Quote Originally Posted by arnika View Post
    I remember the time when Nutraplanet did such promotions like 50% off on USPS international shipping... Now the price of oil is under 70$, why is the shipping rate not reducing? For all international customers the shipping price is very important.
    That's USPS you need to ask not nutra

    i wish the price of shipping would drop though
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    wontdie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    277
    Rep Power
    226

    yeah, that's on USPS. I think there is a 'time lag' if the prices are ever going to fall.

    I still save when I order from NP, despite the overseas shipping charges.

    But rising US$ is making things more expensive for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by b unit View Post
    That's USPS you need to ask not nutra

    i wish the price of shipping would drop though
  5. Registered User
    Australian made's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    London
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,160
    Rep Power
    4319

    perhaps a 50% off if you spend over $200-$300 would be ideal. but these companies are pricks (usps, petrol co's), oil goes up and immediately their prices follow suit, prices come down and they go on about it trickling down etc. scumbags
  6. Registered User
    edsvallakung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    81

    I ordered from iherb this month and it cost me 3.99$ and from nutraplanet 24.00$ both using usps... do they have special deals or what?
  7. Registered User
    Australian made's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    London
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,160
    Rep Power
    4319

    Quote Originally Posted by edsvallakung View Post
    I ordered from iherb this month and it cost me 3.99$ and from nutraplanet 24.00$ both using usps... do they have special deals or what?
    the bigger sites will have cheaper shipping purely due to the volume of business they throw at USPS etc. Id be very suprised if Nutra was overcharging people for their own profit.....althoguh steveoph is a bit of a shady character
  8. Registered User
    Rostam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    789
    Rep Power
    46879

    Quote Originally Posted by edsvallakung View Post
    I ordered from iherb this month and it cost me 3.99$ and from nutraplanet 24.00$ both using usps... do they have special deals or what?
    First, yes it was a special deal. second you can't find all the product Nutra have at other sites. Some sites offer cheap shipping for few days/months to attract customers.
  9. Registered User
    edsvallakung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    81

    Quote Originally Posted by Rostam View Post
    First, yes it was a special deal. second you can't find all the product Nutra have at other sites. Some sites offer cheap shipping for few days/months to attract customers.
    hehe ya I know its 3.99 this month and 2 months ago they shipped worldwide for free... anyways I know they dont carry the same products and stuff but just wondering since itsa huge difference. And in the last 4-5 months I ordered from them they never charged me more than 12 dollars .. just saying when you want to keep the cost down since customs here wnats to charge you extra and **** if total cost is over say 40$ then 25 in just shipping kills you.
  10. Registered User
    Australian made's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    London
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,160
    Rep Power
    4319

    Quote Originally Posted by edsvallakung View Post
    hehe ya I know its 3.99 this month and 2 months ago they shipped worldwide for free... anyways I know they dont carry the same products and stuff but just wondering since itsa huge difference. And in the last 4-5 months I ordered from them they never charged me more than 12 dollars .. just saying when you want to keep the cost down since customs here wnats to charge you extra and **** if total cost is over say 40$ then 25 in just shipping kills you.
    Iherb stuff always gets stuck at customs for me and i have to pay royal mail a damn 12 fee toget it off them.
  11. Registered User
    gogo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    30
    Posts
    642
    Rep Power
    426

    Sorry to highjack but it has to do with shipping costs.
    I order from Canada and alot of the time i place quit big orders. I know when you place orders that are large you get free shipping in the us. Why cant we international shippers get some money off of our shipping cost. Like 10 back or something similar to the price it costs to ship in the US?
  12. Registered User
    Naseem's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  248 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Algeria
    Age
    32
    Posts
    320
    Rep Power
    1810

    NP , should put some pressure on fedex and get same fedex international prices as other carp site like bb.com , i was goin to make a 700 $ order, but fedex econmy came at 240 $ i mean i better put 240 on supplements ! that sucks i have to make smaller orders!
  13. Registered User
    b unit's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  242 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,647
    Rep Power
    1421

    yeah, well with the us dollar contining to make serious gains, my day of ordering from nutra will be seriously cut back, predictions are that soon my dollar will buy about 40 cents of US money, i'm screwed
  14. The Godfather of NUTRAPLANET
    Board Sponsor
    stryder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    middle earth
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,962
    Rep Power
    2803

    For Canadian customers, we used to offer FedEx ground services which cutt shipping costs DRASTICALLY...almost comparable to that of domestic rates, but unfortunately the courier service in Canada did not collect the duties and they ended up billing us. We lost hundreds of dollars because of this and had to quit offering the ground service to Canada.

    Hopefully one day this will change so we can start saving our Canadian customers some serious money on freight charges. However, this has no bearing on overseas customers...
  15. Registered User
    Australian made's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    London
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,160
    Rep Power
    4319

    Quote Originally Posted by b unit View Post
    yeah, well with the us dollar contining to make serious gains, my day of ordering from nutra will be seriously cut back, predictions are that soon my dollar will buy about 40 cents of US money, i'm screwed
    its eating away at the pound as well man. Im glad i got a decent order in about 6 weeks back.
  16. Banned
    jakellpet's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LHJO-ville
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,533
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by b unit View Post
    yeah, well with the us dollar contining to make serious gains, my day of ordering from nutra will be seriously cut back, predictions are that soon my dollar will buy about 40 cents of US money, i'm screwed
    looks like we're in the same boat too b unit.

    A financial meltdown and a rooted currency. Nice.
  17. Registered User
    arnika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    100

    My New Year wish - oil under 10$ and FREE international shipping
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 67
    Last Post: 10-04-2010, 09:59 AM
  2. Shipping cost
    By Purple Huskies in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-24-2005, 04:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in