John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I capped this stuff today and I don't know if it smelled like this when i got it. Smells pretty funky. Is there an expiration on that batch? Ive kept in in 70-78 degrees s
ince I bought it, in it's container. Just concerned for my health.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is pretty odourless and tasteless, perhaps you stored the container with something else that had a bit of a whiff to it because that's pretty recent. I wouldn't think it has gone bad on you.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It is pretty odourless and tasteless, perhaps you stored the container with something else that had a bit of a whiff to it because that's pretty recent. I wouldn't think it has gone bad on you.
nope kept the plain white Nutraplanet container. If I notice anything out of the ordinary with my health Ill post it. just being cautious because I don't think it smelled like this when i bought it. If Nutraplanet allows me to send it back and replace it I'd do it , I have some capped with the cap em quick Id send these along with the rest of my powder back for a replacement. I'm not saying it is bad I'm just not sure. I might have to email Sam if it works on my mind too much or hopefully it smells like it did.

I wish the internet had pm's where you could smell from where you are to where another is. lol

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
nope kept the plain white Nutraplanet container. If I notice anything out of the ordinary with my health Ill post it. just being cautious because I don't think it smelled like this when i bought it. If Nutraplanet allows me to send it back and replace it I'd do it , I have some capped with the cap em quick Id send these along with the rest of my powder back for a replacement. I'm not saying it is bad I'm just not sure. I might have to email Sam if it works on my mind too much or hopefully it smells like it did.

I wish the internet had pm's where you could smell from where you are to where another is. lol
Considering you purchased the Beta-Alanine 10 months ago, I don't think a exchange will be given. You should be fine though, it's just a dipeptide :)

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
it should last for years if stored away from light and moisture.
and if it had moisture damage it would clump.
10 months should be no problem.

lbarber

lbarber

Awards
  • Established
I recently ordered 1 kilo of Beta-Alanine last month and my container smells pretty bad... Like fish or something, I don't know, but I haven't felt sick from ingesting the product, so hmm...?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Beta-alanine has a slightly funky smell anyway. It's possible being closed up that long just sort of concentrated it.