Grab the Bull by the horns. Who wants Glucuronolactone?

NutraMan

NutraMan

Board Sponsor
Awards
Glucuronolactone is the active ingredient in RedBull brand energy drinks.

There have been three recent studies that measured the effects and efficacy of FEDs in different scenarios. Numerous supplement companies and retailers quote these studies when speaking of DGL. The inherent flaw with these studies is deducing the effect of DGL without controlling for caffeine and taurine.

Both compounds have documented effects on performance and counteracting fatigue. Nonetheless, they are of interest and noteworthy in the context of this article.

One study evaluated the effect of FEDs in counteracting driver sleepiness and concluded that they did reduce driver sleepiness and "driver-related incidents" with sleep restriction in monotonous driving environments14, 15. Empirically, most anyone walking out of convenience store could relay this, so the data is not surprising.

The next study evaluated FEDs on mood, memory and information processing on humans. The study controlled for sugar using a formula with sugar in one test group and a sugar-free in another. The sugar vs. sugar-free groups had no significant difference in test performance16. The FED vs. placebo did show improved attention and verbal reasoning. Interestingly, this study showed no illicit effect on memory recall.

A third study assessed psychomotor performance (reaction time, concentration, and memory), subjective alertness and physical endurance using FEDs (specifically Red Bull®). There was a statistically significant gain in aerobic and anaerobic performance using cycle ergometers.

Improvements in mental performance with increased reaction time, concentration, and immediate recall were noted. This study would reinforce the data that FEDs increase alertness17.

verner

verner

Team Nutra Ninja Monkey Trainer
Awards
  • Established
I have wanted this forever.....just ask Stryder how many times I have bugged him about this and agpc if it can be found cheap enough.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have wanted this forever.....just ask Stryder how many times I have bugged him about this and agpc if it can be found cheap enough.
I'm sure he would pick it up if you told him you could run all-night overtime on this stuff :run:

Anways I see lots of uses for this. Stack it with some Yohimbine, PEA before morning cardio. Or as a nootropic when you need to focus.

itln stln

itln stln

Awards
This would be perfect with Citrulline Malate for a pre-workout combo.

tgass

tgass

Awards
Hmm it's on Adrenaline by Genera Supplements, which is an AWESOME product!!! Would be nice to take that with Core Zap, would have an even more complete pre/w stack...

Last edited:
prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Count me in.

Nothing would be better then being able to formulate your own pre-wo drink with a little Glucuronolactone.

jblaze4lif

Awards
I'd pick this up ..... I ran out of my 200mg caffeine caps a month ago and Ive been wanting to pick them up on my next order ..

so next order will definitely be caffeine + glucuronolactone. Nice little cheap pre-workout stim :woohoo: