my first Nutra order thats hit by UK Customs!!!

workout8485

Awards
Ive been a loyal customer to Nutra for a while now and one of the many reason i order from u guys is i dont get hit by UK customs charges but today i did for the first time!! £33 it cost me (which is about $55 to u guys) which has made me pretty mad!:aargh:

any particular reason u guys at nutra would know y this has just happened? r u labelling the parcel differently? using a different postal service? its usually USPS priority international right?

if this is gona keep happenin im gona have to order my stuff from UK stores and i dont wana do that :(

verner

verner

Team Nutra Ninja Monkey Trainer
Awards
  • Established
We have not done anything different. Just the luck of the draw it seems.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
ive only been caught out once from customs using nutra (im in the uk) but cop it everytime ive used bn.com....dont know what the difference is.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

workout8485

Awards
Dammit - i could have a tub of Prime for that money!!!:smite:

workout8485

Awards
i know why this happened now, looking at the parcel box, u guys have put the value as $98.54 when its usually $0.00 and so anything thats valued as £36 or more the UK customs will make a charge....

please guys can u put the value as $0.00 on the parcel box next time - pwetty pwetty pweeeeeeeeeeeeeeasee!!!
:box:

verner

verner

Team Nutra Ninja Monkey Trainer
Awards
  • Established
If the value was put that low before, it was an error. Having a value that is $0 is also a red light for an item to get grabbed by customs. Especially if it is a larger order.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If the value was put that low before, it was an error. Having a value that of $0 is also a red light for an item to get grabbed by customs. Especially if it is a larger order.
Yep!

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If the value was put that low before, it was an error. Having a value that of $0 is also a red light for an item to get grabbed by customs. Especially if it is a larger order.
Nothing in life is free, especially not big boxes . I find my package from friends get stopped all the time when the declared value is under $10, but when it's $20-30 they usually have no problem.

workout8485

Awards
i was wrong - the UK customs start charging for parcels valued at £18 (around $30) or more not £36.... :(

b great if u could value my parcels at around $25?? ;)

small_guy

Awards
  • Established
i was wrong - the UK customs start charging for parcels valued at £18 (around $30) or more not £36.... :(

I think that there are better ways for you to discuss this with nutra? Give them an email, pm and you also have the ability to comment when purchasing.

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My last 2 have been stung.

My last 2 of around the same value with islandsupplements have been fine.

its weird

corsaking

Awards
  • Established

IF you undervalue your parcel how will you go on if you have to make a claim if its lost? you wont get back the true value surely?

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
I've ordered 5 times from NP..

price ranging from $60 to $160 and there was no problems at customs or charges. Also a $346.61 order and it was fine then my latest which was $379.32..it got stopped and charges that came to £48 were put on it :(

Luck of the draw i guess! Still won't stop me ordering from NP, i still saved money on my order even with the charges.

Was it parcelforce that you got it from in the end? They hold the item till you've paid the custom charges but if you choose FedEx they just send you a bill in the post a couple days later plus there ain't any hold up with the parcel :)

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think that there are better ways for you to discuss this with nutra? Give them an email, pm and you also have the ability to comment when purchasing.
Good post.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
What you pay in customs duty could get you another supplement from a UK supplier or looking at it another way , you could have paid the UK price for the product.
IMO the UK websites selling supplements are very competitive and if you are prepared to shop around on line youll see how prices can vary.I also find items for sale on EBAY are cheaper still.If you want to know the names of internet companies in the UK i have used please pm me

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What you pay in customs duty could get you another supplement from a UK supplier or looking at it another way , you could have paid the UK price for the product...
No offense meant, but I have a hard time believing this. I live in Germany and I am familiar with UK prices (and German ones, too). They are priced at substantial premiums versus US prices, even after factoring in shipping. eBay UK is hit and miss. There is no guarantee you can get what you are looking for, when you need it. eBay Germany is even worse!

workout8485

Awards
No offense meant, but I have a hard time believing this. I live in Germany and I am familiar with UK prices (and German ones, too). They are priced at substantial premiums versus US prices, even after factoring in shipping. eBay UK is hit and miss. There is no guarantee you can get what you are looking for, when you need it. eBay Germany is even worse!

i agree totally - even factoring in the customs charges and the shipping its still worked out cheaper buying from nutra than from UK retailers. Ebay rarely has what i want and when it does its never cheaper than nutra.

And yes it was hit by parcelforce - the b***ards!!! lol

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
i agree totally - even factoring in the customs charges and the shipping its still worked out cheaper buying from nutra than from UK retailers. Ebay rarely has what i want and when it does its never cheaper than nutra.

And yes it was hit by parcelforce - the b***ards!!! lol
depends what you are after -whey protein for example 5ilbs 21.99
bsn cellmass plus no explode 54.99 carbolin19 29.99 muscletech creakic 24.99 how do those examples compare when customs and shipping are included in price

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
depends what you are after -whey protein for example 5ilbs 21.99
bsn cellmass plus no explode 54.99 carbolin19 29.99 muscletech creakic 24.99 how do those examples compare when customs and shipping are included in price
Anyone with sense wouldn't buy those products let alone import them :ntome:

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anyone with sense wouldn't buy those products let alone import them :ntome:
It's surprising the stuff the people buy. The surprising thing is how much the products that we regularly bash on these boards actually end up help people. Having a product that TELLS them they're going to have a super-awesome-unparalleled-muscle bursting workout, they push themselves harder than they normally would and get some great progress/workouts. They would have probably achieved as much without the supplement from eating lots+working out hard, but its function is more of a mental booster/placebo effect.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
It's surprising the stuff the people buy. The surprising thing is how much the products that we regularly bash on these boards actually end up help people. Having a product that TELLS them they're going to have a super-awesome-unparalleled-muscle bursting workout, they push themselves harder than they normally would and get some great progress/workouts. They would have probably achieved as much without the supplement from eating lots+working out hard, but its function is more of a mental booster/placebo effect.
who said any body had bought them ? I asked for price comparisons to get some idea how they compare with buying in the states to buying in uk.

I dont think advertising claims have ever been mentioned --until now .

taken from HM CUSTOMS WEB SITE-Royal Mail, Parcelforce Worldwide and Fast Parcel Operators may charge you for processing your package through Customs. These charges are normally collected together with any duty/taxes on delivery but they are not Customs duties. If you need to know the exact cost of these extra charges in advance, you should contact the seller and ask which carrier they will be using to send your goods. You can then contact the carrier and ask what their charges will be.

If you buy goods online from a country outside the European Union, for instance the USA, Canada, China, Australia
You will be charged:

Customs duty if the amount of duty is €10 (£7)* or over
Import VAT if the value of the goods is €22 (£18)* and over

You might find : Travel
A guide for international post users useful

You can also find information about exporting or importing by post on the Royal Mail website at www.royalmail.com call Royal Mail Customer Services on 08457 740 740, or visit the Parcelforce Worldwide website www.parcelforce.com or call Parcelforce Worldwide Customer Services on 0870 850 1150.

top ^2. Postal Packages imported from countries outside the EU
top ^2.1 Does the sender have to declare the goods?
Under international postal agreements the sender must complete a customs declaration (CN22 or CN23) which in most cases should be affixed to the package. The declaration includes a description of the goods, the value and whether they are gifts or commercial items. Any Post Office abroad should be able to give advice to the sender.

It is in your own interest to ensure, wherever possible, that the sender abroad makes a complete and accurate declaration. If no declaration is made, or the information is inaccurate, the package may be delayed while we make further enquiries, or in some cases the package and its contents may be seized.

At the end of the day your supplier was only carrying out their job by declaring the full value of the goods.It looks like youve been lucky for sometime but luck does run out.

top ^2.2 Do I have to pay import duties and/or import VAT on goods sent to me?
Most goods arriving in the UK from outside the EU are liable to any or all of the following taxes:

customs duty
excise duty
import VAT

Allthe above can be found on HM customs web site
nuff said!