Free Your Mind. Who wants Rhodiola?

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This would be at fantastic NP pricing of course. Does anybody know what the bulk powder tastes like? The NOW Rhodiola is used by lots of guys here (Looking at an empty bottle next to me lol).

wontdie

wontdie

Awards
  • Established
Taste really nasty to me. A really strong,'fragrant' taste, chalky after taste. Sorry really know how to put it in words.

I got two 50g containers of 3% RR from B*lk about 2 years ago.

But they taste so nasty to me that I haven't really touched them. :)

This would be at fantastic NP pricing of course. Does anybody know what the bulk powder tastes like? The NOW Rhodiola is used by lots of guys here (Looking at an empty bottle next to me lol).

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The taste is horrible and it clumps to make gag-powfer bombs... BUT! - It makes a good tea. Simply throw if in some hot water wuth splenda and maybe lemon and its the strongest and vest tasting rhod i've ever used.

I would love to have the powder for at night or afternoon tea (and I am not even a tea drinker.)

verner

verner

Team Nutra Ninja Monkey Trainer
Awards
  • Established
Not as powder. It's right up there with yellow gold taste wise lol.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not as powder. It's right up there with yellow gold taste wise lol.
Plus, it's hydroscopic... which means it sticks to the roof of your mouth really, really easily.:sick:

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh, whoa, sorry: I said yes, because I wasn't even thinking you'd consider selling it as bulk, because it's so ****ing gross.

Nutracaps = yes

Bulk powder = gagno

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I use the powder in blends I cap. Taste is not all that terrible but it's not something I'd go out of my way to eat everyday.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Plus, it's hydroscopic... which means it sticks to the roof of your mouth really, really easily.:sick:
SO true but I like the powder to make into a tea like drink. Definetly feel it much more.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ubiyca

Ubiyca

Banned
Awards
  • Established
YES PLEASE NUTRA!

This way I won't need to order anything from BU-LK anymore. :)

I think powder and caps should be an option.

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
I'm down for the RR. I must be wacked because the taste is dry and somewhat sour but tolerable. I love the mood off it too.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So wierd, I always made it into a tea drink with the bulk powder then tried opening a cap from Now and it clumped together and had to stir a long time.

Wonder why?

If it mixes into water like the other bulk I had then can't wait, even if its in caps I just like to open them sometimes and do the tea thing.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So wierd, I always made it into a tea drink with the bulk powder then tried opening a cap from Now and it clumped together and had to stir a long time.

Wonder why?

If it mixes into water like the other bulk I had then can't wait, even if its in caps I just like to open them sometimes and do the tea thing.
Maybe NOW put some fillers or preservatives in. Also different batches and sources may vary slightly. ALso were they both the same extract percentage

Ubiyca

Ubiyca

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So... are you guys going to get some Rhodiola?? puhleez? :)

LOVERIUS

Awards
why not an combo of rhodiola and ashwagandha in the same pill? Two of the best adaptogens combined. Using it with PRIME would rock! Since Prime contains the king of medicine aswell.

But maybe u should have a lower dose of rhodiola per caps? i mean 500mg like now foods seems a bit to high for some, i get a more stimulatory effect when using half the pill.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
why not an combo of rhodiola and ashwagandha in the same pill? Two of the best adaptogens combined. Using it with PRIME would rock! Since Prime contains the king of medicine aswell.

But maybe u should have a lower dose of rhodiola per caps? i mean 500mg like now foods seems a bit to high for some, i get a more stimulatory effect when using half the pill.
Agree. NOW Foods Rhodiola is relatively highly dosed at 500mg (3% Rosavins and 1% Salidrosides) per serving. More is not better! 250mg per dose would be preferable. That way, one can do 2 x 250mg daily, if desired. Adding Ashwagandha may be a nice move, especially for those that get some stimulation from Rhodiola Rosea. Ashwagandha would tend to balance the stimulation, in addition to its neuro-protective, anti-oxidant, and cortisol-management properties. Stimulant-free Ashwagandha standardized to 8% withanolide glycoside conjugates and 32% oligosaccharides appears to be ideal.

LOVERIUS

Awards
Agree. NOW Foods Rhodiola is relatively highly dosed at 500mg (3% Rosavins and 1% Salidrosides) per serving. More is not better! 250mg per dose would be preferable. That way, one can do 2 x 250mg daily, if desired. Adding Ashwagandha may be a nice move, especially for those that get some stimulation from Rhodiola Rosea. Ashwagandha would tend to balance the stimulation, in addition to its neuro-protective, anti-oxidant, and cortisol-management properties. Stimulant-free Ashwagandha standardized to 8% withanolide glycoside conjugates and 32% oligosaccharides appears to be ideal.
+10000

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to strategicmove again.

Ha... I must be WAY overdosing it, never tried under 500mg and have gone up to 1.5g. Will have to try.

jblaze4lif

Awards
Sounds great id definitely buy

LOVERIUS

Awards
Rhodiola would stack well with other adaptogens (Ashwagandha (90 caps) By: NOW Foods ) and Focus Dirt (40 grams) By: USPLabs . Would you guys rather see a 50/50 Ashw./Rhodiola product?

I prefer a Ash/Rodhiola product yes!! Rhodiola should be standardized to the real SHR-5 (Rosavins, Salidrosid och p-Tyrosol) and like strategicmove said Ashwagandha should be standardized to 8% withanolide glycoside conjugates and 32% oligosaccharides!!

This adaptogen stack would rock..

Gotu kola seems a powerful adaptogen too.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to strategicmove again.

jacobcoile

Awards
damn I'm late thanks for the link in the other thread steveoph. I would go for either, but would really prefer them both in bulk powder if possible...

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Is that you morpheus?

Blue Pill please. I need to get away.

Will the Rhodiola let me live in an ignorant bliss?..........

Too late, already there. lol.

SokVichet

SokVichet

Awards
  • Established
What he said :p

Yes, steveoph, I would prefer a blend. I currently buy the NOW caps, and overdose daily (get some RR from Ragnarok as well). I currently have zero Ashwagandha, and this would be a GREAT way to get it. I would include this in my next order 100%

Also, is it possible to get too much adaptogen in your diet?

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Bulk powder is bitter but not all that bad.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
why not an combo of rhodiola and ashwagandha in the same pill? Two of the best adaptogens combined.
Well, if you're going that route, it'd be cool to see a nutra adaptocap blend: rhodiola, withania, bacopa, schidandra... it can be played with.