Can't find certain amino's

nowler

nowler

Awards
Hey guy's,
Im making my own bcaa to save on $$$ but cant find em.

I can get l-leucine but cant find l-isoleucine or l-valine,can you help me out?

I see a norvaline, it's an analog of valine but is i good enough?

Cant find anything like isoleucine.

Thanks

BifWebster

Awards
Before this post, there was really no demand for the other two bcaa's beside leucine.....
lol and after this post there still wont be any

bulk bcaa's are priced great at nutraplanet as is and they dont get cheaper anywhere else, and considering the hassle your probably not going to be saving a significant amount of money if it would even save money.

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
i'd get bcaa and a extra leucine...maybe just me

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i'd get bcaa and a extra leucine...maybe just me
I supplement with extra Leucine. It is the one aa that stimulates protein synthesis through mTOR (google, it's complicated), so I dose it throughout the day to make sure I get the muscle building signal on. It's not quite in the 2:1 ratio in most protein sources (it's underdosed so to speak), so adding 3g to every meal is how I use it (I suppose 3g, I never really measure to be honest lol)

nowler

nowler

Awards
Thanks for the reply's and pm's.

Is supplementing with extra leucine a GREAT benifit or does it just help a BIT?

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
both bcaa's or simply leucine make a big differene for me: fat loss, increased energy, focus and muscle stamina, improved recovery. I hate going without them.

BTW, my personal preference is bcaas over just leucine, but only to keep my amino ratios better balanced. For strictly performance purposes, just leucine is fine.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the reply's and pm's.

Is supplementing with extra leucine a GREAT benifit or does it just help a BIT?
I honestly couldn't tell you because I've never tried it on it's own. I don't think you will see massive results, but it has solid scientific evidence. These past 4 weeks I've really been going at my L-Leucine, and I've had massive gains but that is also due to the TNT stack and German Volume Training + High Cal Diet.

You're getting 1000g of Leucine for $27, Meanwhile 2000g of protein from ATW's Isolate costs $39. It's not that much more expensive, and I think it packs alot of punch/potential. To me, it's definitely worth the price. If nothing else, it's quality protein!

nowler

nowler

Awards
extend weighs 1260g,
How much of that weight is actually bcaa's?

It's less than 1260g coz theres also natural and artificial flavors, acesulfame potassium, sucralose, yellow#5, and red#40 added into the mix.

Any1 inteligant enough to answer that, coz im not :icon_lol:

nowler

nowler

Awards
Ooops lol.

I priced the stuff up.

extend costs-$45 with ONLY 630g of bcaa's
and
2000g of leucine,isoleucine,valine and citrulline malate mixed the same as extend is $107 with 125g of citrulline malate left over.

Correct me if im missing something but thats damn good!!

nowler

nowler

Awards
That settle's it then, bulk is the way to go :dance:

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
bulk(bcaa + cit. mal. + glut.) + crystal light = xTend (at a much better cost per serving)...you really need 8-10g leucine per day so divide the servings of xtend by 3. be real, its not going to last a month.

Dizmal

Dizmal

Awards
  • Established
I bought Xtend and Core ABC with the bulk BCAA's. The bcaa's mix like crap, especially when mega dosing.

Xtend and Core ABC seem to mix much better.

I mix 2 scoops of ABC, w 2 scoop of Xtend w 2 scoops bulk pre-workout.

Then post-wo 2 scoops Xtend w 2 or 3 scoops bulk bcaa w 1.8g bulk BA.

So far so good :) The cheapest route? No. But imo it's better tasting, better mixing and less hassle of mixing BA, Glut, CM and bulk BCAA with some splenda or what not..

If I have to throw in 25g worth of bulk BCAA and bulk BA, CM and Glut, ughhhh. I don't want to even think of the foamy froth that would be on top of that mix.

nowler

nowler

Awards
Im not going to bother adding glutamine to the mix, i dont really buy into the stuff a hole lot.
The body produces enough glutamine unless your doing some EXTREME sh!t.

It doesn't really bother me bout the powder not desolving to well, i drink grapfruit juice with my extend and creatine in it and believe me when i say the creatine definitly dont mix well in it lol.
Plus i've used regeneration X in the past,now that is some nasty sh!t lol.

"Eat for the function NOT for the taste"

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
Im not going to bother adding glutamine to the mix, i dont really buy into the stuff a hole lot.
The body produces enough glutamine unless your doing some EXTREME sh!t.

It doesn't really bother me bout the powder not desolving to well, i drink grapfruit juice with my extend and creatine in it and believe me when i say the creatine definitly dont mix well in it lol.
Plus i've used regeneration X in the past,now that is some nasty sh!t lol.

"Eat for the function NOT for the taste"
if you are training enough for bcaa you are training enough for glutamine imo...taurine too!

also your body may produce it but are you giving it enough of what is needs to do so?

about the dissovling issue...mix it in advance. letting it sit for awhile will get it dissovled for yea...hope that helps.

nowler

nowler

Awards
if you are training enough for bcaa you are training enough for glutamine imo...taurine too!

also your body may produce it but are you giving it enough of what is needs to do so?

about the dissovling issue...mix it in advance. letting it sit for awhile will get it dissovled for yea...hope that helps.
I'll try that with the mixing, thanks.

As for the glutamine, check this out.

Muscleheads4life - Glutamine, is it essential??

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
there has been a few heated debaits here on glutamine as well...my philosophy is that we give our bodies more than it needs on everything in order to obtain our goals, glutamine is no exception in my book!

for every study against it there are more at support its use...funny thing is that goes is for just about everything we take! someone will always find the good or bad in anything!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
someone will always find the good or bad in anything!
For example: Rep comments like "XOXO" :D LOL

Seriously, though, science can be a real pain in that respect.

Also, nowler, t-nation had a good article on leucine recently, check it out. Just don't buy from them - incredibly overpriced. :jaw:

Stick with NP and save your money.

nowler

nowler

Awards
lol Thats true bro, trust in people to always find the bad in good things.

Im not against glutamine supplementation, i just stopped taking it since i was laid off work, i dont think i NEED it when my only exertion is 1 hr of lifting a day.

Maybe im wrong, what do you think.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol Thats true bro, trust in people to always find the bad in good things.

Im not against glutamine supplementation, i just stopped taking it since i was laid off work, i dont think i NEED it when my only exertion is 1 hr of lifting a day.

Maybe im wrong, what do you think.
You're fine without it. The studies done on it were on severe burn patients/trauma where it was useful. In your situation, it won't make much of a difference in my opinion. That being said, some people swear by it, but there are some pretty crazy beliefs out there.

nowler

nowler

Awards
You're fine without it. The studies done on it were on severe burn patients/trauma where it was useful. In your situation, it won't make much of a difference in my opinion. That being said, some people swear by it, but there are some pretty crazy beliefs out there.
Ok pal, thanks.